List of New and Old charges against Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilly Willy

Reaction score
Do we have a place that lists everything Casey is currently charged with?

WESH reports that more check related fraud charges will be filed against Casey in the next few days. How many does this make now? I know she has already been charged for stealing Amy's checks. Has she been charged with stealing from her grandmother? If so, then who else did she steal checks from?

She stole credit cards from her parents.

Bank of America and Target both suffered losses from Casey's bad check writing, and they both told LE that they do wish to bring charges against Casey, and will testify against her.

This is in the legal documents pertaining to the check fraud charges, and I believe these would be the next charges to be brought.

The previous check fraud charges all had to do with losses suffered by Amy.

If Amy has had additional checks hit her account, then there could be charges for those.

There's also the $574 payment to AT&T. If AT&T suffered a loss from that, then they may also go forward with charges.

I thought the last batch of charges were for using Amy's checks. If not, then what check were those charges for? Do you know?

Bank of America and Target both suffered losses from Casey's bad check writing, and they both told LE that they do wish to bring charges against Casey, and will testify against her.

This is in the legal documents pertaining to the check fraud charges, and I believe these would be the next charges to be brought.

If Amy has had additional checks hit her account, then there could be charges for those.

There's also the $574 payment to AT&T. If AT&T suffered a loss from that, then they may also go forward with charges.

LOL If they arrest her again like the last time then GA and CA will have to post her bond again. This time she may have to sit in jail.

LOL If they arrest her again like the last time will GA and CA have to post her bond again. This time she may have to sit in jail.

You can check out the affadavit on the OCDS website found in the stickies..It does say that Target and Bank of America were pressing charges.

You can check out the affadavit on the OCDS website found in the stickies..It does say that Target and Bank of America were pressing charges.

Thanks. It looks like, so far, Casey has only been charged for one of the stolen checks. Many more to go.....

Thanks. It looks like, so far, Casey has only been charged for one of the stolen checks. Many more to go.....

If you go to MyOrangeClerk.com and click on the MyClerk icon, then click accept, go to the box that says Criminal, click, then type in CA's name you can see any current charges the Clerk's office has on file
http://myorangeclerk.com/

All the charges so far have been from Amy's accusation. The banks filed charges, too. I think the new ones will be from Caylee's great parents, but I'm not sure how this works because normally the victim would have to sign a complaint. The only way the bank can bring the charges is if they are actually out money. I would have to see the checks and how they were paid to know who lost the money. If they were cashed by KC, at the bank, then the banks probably are out money. If they were cashed at a check cashing place, then the check cashier's would be out the money.

The credit card theft would have to be claimed the the A's, and I don't see them pressing charges. Only the person or business who loses money can file a complaint.

One difference - if there was actually credit purchases made over the internet, that can be turned into a federal charge. The thinking is that the transaction went through more than one state because it was done on-line.

The e-check I believe was for ATT to pay her cell phone bill. That may be considered wire fraud which is a federal offense since it was over the internet, carrying it's own sentence of a maximum of 10 years, IIRC.

The stolen money from the grandparents nursing home fund may get classified into a federal offense since it was funds through the government with assisted living.

Doesn't look good for Little Miss Hollywood.

All the charges so far have been from Amy's accusation. The banks filed charges, too. .........snip.........
It appears that she's facing 3 separate charges stemming from only 1 of Amy's checks. There are what, 4 or 5 more checks that she wrote? I think she can only be charged by one party over each check. In other words, both Target and the Bank can't press charges over the same check. If the bank honored the checks, Target received payment. Same with AT&T and whoever else Casey wrote the checks to. If the bank reimbursed Amy, the bank is the injured party and has the right to press charges. If they didn't reimburse her, it's up to Amy.

EDIT: I think there will be individual charges for each check she wrote, rather than one charge for all the checks she stole from Amy.

New Charges Filed Against Casey Anthony
Protests Continue At Anthony Home

POSTED: 8:49 am EDT September 11, 2008
UPDATED: 10:58 am EDT September 11, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office filed 10 new charges against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

The charges range from grand theft and fraud to forging checks. The alleged victim in all of the new charges was Anthony's friend, Amy Huizenga.

Anthony could be arrested for a third time within the next few days on additional charges of fraud involving checks, officials at the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17445767/detail.html

If these charges are all about her thefts from Amy, it means Casey has still the grandma theft charges to look forward to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wesh.com/news/17445767/detail.html

TEN new charges filed against Casey!!!!

New Charges Filed Against Casey Anthony
Protests Continue At Anthony Home

POSTED: 8:49 am EDT September 11, 2008
UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT September 11, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office filed 10 new charges against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

The charges range from grand theft and fraud to forging checks. The alleged victim in all of the new charges was Anthony's friend, Amy Huizenga.

Anthony could be arrested for a third time within the next few days on additional charges of fraud involving checks, officials at the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

I don't think this is awesome at all . . . she'll be out in 24 hours . . . it's not going to change anything . . . she's not going to do jail time for writing bad checks . . .

No but still, the more the better........can't wait for murder charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members