Website
www.facebook.com
videon_china.jpg
videon_china_ap.jpg

Missing Since: October 19, 1999 from Christiana, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 30, 1982
Height and Weight: 5'3, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Videon has a scar on her right knee and a tattoo of a butterfly on her right hip. Videon's ears are pierced multiple times and her navel is pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Videon was last seen at a beauty salon at Jackson Heights Plaza in her hometown of Christiana, Tennessee on October 19, 1999. She told her mother she planned to get gas for her black four-door 1999 Mazda Protege with Tennessee license plates numbered 784PGX, and then go home. When Videon's mother arrived home later that day, her daughter was not there. Videon has never been heard from again.

It was initially believed that Videon left of her own accord with an adult male, but now foul play is suspected in her case. In June 2000, her car was found abandoned at an apartment complex in south Nashville, Tennessee. Investigators stated that it looked as if the vehicle had been there for a long time. Some of Videon's personal property was inside.

Videon was a student at Riverdale High School at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Rutherford County Sheriff's Office
615-898-7770
OR
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
Washington, D. C. Office

202-324-3000

Thank you so much for posting this. I was one of the last people to see China although for the life of me I don't remember that day at all. Although I was there when China was I was busy with a client. I'm a hairstylist that worked in that salon which has since gone out of business. I do still work with one of the stylists from that salon at that time and China's mother is still her client.

China was not at the salon that day for a service. Her mother was there having her nails done and China had stopped by to say hello and chat with her mother. China made a phone call to a friend and left after staying only about 30 minutes. We never saw her again.

There was not a great deal of follow up on this case which is very sad and frustrating.

If anyone has any information to add it would be greatly appreciated. Sadly, it seems if a case is not in the news it sometimes doesn't get as attention.

I wish I could believe that China is alive somewhere but I don't think she is. :(

MEDIA LINK/NEWS STORY/ CHINA VIDEON-
this is a good video interview with Suzanne and explains a little more detail about the day China disappeared. it shows, briefly, the salon, the grocery store and the contents of China's car when it was found.

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/tbi_mw/vid_86.shtml

Does anyone know specifically which apartment complex China's car was found at?

“I would like closure, I want justice to be served,” Videon said. “I want to know what happened to her and where she is. … If a person has a heart and soul, they should come forward.”

Videon recalled the last time she saw daughter China, a Riverdale High School student who worked at Bi-Lo grocery store on Rutherford Boulevard.

On the night of Oct. 19, 1999, China got off work, met her mother about 7 p.m. at a beauty salon in Jackson Heights Plaza, then left to go to a friend’s house. Nothing seemed amiss.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/mother-searches-for-answers-in-daughters-disappearance-cms-7149

These are just a few questions I would ask, If I could and get answers.

Did the friend ever meet up with her?
Did anyone live at the apartments that she knew or could be linked to the friend or did the friend live there or near by?
Who was the manager of the complex? Was he asked why the car sat and it was not reported? Most cars that sit, get called in to LE so they can be towed, and I am sure her car and plate number was on the news, why didn't anyone notice it?
Was everyone that lived there, checked for priors and SO? Even a few yrs back? Someone may have been living there with another person and not on the lease, so was that checked too?

I am sure all of this was done, LE is smart and they have been doing it for years. Maybe a new set of eyes, like a task team for cold cases could be asked to look at the records?

Detective Sgt. Dan Goodwin of the Cold Case Unit, a division of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, began investigating China Videon’s disappearance five years ago.

“We believe China was abducted, killed and disposed of by someone who knew her well,” Goodwin said. “The case is more difficult because her remains have never been found.”

China Videon worked at Bi-Lo grocery store on South Rutherford Boulevard near Southeast Broad Street in Murfreesboro.

Goodwin is asking for her co-workers or friends who may heard any information to call the Criminal Investigations Division at 615-904-3038.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/sheriffs-office-asks-for-help-in-unsolved-abduction-cms-32968

Attachments

• 11-4-2012 1-24-19 PM.png
    11-4-2012 1-24-19 PM.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 152
Thank you so much for posting this. I was one of the last people to see China although for the life of me I don't remember that day at all. Although I was there when China was I was busy with a client. I'm a hairstylist that worked in that salon which has since gone out of business. I do still work with one of the stylists from that salon at that time and China's mother is still her client.

China was not at the salon that day for a service. Her mother was there having her nails done and China had stopped by to say hello and chat with her mother. China made a phone call to a friend and left after staying only about 30 minutes. We never saw her again.

There was not a great deal of follow up on this case which is very sad and frustrating.

If anyone has any information to add it would be greatly appreciated. Sadly, it seems if a case is not in the news it sometimes doesn't get as attention.

I wish I could believe that China is alive somewhere but I don't think she is. :(

1) Who was this last person to have contact with China?
2) What was her plan after getting fuel? Did she ever get the fuel?
3) Was there anything else in the car which was not hers or was from a period AFTER her disappearance?
4) It is said she is believed to have been abducted and killed by someone that knew her well. What is the basis for that? Any links to co-workers, Security or even LE?
5) Did she have a "pattern" on days like this. Most people
have patterns. She didn't have to work, she visited her mom, she was going to get gas, and then? What would she typically do, who would she typically see, what route would that take?
6) What do her friends say? especially those closest to her?
7) Was there a boyfriend?
8) Did she go to parties? Most recent? Was a list made?
9) Whom else did she interact with? Delivery people, repair people, someone she would have periodic contact with who would know her well? Friends of friends, etc... Is there a POI list at all?
10) Why was it initially assumed that she left of her own accord????
11) Are there any patterns of similar cases within 100 miles? Any pattern of rapes in the immediate area in the same time period?

What a beautiful young lady....love that smile!

I would love to know who China was meeting....if she arrived....who else was around that evening? Did she have a boyfriend...or an ex-boyfriend?
When was the last time anyone saw her?

How terrible it would be to be a parent without answers. The pain would be unbearable. I wish we could find out what really happened to China....

1) Who was this last person to have contact with China?
2) What was her plan after getting fuel? Did she ever get the fuel?
3) Was there anything else in the car which was not hers or was from a period AFTER her disappearance?
4) It is said she is believed to have been abducted and killed by someone that knew her well. What is the basis for that? Any links to co-workers, Security or even LE?
5) Did she have a "pattern" on days like this. Most people
have patterns. She didn't have to work, she visited her mom, she was going to get gas, and then? What would she typically do, who would she typically see, what route would that take?
6) What do her friends say? especially those closest to her?
7) Was there a boyfriend?
8) Did she go to parties? Most recent? Was a list made?
9) Whom else did she interact with? Delivery people, repair people, someone she would have periodic contact with who would know her well? Friends of friends, etc... Is there a POI list at all?
10) Why was it initially assumed that she left of her own accord????
11) Are there any patterns of similar cases within 100 miles? Any pattern of rapes in the immediate area in the same time period?

Wow...I love your list! I was composing my thoughts just as you posted and I share many of your questions....

Videon still lives in the same house. She kept China’s bedroom untouched where she often laid down or sat down on the bed and cried. Six months ago, she put China’s belongings in storage.

“The reminder is so overpowering, I felt I needed to change part of it so it would be easier to deal with,” the mother said, adding, “I think to remain healthy, sometimes you need to let go of something. That’s very painful to you day in and day out.”

She copes by working and keeping busy. Some days she sits and cries.

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=7149

Attachments

• Suzanne Videon.png
    Suzanne Videon.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 125
China is beautiful! I hope some truth is found and her family can understand what happened. The link on one the posts no longer works. What was found of her belongings in the car?

I would be looking at whoever told them that she had left with an adult male. I think a lot of cases would be solved a lot sooner if stories like these were investigated properly and not just taken at face value.

Wondering why police are convinced she was abducted, killed and disposed of by someone who "knew her well"?
If we had more information on things like this it might be easier to formulate a scenario, for sure!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back