Bits and Pieces

SimplyComplicated

It's ALL about Caylee
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, I searched but didn't see anything really related to this question.

I am wondering, if this goes to trial, will someone have the opportunity to supply LE or the DA with all these little "amazing" bits and pieces of information that need to be seen to paint the picture of KC? Like the high five video/picture. Or the smirk when she was released from jail the second time.

I know LE is doing their best to keep everything together, but I am guessing they are concentrating more on the physical evidence. Possibly not so much on things like the picture, or videos of her actions. I know a lot of people on this board are awesome at keeping up with things like this. Will it be put together in a packet of sorts, for the court?

Kind of an off the wall question, but I am really curious. I think that a lot of it would help show in case she does go to court trying to act like a caring and heartbroken mother of the year. TIA!

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, I searched but didn't see anything really related to this question.

I am wondering, if this goes to trial, will someone have the opportunity to supply LE or the DA with all these little "amazing" bits and pieces of information that need to be seen to paint the picture of KC? Like the high five video/picture. Or the smirk when she was released from jail the second time.

I know LE is doing their best to keep everything together, but I am guessing they are concentrating more on the physical evidence. Possibly not so much on things like the picture, or videos of her actions. I know a lot of people on this board are awesome at keeping up with things like this. Will it be put together in a packet of sorts, for the court?

Kind of an off the wall question, but I am really curious. I think that a lot of it would help show in case she does go to court trying to act like a caring and heartbroken mother of the year. TIA!

There are plenty of fine legal minds here who can answer this better than I can, however, I do recall that interviews, taped phone calls, etc were used as evidence against Scott Peterson, so I would imagine yes, these images, etc can be used....OK, legal eagles, correct me now...LOL.
Good morning to all, and lets keep our hearts open to Caylee....

I believe the LE reads the paper everyday, and keeps up with the news. I doubt there is anything we could tell them that they won't know if this goes to trial. Besides, I think they read WS's too.......of course as always........JMO

Oh yes!!! Absolutely. For the penalty phase of trial they will have probably a whole team working on this one! Her lack of remorse will be brought up, her actions before reporting her missing and after, her lies and attitude and the wild goose chases covering her own butt and showing she wasn't concerned with finding Caylee,, but more concerned with herself. THe Psych evals will come into play. Any violations of her bond. The penalty phase is where you get all the goods on her personality. Defense was already looking for character witnesses to counter if you believe TonE's statement. LE will also be trying to use any of it they can for a "finding of future dangerousness." That will help increase the penalty.

LEE on this case reads here...they haven't missed a trick!

Oh yes!!! Absolutely. For the penalty phase of trial they will have probably a whole team working on this one! Her lack of remorse will be brought up, her actions before reporting her missing and after, her lies and attitude and the wild goose chases covering her own butt and showing she wasn't concerned with finding Caylee,, but more concerned with herself. THe Psych evals will come into play. Any violations of her bond. The penalty phase is where you get all the goods on her personality. Defense was already looking for character witnesses to counter if you believe TonE's statement. LE will also be trying to use any of it they can for a "finding of future dangerousness." That will help increase the penalty.

Oh yes, they do NOT want to lose any aspect of this case, once it's in Court.
District Attorney's office probably has more people than they can spare, devoted to putting all this together, already. They are living and breathing this case.

I would venture a guess that while all those creepy actions are coming in at penalty phase, prosecutors are already working on evidentiary questions and other ways to get as much damning evidence as possible , admitted in the course of the trial.
They will try to use these bits and pieces to show "State of Mind," or they can be used to show motive, or whatever else they feel like arguing. It can be argued that the bits and pieces are circumstantial evidence of just about anything.
Yes LE is working on it around the clock. So are the lawyers who represent the state, the people.

Trial lawyers have been taught that they should imagine a blank canvas before the jury. It is the lawyer's job to paint a picture on that canvas using every "color" possible. Each of those crazy actions represents a color which needs to be on the canvas.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back