746 users online (83 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WFTV asks: Who Cashed in on Caylee Anthony video?

Speaking of "follow the money..." Didnít see this posted yet Ė will kill the thread if itís a duplicate. From the WFTV website:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News is following the money in the Caylee Anthony case, both the money Casey Anthony is charged with stealing and the money someone in the Anthony family may be making from home video obtained by ABC's 20/20.

Every day, Casey Anthony leaves her parent's home and is driven to her lawyer's office in Kissimmee by one family member or another and then driven back home. Casey's lawyer says he's being paid, but won't say by whom, and now Eyewitness News has learned that someone in the family might have gotten a big paycheck because of the tragedy.

<snip>

There are reports that ABC possibly paid $200,000 for licensing rights to the videos. On Thursday, ABC News told Eyewitness News, "ABC News licensed footage and photos from rights holders. We do not discuss the details of our licensing agreements."

Eyewitness News has learned only four people would have access and or rights to the family videos and photographs: Caylee's mother Casey, Caylee's uncle Lee and her grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony.

Through their Orlando attorney, Mark NeJame, Cindy and George strongly deny having anything to do with the release and/or sale of the videos.
    "Absolutely not. And anybody that would suggest such a thing is a damnable liar. They did not receive one penny. They did not negotiate or utter one syllable towards that," NeJame said.

Eyewitness News contacted Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, to ask if he or Casey has received any money from ABC for the videos and photos. His public relations firm refused to answer specific questions about the licensing fee but said, "The Baez law firm is focused solely on defending their client, not the commercialization of their client's missing daughter Caylee."

Baez's public relations firm said he's received offers for book and movie deals for more than a million dollars, none of which have been accepted. But, again, they won't answer specifically about licensing fees.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html

Geez, two hundred thou would buy a lot of Miss Clairol. Or Iron Man toys.

I guess now we know what's in the backpack Casey wears to her attorney visits - home videos. Baez probably brokered the deal so that he'd get paid, same as Larry Birkhead's attorney brokered his big media deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I guess now we know what's in the backpack Casey wears to her attorney visits - home videos. Baez probably brokered the deal so that he'd get paid, same as Larry Birkhead's attorney brokered his big media deal.
    Ya know, I was wondering what was in that huge white backpack this morning. Casey got out of the car and ran in the building and Lee followed carrying one white backpack (looked stuffed) and something else. Maybe it was videos.

Horrifying about the money, if it's true!!! What kind of people are these? (don't answer, I know!)

I guess if all of the media are making $$ off the story, why not? People got to live and eat.

Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom

Well, that's the 200,000 video
    I guess the 1.5 millon deal is for that million dollar question....

Where's Caylee?!!

It's all very disgusting in my eyes.
    Anything and everything I type, is all just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I guess if all of the media are making $$ off the story, why not? People got to live and eat.

Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom
    I am so glad to see you on, I have a question for you about the chloroform!
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post

Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom
    The media outlets, attorneys, etc are doing their jobs...that's different. Most families would find making money off their missing/deceased (probably murdered) loved one repulsive. Then again, this isn't your typical family. Thank God.

ETA: And, if Casey made money off it...even worse. She should not make a cent off the daughter she 'lost' (best case) and won't help recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The media outlets, attorneys, etc are doing their jobs...that's different. Most families would find making money off their missing/deceased (probably murdered) loved one repulsive. Then again, this isn't your typical family. Thank God.

Now we know why Lee is carrying all her bags and doing a high five on camera with her!
    Judge Stan Strickland "God didn't set Casey free - a jury did"

So the "stress" that Lee was relieving by playing Halo 3 etc. must have been from all the media negotiations.

Who thinks that the g-parents know about this sale and who thinks that they don't know or else don't approve and are somewhat the hostages of their own two spawn?

Although my belief differs from most of yours on this case, this is one area I think I concur ... [sp]

I kind of believe the whole reason the Anthony's even hired an attorney to begin with is to keep track of all of these offers/contracts that are popping up ... with movie/book/TV deals.

He's not so great at answering anyother questions.

I'm not familiar w/ this attorney, however, I do recall the WS thread Headline..."highpriced attorney ... bla bla bla" what is he known for? What kind of law does he specialize in?

I do still think this stuff, takes a back seat to Caylee.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html

"Through their Orlando attorney, Mark NeJame, Cindy and George strongly deny having anything to do with the release and/or sale of the videos.

"Eyewitness News contacted Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, to ask if he or Casey has received any money from ABC for the videos and photos. His public relations firm refused to answer specific questions about the licensing fee but said,"

The parents are saying they are not involved. KA's lawyer is dodging the question.

My guess is that the action happened on the kids side. The lawyer knows about it. Might have done some advising on the matter. Might have pointed out the judge might not let KC keep the money, etc. However, Lee might be able to get away with it.

As far as 'making moeny off her death." That is like saying that everyone involved in this case should work for free.

It it was Lee, and he thought this was the thing to do, to help is sister, the case, etc... he wouldn't be making money off it. The lawyers would. It would all depend on what he did with the money left over, if he profited from it...

These people are lower than low.

When someone(Baez & Crew) refuses to answer a specific question, its because of
    GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and another thing who believes anything that comes out of the
    grandmothers mouth. Her and her "half-truths" are going 2 help ensure her daughters
    conviction. The A's must have tons of home videos of our precious Caylee. So, why
    did they choose the one of Casey shoving icecream in Caylees face? Is this the
    video that they are using to portay CA as a loving mother? SORRY, I didnt get that impression. It seemed to me that Casey was guided by her mom on how to react to the situation. ENJOY, The money now KC cause its just a matter of time before you will be charged with MURDER 1!

Quote Originally Posted by canuluvsum1unevrmet View Post
    When someone(Baez & Crew) refuses to answer a specific question, its because of
    GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and another thing who believes anything that comes out of the
    grandmothers mouth. Her and her "half-truths" are going 2 help ensure her daughters
    conviction. The A's must have tons of home videos of our precious Caylee. So, why
    did they choose the one of Casey shoving icecream in Caylees face? Is this the
    video that they are using to portay CA as a loving mother? SORRY, I didnt get that impression. It seemed to me that Casey was guided by her mom on how to react to the situation. ENJOY, The money now KC cause its just a matter of time before you will be charged with MURDER 1!
    I agree, The videos made her look awful if you ask me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast