GUILTY UK - Naomi Hill, 4, disabled, drowned by mum, Flintshire, Wales, 26 Nov 2007

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-taking-daughter-drowned-bath-hospital.html

A mother drank a bottle of wine after drowning her disabled four-year-old daughter in a bath, and then 'calmly' carried her into hospital, a court hears.

A jury at Chester Crown Court has been told Joanne Hill, 32 - accused of murdering her daughter Naomi last November - was calm when she arrived at the Countess of Chester Hospital with her dead daughter in her arms.

Prosecutors claim the mother from north Wales, hatched a plan to kill the youngster when her husband refused to allow her to put Naomi up for adoption because she could not cope with her daughter's cerebral palsy.

Giving evidence today, hospital staff told jurors how they noticed that Hill was drunk and appeared distant and calm as doctors desperately tried to resuscitate the young girl.

The trial continues.:furious::furious::furious:

OMG atleast that poor baby can rest in peace now. I hope that mother pays. :(

At first I thought Mental Illness but why didn't the father take action, No child deserves this
Why are all these mothers killing their children, not infanticides but 2,3,4year olds?
Or do we just hear about it more?:waitasec:

If she is not mentally ill she could have just left her daughter with her father and abandoned them if she didn't want her. Poor little Naomi. She was a beautiful child.

I wonder where the father was when this happened?

This woman took a Taxi to a hospital with a dead child in her arms?:confused:

Did the taxi driver not notice Naomi was dead? I'm constantly surprised by our fellow humans....scares the crap out of me.:(

Just Tragic

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...er+four-year-old+disabled+daughter/article.do

Another Beautiful Little girls life cut short. Too much Alcohol and a life taken :(

And everyones life shattered.

There needs to be MORE Social Help. Not just for mothers with children with disabilities but even those with out. New Mothers have it all upon them, the pressures to raise the perfect family, be the perfect wife and work in many cases and still smile and carry on
Mother hood is the hardest job in the world, and many fail to realise that or even acknowledge it

Too many children are being killed because of our society today.

Whatever happened to family ?

You do not see too many Large European Families who all gather around and HELP when a new baby comes on the scene - parents killing their child.
Gone are the days when the new baby would come and family would come and help cook, clean , wash and iron and above all give the mum a rest.....
And give that emotional support that is needed.

Now its all PND and shove these drugs down your throat :(

Mothers end up on a vicious cycle of drugs and depression and feel like failures

ITs all so wrong :(

Some people are sick - but some are also just plain evil. Her hubby himself called her evil and after reading the story about how she methodically planned this disgusting act and subsequently held her daughter's head underwater for 10-20 MINUTES, I'm apt to agree with him.:furious:

Some people are sick - but some are also just plain evil. Her hubby himself called her evil and after reading the story about how she methodically planned this disgusting act and subsequently held her daughter's head underwater for 10-20 MINUTES, I'm apt to agree with him.:furious:

I know I know just despicable and she drove around with the little girls body strapped in a car seat after dressing her, for 8 hrs !

Another stunningly beautiful child lost. I HATE these people; even depression is no excuse. The woman's worst fear is water so that is how she killed her own little girl. Remember how they used to dip the women accused of witchcraft in the water to see if they would drown? I think something similar is called for here!

'Joanne is a non-swimmer with a fear of water. To be held under water is her biggest fear.

'What she did to my princess Naomi was evil.'

Earlier, the court heard that Hill admitted killing Naomi and told police she had planned to do it.

and More snipped
Mrs Hill, who sold advertising space for a publishing company, killed her daughter on November 26 last year at the family home in Connah's Quay, North Wales.

She said she decided to kill Naomi, and herself, at work earlier that day.

After leaving her office in Chester, Hill went to a pub where she had a glass of wine, then collected Naomi from a child-minder.

Driving her daughter home, Hill stopped at a local supermarket to buy more wine where she laughed and joked with the shop assistant.

At about 6pm, they arrived home and Hill immediately ran a bath while Naomi watched television.

As the bath filled, Hill added bubble bath and drank a glass of wine before picking up her daughter and carrying her upstairs.
Loved by dad: Hill admitted drowning Naomi, who had mild cerebral palsy, in the bath, but denied murder due to diminished responsibility

Loved by dad: Hill admitted drowning Naomi, who had mild cerebral palsy, in the bath, but denied murder due to diminished responsibility

Although Naomi had said she did not want a bath, there was no struggle, Hill later told police.

She stood Naomi up in the tub then forced her to sit down and thrust her face under the water, holding her daughter's head submerged for between 10 and 20 minutes.

After drowning her, she dressed Naomi in blue denim dungarees and a pink and yellow top before putting her in the family Renault Megane along with her handbag and a bottle of wine.

She told police she wanted to be out the house before her husband returned home from work at 7.30pm and found out what she had done.

For the next eight hours Hill drove around between Deeside and Chester, stopping to drink the wine, buy another bottle and get petrol - as her dead daughter remained in the back seat.

CCTV footage was played of Hill going into a Shell garage at 11.35pm after filling up with petrol.

But she had no money and joked about paying with a Matalan card.

At around 3.30am Hill arrived at the Countess of Chester hospital drunk and cradling Naomi in her arms.

Calmly, Hill said to medical staff: 'Will somebody help me. I think she's dead.'

Helen Stroyd, a clinical coordinator who sat with Hill in the relatives' room, said Hill had asked if the hospital staff 'could wave a magic wand and make Naomi better'.

But nothing could be done to revive the little girl and she was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.

She certainly sounds not all together right in the head.

Jailed for life in September 2008:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...life-for-killing-cerebral-palsy-daughter.html

A jury at Chester Crown Court heard that Hill, who will serve a minimum term of 15 years, set about planning the murder after her husband, Simon, refused to allow Naomi to be put out for adoption.

She carried it out on the afternoon of November 26 knowing that he would be at work and unable to stop her...

Michael Chambers, QC, said she was "ashamed and embarrassed" by her daughter's condition and murdered her in a "determined and planned act." He told the jury: "Joanne Hill could not come to terms with the fact that her daughter was disabled."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back