Are the Latest Fraud Charges a Bargaining Chip?

Everly

Reaction score
It has been reported that Casey could get a sentence of as much as 50 years for the fraud and theft charges against, if they go to trial. These charges should be pretty easy to prove, even if Grandma refuses to testify. I certainly think that Amy H. will and some require no victim complaint at all.

Are these charges going to be a bargaining chip?

Will they sit the perp down and explain that she can cop to an accident, tell where the body is and receive a LESSER sentence than the fraud charges amount to? Make a deal-- give us a body and we'll go for manslaughter or whatever with an agreed upon sentence or else we prosecute to the max on the fraud charges?

I think the fraud charges are totally unrelated to the child neglect (and hopefully murder) charges and she can stand trial for both. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think LE is trying make sure Casey lands in prision for a very long time even if the murder charges don't stick.

They could be a bargaining chip at some point down the road when she comes up for parole.

I think they are tool right now, today or tomorrow or soon. They don't know where else to look, they want to find Caylee. Casey has no interest in talking because so far all she sees are rewards for telling tales or refusing to answer. Attention, money, "friends", "celebrity" -- all rewards to Casey.

They have to show something with some teeth to make her talk, and 50 years for fraud versus 20 or whatever she will get for some charge less than murder should stimulate her. Or rather, it would if she were normal. Clearly she is not.

IT hink so.. look you are going to get 50 for these.. OR we can agree to 15-20 if give up the body

thing is 50 years if the sentences don't run concurrent; i.e. if they don't lump them all together as time served together. ugh can't think right now. they can be consecutive or concurrent. that determines how much time she will spend.

It has been reported that Casey could get a sentence of as much as 50 years for the fraud and theft charges against, if they go to trial. These charges should be pretty easy to prove, even if Grandma refuses to testify. I certainly think that Amy H. will and some require no victim complaint at all.

snip?

Hi. I was not aware that the thefts from grandma had been brought into it by LE. I thought these were all for AH. Link me please and TIA

These charges are separate and apart from the neglect charge. Casey can get up to 50 years for these charges alone. That is, if the judge sentences Casey to the maximum. I hope he does. However, I am sure Casey's lawyer will make sure the entire amount is paid (restitution) before the trial. Restitution would have been ordered by the judge anyway. Having paid the checks off may make for a reduced sentence.

I would love to see Casey tried for the fraud and check charges right away and her butt sent to prison. I think that it will not be done before her neglect case goes to trial in November unless she pleads guilty at arraignment.

I absolutely hate to see Casey donning her sunglasses and running from the camera! I do, however, have the consolation that she will have to sit in court during her trial without her sunglasses and hear her sordid past catch up with her. I will celebrate the day that Casey is behind bars again where she so richly deserves to be. It is so hard for me to be patient and wait for this to happen, but I do remind myself that it WILL happen!

IMO, these charges really are not a great bargaining tool when we are talking about possible life in prison.

Hi. I was not aware that the thefts from grandma had been brought into it by LE. I thought these were all for AH. Link me please and TIA

I don't think they have either and perhaps that is why. But I do think that the banks or even the state's attorney can press charges in that matter even if grandma does not. I know of a case in another state where the party defrauded did not press charges but the state went ahead with them anyway.

Pardon me for misleading you.

IF they lose the fraud and theft charges to gain a charge related to Caylee, where is the justice for Amy? Amy was stolen from. She had her account cleaned out and had her vacation money stolen. Let's do twenty seperate trials and get justice for every person or buisiness that was wronged.

How much confiscated drug money is there?

LALaw, I understand that these charges are separate. What I keep saying is it is possible they will tell her that they will continue with the fraud charges and insist on the heaviest sentence a judge will impose. If she agreed to tell them where Casey was and say it was an accident, the DA could agree to drop or not pursue the fraud charges.

What they would be saying is do 50 for fraud or 20 for manslaughter, take your pick. I use those numbers of years of sentence and the term manslaughter simply for example, as I do not know what a sentence for manslaughter would be in Florida or if that is even the appropriate charge if she killed Caylee accidentally.

I think LE and the DA's office would rather find Caylee than just leave this unresolved. It is a shame her mother does not feel the same.

Didn't Amy say she had been reimbursed already? I would bet that if Amy is involved in the charges at all, it is for reasons other than seeing justice for herself. Just a guess.

I don't think they have either and perhaps that is why. But I do think that the banks or even the state's attorney can press charges in that matter even if grandma does not. I know of a case in another state where the party defrauded did not press charges but the state went ahead with them anyway.

Pardon me for misleading you.

I was under the impression that Cindy had made restitution. Otherwise, I think GGMA may have lowered the boom. She seems like a sensible old bird.

It makes a difference at sentencing if a person is a repeat offender.

She did the crimes and should have to stand trial for them. IF convicted on those crimes, she will be an offender.

When she goes to court again, she is a repeat offender.

thing is 50 years if the sentences don't run concurrent; i.e. if they don't lump them all together as time served together. ugh can't think right now. they can be consecutive or concurrent. that determines how much time she will spend.

Concurrent sentences are those that run all at the same. Hope this helps

Are these charges going to be a bargaining chip?

Will they sit the perp down and explain that she can cop to an accident, tell where the body is and receive a LESSER sentence than the fraud charges amount to? Make a deal-- give us a body and we'll go for manslaughter or whatever with an agreed upon sentence or else we prosecute to the max on the fraud charges?

Yes,

They are a bargaining chip. Because LE can't charge her with murder.

No one ever goes to prison for 50 years for writing bad checks. Please.

The most "she might" do is like 3 months for this. We've already seen she can do 30+ -- 90+ will be like a vacation.

It wasn't bad checks, although she has probably done that before. It was stealing her friend's checks and forging signatures. That's entirely different and a lot more serious.

LE may think its a bargaining chip but I dont think KC will ever crack and tell the truth. I can see her continuing to blame other people, but she will never admit anything. Shes not a rational thinker, shes truly mentally ill and we cant underestimate what a mentally ill person will do. (not an excuse, just a nice way of saying shes NUTS and EVIL)

I don't think they are a bargaining chip at all. Amy H pressed charges..and Bank of A and Target also stated they were going to as well. IMO LE has no "control" so to speak about these charges. IMO they are apart and seperate from anything else ie. neglect and what is about to come for Ms. Thang.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back