982 users online (166 members and 816 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do You Really Think Casey Will Serve Time For Forgery?

From knowing someone that stole her parent's checkbook and forged a bunch of checks off of it, I'd say no. She'll most likely get probation and have to make restitution.

Quote Originally Posted by fixingtoburst View Post
    From knowing someone that stole her parent's checkbook and forged a bunch of checks off of it, I'd say no. She'll most likely get probation and have to make restitution.
    She'll get some time for sure

Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post
    She'll get some time for sure
    We can only HOPE she does!!!!

She'll get time added onto the other charges that should be coming down the pike soon.

She might serve some time, but I don't think she will get 5 years for each of the checks she forged.

KC will serve time on each and every charge they prove in court. Her thumbing her nose at LE and the "system" will not help her when any charge comes up. I'm not saying that they will use the charges as a substitute for what they would like to charge her with but I don't think she will be able to plead for mercy and thus face the full time the proven charges carry. She will not be placed in a special area like she has in the time she has already served in jail but with all of the others who are there for the same reason she is. No extra protection will be given to her. If I were KC I would be very afraid.

With her and her family continually shooting LE the "Double tall man salute", they are going to give her everything they can.

Green baloney, day old bread, and plenty of tossed salad

She most certainly will. I'm more interested in the check she used the routing numbers for and if she can be charged federally since it was done electronically.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

She is being charged on multiple charges including grand larceny, it's not that she wrote a bad check or two for some groceries.

They have her on video tape and all the business's are behind the DA.

She will do time. 5 years on each count? Probably not, but the only bars in her future are the ones that belong to the door of her cell.

They are not done charging her either. More is coming.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

Why are these charges felonies? The amounts seem low? Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they are, but was curious about the severity of the charges.

IMHO she 'll get time for the lessor charges but....it is only for the Law to buy time and find Caylee,
    so that they can add some REAL charges regarding Caylee later, some stolen checks will buy them time.
    Regardless to all the charges about stealing, she can get out on good behavior, much too soon.
    So I believe that time for the lessor charges only puts LE in more control, to finally get her cahrged for Caylee.
    AT least that is my hope.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Last night on NG they said she could get up to 50 years. I don't think it's the checks, fraud with CC's that they want her on. They do show that she is not trustworthy. Her case isn't simply the case of a person who took her friends checkbook once. She seems to have made a life off of fraud.
    I think she will be charged with murder before she can be charged with this fraud. This is LE letting out information to show what her lifestyle has been like, IMHO
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

I guess it depends on the judge presiding over the case how much time she actually gets. There are guidelines, and he/she can either give the max or any amount of time below that. I am thinking that MOST of the judges KNOW about this case, and they are going to review it with a fine tooth comb and when it comes down to the sentencing, she is going to serve as much time as is ALLOWED by LAW...

Quote Originally Posted by mkath59 View Post
    Why are these charges felonies? The amounts seem low? Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they are, but was curious about the severity of the charges.
    Because *I THINK* it's considered Grand Theft. There are also different degrees of grand theft I believe.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast