Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

I agree that we should give JB another chance to get it right...poor fella' I don't think he knew what he was in for!

I agree her hair looks nice when it is pulled back with a band out of her face where she does not have to constantly smack it out of her face...but the matronly bun look? No way Jose! It won't get the reaction you perhaps believed it would...It looks false, and fake, just another lie in a long line of lies being told by your client. Say something HONEST at least in her appearance for the love of mercy!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

FWIW, when I saw KC in court the other day.. I got the impression that they were going for a young look with her... hair down.. not much makeup.. etc.. The matronly bun look had totally opposite effect from what they had planned I believe.. it looked just what it was.. contrived. My bet is that they will attempt to make her look as close to a young girl next door as possible.. in an (useless) attempt to garner emotional sympathy from jury.

My impression is that Casey is letting her hair grow out so that she will more resemble what she looked like in her high school year book photo rather than the short hair bleached blonde and short brown hair that you see her in the party photos.

I wonder how CA will be able to get new clothes to fit Casey though? I would guess that Casey is about 10 pounds heavier now than her court appearance in January and so I think that it's going to be hard for her mom Cindy to put together a wardrobe for her because unless Casey can try them on beforehand it's really going to be a guess as to Casey's clothing size. I think some of the clothing will be too tight such as the top of the pants she wore in court the other day. Since Cindy hadn't seen her daughter in person since last year, she would have no idea of Casey's size I would think. I don't think Casey is a size 2 - 4 junior in clothing anymore. I think she's about a size 6 -8 junior size.

I'm sure that the attorneys are going to have Casey dressed presentably and conservatively to try and downplay the image of Casey as a party girl.

I wonder if the defense team has a jury consultant on board yet to do an image makeover of Casey? I've always thought that JB hasn't really done a very good job with that since only the last 2 court appearances Casey been in civilian clothes and not a prison jumpsuit.

I'm all for shackles and stripes.

KC seemed to have a very strained, nervous look about her which I'm sure can be explained by the presence of C and G. She was much more relaxed at her previous hearings. I was surprised that L didn't come to see his CMA. Maybe he didn't want to get all choked up and have to kiss his bracelet over and over again. KC's hair is way too long and unmanageable and her face is too long and narrow to wear such a style. She needs a serious haircut. Definately, a better look though than the "spinster aunt" get up that she wore for the last court appearance. No matter what she wears or how she fixes her hair it won't make one bit of difference - the girl's going down.

Wonder if the jail allows inmates to get haircuts for important court appearances? Bet they do as long as the inmate can pay for it. She'll probably get hers just prior to trial. I don't think the hair thing right now is intentional. With all these strangers putting money into her account, she could probably get Paul Mitchell himself to do her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I was surprised that L didn't come to see his CMA. Maybe he didn't want to get all choked up and have to kiss his bracelet over and over again. KC's hair is way too long and unmanageable and her face is too long and narrow to wear such a style. She needs a serious haircut. Definately, a better look though than the "spinster aunt" get up that she wore for the last court appearance. No matter what she wears or how she fixes her hair it won't make one bit of difference - the girl's going down.

Yep... KC and Lee are WAY overdue for a high-five too...

I agree about KC's hair... didn't look good. She looked generally sloppy in this court appearance. I may be the only sleuther who actually likes the matronly bun look though! She looked neat and pulled together.

Quote Originally Posted by shgrbkr View Post
    Wonder if the jail allows inmates to get haircuts for important court appearances? Bet they do as long as the inmate can pay for it. She'll probably get hers just prior to trial. I don't think the hair thing right now is intentional. With all these strangers putting money into her account, she could probably get Paul Mitchell himself to do her hair.

When she had the bun, I thought it looked professionally done. Someone must have come in and fixed her hair that day. I can't imagine she did that herself... it was perfectly smooth.

Personally, to me she looked better the way she was dressed this last hearing. On a more personal note, I don't know how she is even functioning at this point though? Knowing her daughter has been killed and such, you know, since she isn't responsible , the way I looked for court would be the last thing on my mind. I would be a pile of goo. But, I guess she has to keep herself together, like she said on her jailhouse video. She wants to cry but she has to much to think about!

"I got off of work, left Universal driving back to pick up Caylee like a normal day."

Really Casey?? A "NORMAL" day?

I don't think any of the clothing has been right for her, and I agree this last look was sloppy. Not something you want to do in court, but it wasn't in front of a jury or anything so IMO not as important as actual trial. For that, a good haircut and a dress will be the best look from the defense standpoint, I think.
    BTW, natsound, I liked the bun too. Much better than hair down.
    More significantly though is that she looked incredibly anxious and worried IMO. Very tight. As I said before, I wonder if the magnitude of what she has done is beginning to hit her....not so much that she killed Caylee, but that she killed her own freedom and she's gonna be in solitary confinement/protective custody all those months. Tough for a social butterfly like her. Poor thing.

If nothing else she needs to tuck her hair behind her ears and leave it alone!
    It's very distracting the way she always messes with it. She acts like it has to be straight down on both sides.
    Even a small barrette would look nice.

And I think that shade of blue looked harsh on her.
    She no longer has a tan so they need to buy her some pastels to soften her up a bit.
    Maybe a tiny bit of blush.

Maybe she should wear the "signature shamrock" green.
    (sarcasm here)
    Last edited by rookie; 03-05-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling

With the Caylee Marie Foundation money supporting George and Cindy, I'm sure they'll throw some cashola into KC account from there and get her all fixed up in a designer dress nice jewelry, etc....for trial of course. Seems like all women on trial for murder wear some kind of suit jacket/professional thing. I think KC would look better in a dress. The pants and shirt would have been completely wrong were she going in front of a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    I had the feeling that LKB had a hand in the hair, clothes decision for KC when she was in court wearing her hair in a bun. I think now that LKB is gone KC is back to wearing her hair the way she likes it, I don't see a couple of male attorney's insisting on a certain female hairstyle, it seems like something another female might do. I bet KC was glad LKB wasn't there for the last court appearance, I have no idea if she is permanently off the case, but I got the feeling KC didn't like the bun much...just my opinion.
    I agree LKB had a hand in the matron look. IF LKB is gone (?), perhaps her new PR person, (can't remember her name) will take over the appearance factor.
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

Is LKB gone? Off the case? (hopeful here)

how come you guys think Linda K Baden left? You know something I don't know?

okay...I read back a few posts. You think LKB might be gone because KC's look changed. I'm not so sure though. I think the defense is just trying out different looks for her. Remember when they tried the Sarah Palin look when they put glasses on Casey and Baez did his whole dog and pony show while KC tried to squeeze out a tear standing next to him? Instead, all she could do was look at her finger to see if she had any wetness or mascara on it. That look didn't work on her either. They can try to mask a murderer, but nothing is going to work in this case.
    Last edited by Gypsy Road; 03-05-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

The defense is really struggling to dress KC for court. I personally liked the hair the day it was pulled back out of her face but hanging long in back....almost gave her a (shudder) soft look. Suit/bun so wrong; blue shirt/slacks looked like going to a movie, not a courtroom. If she loses weight before her trial, she should borrow some of Melanie McGuire's little sweater sets.

Quote Originally Posted by spyhouston View Post
    The defense is really struggling to dress KC for court. I personally liked the hair the day it was pulled back out of her face but hanging long in back....almost gave her a (shudder) soft look. Suit/bun so wrong; blue shirt/slacks looked like going to a movie, not a courtroom. If she loses weight before her trial, she should borrow some of Melanie McGuire's little sweater sets.
    shhhhhhh! don't give the defense any ideas!

KenoshaKid is offline All the darkness in the world cannot put out a single candle
    Central Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post

I agree about KC's hair... didn't look good. She looked generally sloppy in this court appearance. I may be the only sleuther who actually likes the matronly bun look though! She looked neat and pulled together.
    I liked it, too. It looked polished. I think she could wear it pulled back in a more updated style with less matronly clothing and she would look clean cut and all-American. If she wears it down she really needs to do something to anchor it so she isn't constantly moving it out of her face. A little hair spray or something. (This is why I will never grow out my bangs - that hair in my face would drive me bonkers!!)

They were trying out the Andrea Yates look IMO.

I agree too. The matronly bun was at least pulled together and neat looking. Although it was a blatant attempt to clean up her image. At least it was better than the rolled off her jail cot and shuffled into court shackled look.

To me she looked fake and like a character out of a fiction saga...from pole dancer to the Rev's wife...it was OUT of character and WAY too old for her. She may have appeared neat but not pulled together. She looked thrown together at the last minute to me-clothing that did not fit and in a color which did not compliment her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spyhouston View Post
    Casey may have gained a bit of weight, but she is still a very thin young woman. She certainly is not overweight in any sense of the word. She could pull off any look that she wanted that is within her age range. The bun would not have been so bad if it had been lower on the nape of her neck but as it was it was ALL WRONG!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    how come you guys think Linda K Baden left? You know something I don't know?
    I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that LBK has actually left the team, just that she was not present for this particular hearing. JB is probably trying to keep travel expenses down to a minimum and not fly in members of his "dream team" unless absolutely necessary.

And you never know, they may be experimenting with different "looks" for KC during these hearings to see what image goes over best with the public. There is no lack of cybercomments regarding their little "marketing survey".

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    No matter what Kc wears I have a feeling we will never observe her comfortable in her attire or in her own skin!

Casey frequently rubs her palms together in court. I was curious so I checked what the body language indicated. Everything I find says that rubbing your palms or hands together indicates anticipation. Some even say it indicates anticipation of pleasure.

Just weird. How could she be anticipating her court appearances? She tried to avoid them. Is this chick so bass ackward wacked that even her body language is off kilter? If I hadn't read the sites that indicate palm rubbing is a sign of anticipation, my know-nothing but instinctual guess would have been she was subconsciously trying to "wash her hands" of this whole thing. i.e. "I wish this had never happened."

This is a photo of her leaving court, I think.

(If I linked this photo incorrectly, mods, delete it please)
    "Leave her to heaven and to those thorns that in her bosom lodge to prick and sting her."
    Hamlet by William Shakespeare

In context, the quote was meant to advise against revenge but in the Anthony case,
    I offer it to the parents as advice to "leave her to Heaven" and cease their ill-placed protection.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast