Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I have not read to the end so I hope I'm not repeating any posters here, but I think that the pictures of casey partying during the time Caylee was "missing" will make it to trial because they have direct bearing on her feelings as to the welfare of her child at that time, her knowledge as to the existence of Caylee, and her possible motivation for killing her (to be free) which seems to be circumstantial evidence of her guilt. I say those photos are more probabative than prejudicial. They come in.
    Absolutely.I dont see how anyone could claim Casey's behavior and conduct 'Have Nothing To Do' with the murder.
    They speak VOLUMES and are completely germaine to the issue of her guilt.
    There is no way in the world they can make a case for her 'innocence' and not open themselves up to those photos being introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I seriously think many people would do those things to her. Look, I find casey to be diabolical. I think she is devoid of compassion, she's soul-less, even evil. (Watching her rub her hands together did not immediately make me think she was anxious. Instead, it caused me to focus on those hands and feel horror at the thought of how she used them to destroy her darling baby). However, I would not be one of those who could hurt her. I could not hurt an ant!
    I want to see justice done for this child and I will admit that my anger over the senseless murder of such a sweet baby and my disgust towards her seemingly uncaring, selfish mother, has made me wish for casey to suffer for what she has done. But, I think the legal system is taking care of her just fine. I don't want to become rabid with hate and incapable of thinking rationally, or empathetically. I think it's dangerous and it does not help us to find out why people become evil, and thus, how to prevent it.
    I suppose there are always certain individuals and groups of individuals who get so drawn into something like this that they sort of go off the reservation, but what amazes me most is that we are aware of such more heinous crimes than this appears to be ... yet there is this strange need in people to absolutely go down with this one case.

Casey's appearance and body language are what they are and no matter what they are - ridicule and judgement will be abundant. Unceasing. Some have so interjected into this whole thing that it is dangerous on many levels.
    Last edited by radio; 02-01-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: typo

I was watching that video and surprisingly I felt a certain amount of compassion...not that would in any way mitigate what im certain she did or the fact that she needs to face justice,the majority of my sympathy and concern will always be with Caylee but..
    I dont know Casey is such a pathetic creature in some ways all of her coping mechanisms and devices she has used to navigate through her sociopathic half-life are all so thread bare and transparent and she is so out of her depth and boy does it show.
    The girl is sick and I dont mean mental illness,sick in the soul or something.
    I dont know what I mean it just made me feel bad.
    I didnt feel any anger just sadness.

I didn't watch the video, but have looked at several photo slide shows. Casey looks horrible. Her hair is a big mess. She already has the look of prison women who continue to try to fix their hair and end up looking like someone totally out of date and out of style just working with rubber bands or whatever they are allowed. Casey has tons of moles on her face and neck that are very visible without her makeup in the close-up pics. The free women in the room didn't bother with their hair either. Either it's the lighting or they all are in bad need of a good blonde toner and a hairbrush, so Casey's hair actually looked better than their hair. Casey's facial expressions seem like they always have though. Glassy eyed and off in another world looks, smiling charmingly at the male attorney, and barely smiling to the female attorney. She's still working people and giving each the response they might expect, but she looks mean and angry underneath it all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by costalpilot View Post
    Look, I know its way incorrect here to admit that you think she's "hot", and I never have. In fact, shes not so "hot" nowadays. she looked unattractive all dressed up, librarian-like, at her latest appearance,

but she was damn "hot" when she was being herself, back in the good ole days when she was the only one who knew her daughter was dead, when she was freed from that "snotty nosed" shackle, when she was dirty dancing with other young libertines all night long.

until you understood what she was, a daughter-murdering psychopath. then her appeal was overwhelmed by her actions.

but visually, she WAS hot. However, the men who felt it weren't likely to be admitting it in this forum, considering everything.

I will say, she is not so "hot" anymore. the thing is, I'll bet this is the first time in her adult life she's tried to obscure her "hotness". shes doing a pretty good job.

imo.
    You know, I think this is the first time I have read a male's perspective on her appearance and demeanor. Very interesting. This girl did manage to attract many men. I would love to here what the men on this forum think about this and how it led to the horrible finality.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...age_means.html

Same expert in post #25 but written out explanation by the writer, for those who cannot watch the video.
    Dr. Bob Kelso: "Nothing in this world worth having comes easy"

I thought she TRIED to behave appropriately but she missed the mark for me. I saw her attempting to stiffle smiles, trying to look serious. But I also saw that underneath that blazer that didn't quite fit, she was bored and angry at be made to come to court, and I also saw sadness, for herself. The one moment when she couldn't control herself was the pen drama with JB, that was the real KC to me.

What fancinated me more was the body language of the pro. atty JD. I love her. I was watching her and she had her chair back to KC many times. I thought this cannot be without thought, this has to be a tactic. To make KC feel......IDK, maybe to make her feel like she can't even stand to look at her because of what she did. That was my impression anyway. Did anyone else catch that?
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    Well, that would explain why she was dressed so frumpy then.

Honestly though, the blazer was ill fitting-- it was a bit too small, plus she wasn't wearing a proper bra underneath. She appeared to be miserable, probably because she realized how horrid she looked. Ruined her whole day.
    I think you're right to some extent... however... having to appear in court in her "jailhouse blues" would have been altogether worse!! You see, in that outfit it crushes her "image" of what she sees of herself, because she "stands out" and "is different" than everyone else (in the courtroom, on TV and most of all with JB). The jailhouse outfit makes her "different" and doesn't coincide with her "image." It makes her "less than" what her image is of herself in her mind. And she cannot take that. She has to be equal to or ABOVE others.

I think she felt a little better today... at least her image was somewhat "restored" (in her mind - that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    I think Mr. Baez may need a jury consultant though and someone to help with her image.
    Personally, I think Mr. Baez needs to tell his client to stop flirting with him during testimony regarding her child's remains. It's inappropriate, not to mention very damning.

Quote Originally Posted by debbie0604 View Post
    Personally, I think Mr. Baez needs to tell his client to stop flirting with him during testimony regarding her child's remains. It's inappropriate, not to mention very damning.
    My observations are certainly not 'clinical', but I know one thing for an absolute certainty: If the remains of my small daughter had been found in a swamp and my father was hospitalized for mental illness/stress, not a single smile could possibly grace my face for ANY reason........... Casey had no problem flashing her pretty smile, and I saw it as diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by radio View Post
    I suppose there are always certain individuals and groups of individuals who get so drawn into something like this that they sort of go off the reservation, but what amazes me most is that we are aware of such more heinous crimes than this appears to be ... yet there is this strange need in people to absolutely go down with this one case.

Casey's appearance and body language are what they are and no matter what they are - ridicule and judgement will be abundant. Unceasing. Some have so interjected into this whole thing that it is dangerous on many levels.
    (Bolded by me).

You know why I think that is? I'll probably get skewered here, but it's just my feeling. I think that some of the other cases are too horrific to talk or think about much. Like Baby Grace. What that kid went through was so horrible it is hard for me to follow the case. This case is safer to talk about and get involved in because although it is horrible, we do not have to hear gruesome details of a child suffering endlessly. We imagine, but I get the sense that many here feel Caylee died a "soft" death, if any murder can be deemed that. In other words, she was not beaten to death, tortured to death, or died as a result of sustained, brutal physcial or sexual child abuse.
    I follow many crime cases on WS and elsewhere. One case, the dungeon incest story out of Austria, was so horrifying to me that I almost panicked. I just could not fathom the intensity, the length of the suffering of those held and tortured by fritzl. That case was one that gave me such a sick, sick feeling that I had to stay away from it.
    Obviously, this case is horrifc as well and there have been many times that suddenly, my clinical approach to this case has been punctured by the realization that little Caylee was a darling, living, breathing baby and that nothing anyone can do anything to bring her back. I think of the utter waste of such a life and that is hard. It baffles me, it fills me with sorrow. Nevertheless, I can read about this case more easily than more brutal ones. Does that make sense a little?
    I also think that there is a circle created that makes this case very interesting to many people and that makes people out for blood: casey's reactions and attitudes, her apathy, apparent arrogance and utter contempt for life and love, family and the vulnerability of children - all of that inspires revulsion and fascination by the public and the media. So, the media covers it intensively. Then, the media coverage itself inspires fascination and revulsion. So it goes.
    What is hard to understand for many is that here was a fairly attractive, middle class girl living in one of the nicest places to live in the U.S., with tons of friends, a family that supported her financially and otherwise, lots of opportunity and a precious, adorable child. And, she destroyed all of that for what seems to be no reason at all.
    Contrast that with the story of Baby Grace's mother who was still in high school when she got pregnant, was unattractive and nerdy, did not have many friends, seemed to have been abandoned by her own family, was of lower income status, and who then went on to do what so many women in such a situation do - find a man, any man and then out of desparation to keep him, allow him to harm your child (and participate as well).
    We have seen that story played out over and over. Although disgusting and barbaric, it is not surprising. For many, the story of casey and Caylee is very surprising. casey really had it all. Few of the risk factors for infanticide that are generally known were present and even those that were present seemed to be mitigated greatly by other things present in casey's life (at least until you dig a bit deeper). Anyhow, that causes the case to be a bit more mysterious and incomprehensible to people and hence, to engender more rage at the actions of a person whose life was charmed in comparison to many others'.
    That's my take on why so many people get so outraged by this case while other cases are somewhat ignored, even when much more horrific.
    But, in the end, every murder of a child and very case of child abuse should be viewed as equally intolerable to society.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Ok I found you.

Ok Question - Are you a spy ! ? (eta that is a joke)

In regards to Casey I never thought her hair was a fake - You can see clearly that its in a ponytail but given the shortness of her hair its curled itself under
    I would be surprised if she was allowed pins ?
    She could stab someone in the eye or undo her shackles

Here are some pics

This one shows the *bun* which is not a bun

This one shows her hair which I think either A) looks like its greasy on top ? or B) a tonne of hairspray

There is another photo of her smiling where it looks even more greasy or Lacquered. (not sure why she did that)

And this shows the nervousness/anxiousness HAnd movements

She looks like she is trying to be brave and strong but is not
    Jane, in the last picture, where she is touching her palm. My wild guess at what she was doing was she had sweaty palms. Kind of drying them off without wiping them on her pants legs. That was just my wild guess.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Jane, in the last picture, where she is touching her palm. My wild guess at what she was doing was she had sweaty palms. Kind of drying them off without wiping them on her pants legs. That was just my wild guess.
    Hey Kat what she is doing is Rubbing her hands together and that is just a photo snap. If you look at the vid you will see her doing it
    this is also what the Body Language expert pertained to saying that her constant rubbing of her hands together showed anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Hey Kat what she is doing is Rubbing her hands together and that is just a photo snap. If you look at the vid you will see her doing it
    this is also what the Body Language expert pertained to saying that her constant rubbing of her hands together showed anxiety.
    Anxiety makes sense to me Jane. I appreciate you sharing that with me
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Looking at these pictures it is clear to me that Casey is an empty vessel. She has no one to feed off of. There is nothing to gain from going to these hearings. She might as well stay in her "room" and listen to her little radio, doodle on her sketch pad or read. Certainly it would be less stressful than trying to figure out how to hide her indifference.

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast