Was Casey ever known to HAVE any emotions?

Susanlee

Reaction score
After listening to the 2 tapes, which show no emotion at all, was just wondering how she was before this all started. Before June 9th, etc., has there been any talk from her friends that this was/is not her "normal" personality? I.e., my husband died 2 years ago and I was down/different (normal emotions). As time went on, I felt better.

Was there some incident, whatever, that anyone can come up with to explain her actions/inactions/personality? There was a fight with CA (I think) on the 15th of June? Many feel she was trying to get back at CA by withholding Caylee from her. Another is she just wanted to be free of Caylee so she could enjoy the single life. Just trying to figure out when she "snapped". Then again, this could just be Casey. Errrrr.

Guess I am just looking for theories on why/when/what date...incident...turned her into the cold person she seems to be in the tapes just released. Oh, and I am new. If I have this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

I've never heard about her acting any differently. I don't think this is about snapping. I think there is something seriously missing in this girls head.

After listening to the 2 tapes, which show no emotion at all, was just wondering how she was before this all started. Before June 9th, etc., has there been any talk from her friends that this was/is not her "normal" personality? I.e., my husband died 2 years ago and I was down/different (normal emotions). As time went on, I felt better.

Was there some incident, whatever, that anyone can come up with to explain her actions/inactions/personality? There was a fight with CA (I think) on the 15th of June? Many feel she was trying to get back at CA by withholding Caylee from her. Another is she just wanted to be free of Caylee so she could enjoy the single life. Just trying to figure out when she "snapped". Then again, this could just be Casey. Errrrr.

Guess I am just looking for theories on why/when/what date...incident...turned her into the cold person she seems to be in the tapes just released. Oh, and I am new. If I have this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Disassociation?

I bet she was very "emotional" with her boyfriends actually.

That's EXACTLY what I came to this thread to say. She was seriously seeking love and attention and seemed to put a lot into those relationships according to how Tony said she was with him.

I believe she is souless and is incapable of having real emotion.

What happened to Casey to say she 'HATED" her dad??? And is so sexual??? abused by him? Needs a man and will do anything to get one! How many boyfriends has she had in the last few months? IMO Casey has 'something to blackmail' her parents for money, computer, cell phone etc............and they give her the world.....and more.......ask WHY???

CAN YOU SAY Narcissist? MUCH MORE AT LINK BUT THESE CERTAINLY SEEM TO APPLY!

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/personality_disorders/narcissism/narcissism_defined.html

What is Narcissism?
A pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

• Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)

• Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply)

• Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations

• Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends

• Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others

She cries during the interviews that were just released. I just got to that part. Shocked me! Admits that her mother was right when Cindy said she was an irresponsible mother.

Besides the obvious un-emotion I think her many boyfriends says a lot..she seems to be seeking male approval in some obvious ways.

I know it's possible since there is so much child molestation in families, but I don't think that is necessarily what's wrong with Casey. I think her having boyfriends is pretty normal, but not the way she latched on to them trying to move in right away and stay with them from the start. It could be that she was looking to use them to stay with. Ricardo said that she was overly jealous and Tony said that she got upset too easily over simple teasing. Definitely not normal and very controlling. I'd like to know how she acted in school when she was cheerleader and honor roll, if that is even true.

After listening to the 2 tapes, which show no emotion at all, was just wondering how she was before this all started. Before June 9th, etc., has there been any talk from her friends that this was/is not her "normal" personality?

Well - George did tell the police that she was not her usual self and that she normally had a more animated personality (paraphrased.)

I bet she was very "emotional" with her boyfriends actually.
I bet she was, too - trying to ingratiate herself to them and manipulate their favor.

So, I wonder why she hasn't tried to manipulate LE and everyone else since her arrest with tearful pleas and anquished cries for help, in the same style as SusanSm and others. It seems she would at least try to act like a normal mother who has lost her child, even as emotionless as she seems to be.

Perhaps, like y'all said, she's so use to her unsophisticated lies working so easily on her parents, that she's not use to having to keep up a facade for very long. Maybe she actually realized the severity of her situation and figured it was best to take control of the situation by just shutting down.

I don't know, but her pathology is amazing.

CAN YOU SAY Narcissist? MUCH MORE AT LINK BUT THESE CERTAINLY SEEM TO APPLY!

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/personality_disorders/narcissism/narcissism_defined.html

What is Narcissism?
A pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

• Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)

• Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply)

• Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations

• Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends

• Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others

Completely...my mother is the same way. Actually, my grandmother has been watching the NG coverage of this case and she said "That KC, she reminds me of your mother." and I agreed.

They can be very dangerous folks.

Casey is not capable of having emotions, sociopaths "Act as If" they do not know what real emotions feel like, so they imatate how others act.
To some of the people around her she very well could have acted like she had emotions. Most sociopaths are very charming very friendly if they are smart (Which Casey is not) they can really get away with it in the outside world, Not all sociopaths are murderers, the smart ones are very charasmatic and manipulative and if they lie it is hard to catch them.
The not so smart ones like Casey get caught in their lies and believe it or not the Jails are full of sociopaths. She is detached from other people, they are just dispensible to her, she will use them to get what she wants. I do not believe for a second that Cindy A does not know her child has dissociative personality disorder. I have known a sociopath in my life, if they are in your life, as a family member there is just no way you would not know.

Very good post, TisHerself. Describes the one in my life well.

Susan

In my own experience, it seems that the ladies who are the most seductive, overly complimentary, and clingy in a relationship are often the ones who have some type of 'daddy problem' in their upbringing - either he wasn't there for her (no male role model) or he was angry and controlling, even abusive.

I think Case has more of a 'mommie problem.' She acts very loving to Dad - at least superficially now, and we have seen how she interacts with her mom in private.

Case has had her way in that family. The main guideline seems to have been 'Case should have what she wants and should not have what she doesn't want.' People raised like this have little chance to internalize any system of values. Amazingly, people raised in such a permissive environment tend to have low self-esteem, rather than an exaggerated sense of personal esteem. They don't have a sense of where they fit-into the family, since there are no clear expectations or limitations placed on them.

I think that Case had an upbringing that made it very difficult for her to internalize values, emotions, empathy, and goal-related behavior. Any emotion she might have experienced had no value other than the extent to which it could get her what she wanted. Hyper-permissive childrearing does great damage to a young psyche in that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back