775 users online (110 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Would you take the polygraph?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would take it without hesitation! Show me the chair, and find the child!

268 86.73%
  • I would take it,but think they may frame me!

12 3.88%
  • I would only take it, If I could get my own tester.

16 5.18%
  • I would never take one. The FBI only makes up the results they want.

13 4.21%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Polygraph Poll

This question is not about Casey, but about Cindy, George, and Lee.

If your grandchild, or niece had been missing awhile and the FBI came to you requesting a lie detector to rule you out so that they could move on to other things, would you do it?

I would have voted for if the 2nd sentence wasn't there.

I vote: I would never take one, for any reason.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiebear View Post

If your grandchild, or niece had been missing awhile and the FBI came to you requesting a lie detector to rule you out so that they could move on to other things, would you do it?
    Depends on whether I was involved or not..........................

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I would not take it. Contrary to reality television quizzes, tests results are not consistently true. Especially in situations that are already stressful.

Of course, I think that the question might not have raised if the FBI and other LE had no doubts about the Anthony's complete cooperation.

I voted I would take one no problem! Nobody ever said we had to share it.
    Anything and everything I type, is all just my opinion.

I personally would never subject myself to a polygraph under any circumstances

this is an odd answer for me I would take one ONLY if it involved my child, I have taken one and failed in the past (20 some years ago) and I was telling the truth, BUT if my child was missing I WOULD DO ANYTHING to find her/him EVEN if it meant doing something outside my comfort zone,
    Last edited by ShouldBWorking; 09-12-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

I would only take one given by lawyer and protected by lawyer client privledge. I don't know any lawyer that would advise taking one given by LE, let alone the FBI.

There was a show on TV where people answered questions that they had been given a lie detector on. There were some very personal admissions (something you would normally lie about) and they admitted to and boom they got zinged, the lie detector said they lied.

I've never taken one but if it involved my child, I'd take one in a heartbeat!

I sometimes have anxiety attacks when under stress and I would be concerned about how that might affect the polygraph. Even though I knew I was innocent and had nothing whatsoever to do with the crime, I would be frightened. Since I've never taken a polygraph before, I would take one privately first - just to be sure that when I told the truth it registers as the truth and also so if I was asked something confusing in the FBI polygraph I would know what to say to the examiner - how to get them to clarify the question or whatever.

When the school (a teacher) lost my son, I demanded they call the police. I would have taken one in a split second...and I was stressed to the max over the situation.

ETA: I'm positive our other family members would have taken one too.
    Hey, Casey...

If it involved my child or my grand child... I would take it, anything that would put the focus on my missing loved one. Though I can say without a doubt I would not have to worry because I would never do anything to harm another human or dog or cat, but maybe a mouse.

I don't know if I'd take one or not.
    In the past, I'd say yes without hesitation.
    Before WS and before I read the posts today about them not being accurate, I guess I'd research it a bit and consult with my attorney before making a decision like that.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Quote Originally Posted by boogiebear View Post

Precisely. If Padilla is correct, and there are several things now that only he has said (the other being that the story changed to Blanchard park and Zanny was with her sister and children when Caylee was grabbed and the script nonsense), the family and mainly Lee are knee deep.

Now, as far as the new script Padilla talks about, the only script I see is the collusion on saying the last date she was seen and the date she was taken being the 9th. That script beginning was routed out because of a camera.

I would take one but worry they might try to frame me if they didn't have any other suspects. I think LE asks people to take one just to see their response and reasons for not wanting one in their process to rule out suspects. If I had a child missing I'd be willing to do anything and definitely wouldn't turn anger towards LE or anyone trying to help.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast