1004 users online (162 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I just think that if my child was missing writing in a diary would be the last thing on my mind! Ok some people find writing cathartic & it can be but when one's head is all messed up with trauma, an organised diary is imo not possible!
    Kate's diary is just way too contrived, she writes the way I would write if I wanted to convey something to the reader not if I was writing for me from my heart!

Two things jumped out at me upon reading the diary excerpts again: Kate complaining that no one "introduced themselves" or "offered us food or a drink" at the police station. Do British police regularly offer tea or food or introductions all around? It seems so odd to me, but I'm allowing for cultural differences here perhaps?

The other thing she complains about is the statement that the crime scene was contaminated by the McCanns and their friends, and how angry that made her, how could anyone imply that they put their child in danger by their acts.

It is as if she just doesn't get it about leaving the children alone, not then, not ever. How can anyone question their parenting or their acts? It's appalling to her, it's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Two things jumped out at me upon reading the diary excerpts again: Kate complaining that no one "introduced themselves" or "offered us food or a drink" at the police station. Do British police regularly offer tea or food or introductions all around? It seems so odd to me, but I'm allowing for cultural differences here perhaps?

The other thing she complains about is the statement that the crime scene was contaminated by the McCanns and their friends, and how angry that made her, how could anyone imply that they put their child in danger by their acts.

It is as if she just doesn't get it about leaving the children alone, not then, not ever. How can anyone question their parenting or their acts? It's appalling to her, it's infuriating.
    Poor Kate, noone offered her food or drink! Most parents looking for a lost child would be so upset that food & drink would be the last things on their minds. Heard a mother speak, her teenage daughter went missing for ten days, she only had sips of water to keep her going while she searched the streets daily! So like Kate, NOT!

Oh how anyone could imply that leaving a 3 year old in charge of two, two year olds is wrong, I will never know! The poor McCanns they really are the victims not poor little Madeleine!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Poor Kate, noone offered her food or drink! Most parents looking for a lost child would be so upset that food & drink would be the last things on their minds. Heard a mother speak, her teenage daughter went missing for ten days, she only had sips of water to keep her going while she searched the streets daily! So like Kate, NOT!

Oh how anyone could imply that leaving a 3 year old in charge of two, two year olds is wrong, I will never know! The poor McCanns they really are the victims not poor little Madeleine!
    I think the amazing thing wasn't that she was angry specifically at the contamination of the crime scene charge. She wrote that she was furious at the idea that she and Gerry could do ANYTHING that would put their child in danger.

As far as the food or drink goes, I just know if I needed something to drink like coffee or a soda or water, I guess I'd just ask. I wouldn't expect them to offer it to me, I'd ask if there was somewhere I could get some, or I'd call someone to bring me something, etc. It just seemed like an expectation of a certain kind of treatment that was not realistic or appropriate under the circumstances.

Also, if you look at the writing closely, there's nothing there that is in any sense revealing or personal. There just isn't anything that comes across as natural or not scripted. So one of two possibilities exists:

1) Kate is a very controlled, self-disciplined person, to the extent that writing this was like writing a doctor's report for her. Very factual, she makes an effort to write about Madeleine in an emotional way, but that's the only real hint of emotion. So it could be that Kate is just naturally this way, but that argues also for being self-controlled and self-disciplined enough to pull off hiding an accidental death.

2) Kate is writing all along only intending this as something to be published and released--a very self-conscious kind of memoir. It's not a real diary or journal for her feelings or releasing stress, it's meant from the beginning as something to be publicly released. A rather calculating publicity act, in that sense, but no different than other acts from the McCanns.

I think the amazing thing wasn't that she was angry specifically at the contamination of the crime scene charge. She wrote that she was furious at the idea that she and Gerry could do ANYTHING that would put their child in danger.

As far as the food or drink goes, I just know if I needed something to drink like coffee or a soda or water, I guess I'd just ask. I wouldn't expect them to offer it to me, I'd ask if there was somewhere I could get some, or I'd call someone to bring me something, etc. It just seemed like an expectation of a certain kind of treatment that was not realistic or appropriate under the circumstances.

Also, if you look at the writing closely, there's nothing there that is in any sense revealing or personal. There just isn't anything that comes across as natural or not scripted. So one of two possibilities exists:

1) Kate is a very controlled, self-disciplined person, to the extent that writing this was like writing a doctor's report for her. Very factual, she makes an effort to write about Madeleine in an emotional way, but that's the only real hint of emotion. So it could be that Kate is just naturally this way, but that argues also for being self-controlled and self-disciplined enough to pull off hiding an accidental death.

2) Kate is writing all along only intending this as something to be published and released--a very self-conscious kind of memoir. It's not a real diary or journal for her feelings or releasing stress, it's meant from the beginning as something to be publicly released. A rather calculating publicity act, in that sense, but no different than other acts from the McCanns.
    I go with #2 Texana but also agree with this in #1 "Kate is just naturally this way, but that argues also for being self-controlled and self-disciplined enough to pull off hiding an accidental death."

As for any real emotion have you honestly seen any of that?

I go with #2 Texana but also agree with this in #1 "Kate is just naturally this way, but that argues also for being self-controlled and self-disciplined enough to pull off hiding an accidental death."

As for any real emotion have you honestly seen any of that?
    Nope, not really. She's been consistently one way in every single public appearance and that's been backed up by the diary itself, oddly enough--that the public appearances were scripted and manipulated affairs.

Well, I take that back. The comments about missing Madeleine, could be very true emotions. I don't think those comments were faked, but I think that every single thing she wrote could have been said about an accidental death.

However, you contrast that emotion to the lack of emotion or any real sense of being open or natural in everything else written--it's a weird contrast.

It's like a floodgate about Madeleine but everything else is completely controlled and orderly.

And that sense of being relaxed with the twins--I think that's because everytime they are with the twins, going on with life--it reinforces for them that they made the right decision. All of the "for the twins" justifies what they had to do about Madeleine.

Nope, not really. She's been consistently one way in every single public appearance and that's been backed up by the diary itself, oddly enough--that the public appearances were scripted and manipulated affairs.

Well, I take that back. The comments about missing Madeleine, could be very true emotions. I don't think those comments were faked, but I think that every single thing she wrote could have been said about an accidental death.

However, you contrast that emotion to the lack of emotion or any real sense of being open or natural in everything else written--it's a weird contrast.

It's like a floodgate about Madeleine but everything else is completely controlled and orderly.

And that sense of being relaxed with the twins--I think that's because everytime they are with the twins, going on with life--it reinforces for them that they made the right decision. All of the "for the twins" justifies what they had to do about Madeleine.
    Sadly Texana, I do think those comments (& the "floodgate") were faked for public consumption! Any mother who could not send a direct message to her missing daughter when asked on television to do so, in my book has no genuine feelings for that child. Remember her reply? - "She knows we love her" Any genuinely grieving parent would have sent a heartfelt message at that point!
    I don't even want to think what I would say in that situation as it even makes me shudder to think that I would ever be in it but I can tell you that it would be a heart rending message to my child accompanied by floods of uncontrollable tears & not a virtual under the breath, like pulling teeth, grunt!

I tend to think that Madeleine was somewhat of an inconvenience in their lives!

Sadly Texana, I do think those comments (& the "floodgate") were faked for public consumption! Any mother who could not send a direct message to her missing daughter when asked on television to do so, in my book has no genuine feelings for that child. Remember her reply? - "She knows we love her" Any genuinely grieving parent would have sent a heartfelt message at that point!
    I don't even want to think what I would say in that situation as it even makes me shudder to think that I would ever be in it but I can tell you that it would be a heart rending message to my child accompanied by floods of uncontrollable tears & not a virtual under the breath, like pulling teeth, grunt!

I tend to think that Madeleine was somewhat of an inconvenience in their lives!
    I hear you. That is a big point for me, too, the huge contrast between the words she wrote and what she said publicly.

I've always thought that "She knows we love her" comment was the proof that Madeleine was no longer living. She could not bring herself to actively lie and talk to Madeleine (especially believing as a Catholic that prayers could still aid Maddie) as if she was living, so she went with the only truthful comment she could make.

I think you are actually right as well, about the inconvenience. The McCanns struggled with the reality of children but weren't willing to either go with bringing along a nanny or going on holiday without children--they wanted that "family first" appearance but they didn't really want to have that kind of holiday. They feel very, very justified in how they vacationed and would be horrified to be presented with the fact that they wanted exactly the same lifestyle that upper-class British people had decades ago--one where the children interacted not that much with their parents. The McCanns did a bit more than that previous generation, but overall, they had much the same attitude.

I think that some of the emotion about missing Madeleine was genuine, but that doesn't excuse Kate in any way. If Madeleine truly was a more difficult baby and toddler, then a lot of guilt is wrapped up in those comments about how much she's missed.

I've got a couple of relatives who are more along the lines of the McCanns (although thankfully not that bad) in terms of parenting skills. They do love their children.

They're just not capable of THAT much love for their children, or sacrificing for them. It's just not in them. In that sense, yes, there's some genuine emotion from Kate about Madeleine. But at the same time, there's such a sense of Me-Kate, and I'm a Great Parent--that compared to most people it looks slim and none.

Latest News on diary

From the Daily Mirror-Tabloid Rag

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-20743545/

So it looks like they are going to be getting more money

Do they have to give permission for publishing anything from the PJ files I wonder. In fact I rather believe they wanted this dross published and this is just a way of keeping in the headlines.

Ever the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Ever the victim.
    Cali, you said it perfectly. It always comes back to that.

I was just looking over the excerpts again, and another one that struck me was when Kate was talking about how much she (Kate) was suffering and how she hoped Madeleine wasn't suffering as much.

Wouldn't you think that no matter what Madeleine would be suffering more? At least Kate had the rest of her family and her home to return to--but not Maddie! She's totally removed from everything and everyone, if she has indeed been abducted! How on earth could she be suffering LESS than Kate? What a ridiculous Kate-centered assumption again.

Cali, you said it perfectly. It always comes back to that.

I was just looking over the excerpts again, and another one that struck me was when Kate was talking about how much she (Kate) was suffering and how she hoped Madeleine wasn't suffering as much.

Wouldn't you think that no matter what Madeleine would be suffering more? At least Kate had the rest of her family and her home to return to--but not Maddie! She's totally removed from everything and everyone, if she has indeed been abducted! How on earth could she be suffering LESS than Kate? What a ridiculous Kate-centered assumption again.
    That was one of the most selfish comments I have ever heard. They think that a 3 year old could be with paedophiles & Kate questions her degree of suffering?

That was one of the most selfish comments I have ever heard. They think that a 3 year old could be with paedophiles & Kate questions her degree of suffering?
    It's right up there with "She knows we love her."

From the diary: "Following on we answered about four questions. I almost responded to the first one asking how we were, but I didn’t. I did answer a question on our possible return home. I replied that obviously I didn’t even think about that. Anyway, it seemed to have gone well. After breakfast and our having left S and A, (twins Sean and Amelie, then aged two) we went to church to pray in silence. Very good, calming."

Doesn't this passage about answering questions make you feel like G&K were lying and they did a good job of it, in K's mind? "I almost responded" and then "obviously I didn't even think about that". Then after eating and leaving S and A, they went to church to pray and it was "very good, calming" What does this mean "very good"? Who would say that? Calming I understand, peaceful I understand, quiet, I understand, but "very good" I don't get?

We think she is a very controlled person based on diary entries and that may be so, but her control is being tested in the writing of this diary. She needs to record for others to see so she must be careful. I think she gives herself away by her choice of words. Very good versus peaceful, quieting, etc. The smugness that comes across in the "obviously" and "almost" above. Her indignation over someone thinking that she and G could do something to harm the children without acknowledgment of leaving them alone. I don't care who Kate is, if what she and Gerry say is true about Maddie being abducted, this diary would be littered with self-accuastions and crys of guilt for leaving those children alone. Even if they didn't admit it publically, K would have written it here!

Maybe that is why these excerpts do not ring true. Not one word about the actions that K&G took that led to the situation they found themselves in. I hate to be harsh, but this just confirms my belief that they harmed Maddie and then hid her.

Salem

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast