Identified! IL - Rockford, Female body found in woods, Sept'08 - Stacey Dominguez

I am still crazy about the Stacy Peterson case, is this anywhere near where she lived?

Bolingbrook is not too far from Rockford actually...

wow, I am mildly excited that they might get him, that would be so great

It would be great and yet very sad if it were her. We all "know" she is dead but to have it confirmed is always devastating.

I have been watching for an update on this post... sure hope we hear something on news or NG tomorrow. That case really tore at my heart strings too. He is a slick one....

I am waiting too! It would be great to have a resolution to something! I am thankful for the solving of the Maricopa Jane Doe file but there are still so many others out there!

I agree and I see you are in FL, you must get a lot of coverage on Caylee... I only get it on NG, Greta or Geraldo except for rarely.......

Actually, I get very little coverage because we are in the panhandle. I get my news from online, Greta or Nancy Grace too. i wish they would cover my locally but I guess they figure she is 5 hours away so why bother? Sad really. I still have yet to see any missing persons signs for her. :(

I am surprised this thread has not gotten more posts honestly. I know a lot of people were looking for Stacy at one point.

this could be very interesting...
i do hate to say, yes, i also beleive that she is not on this earth anymore.
if this could possibly be her, pray for his hair folicle or some other dna to be present......from her killer (who we know the identy of)
bluestarzz

Well fellow sleuthers in IL, please keep us informed if you hear more...

Checking in :) Just haven't posted. I follow a lot of cases but don't post much. I would love for it to be Stacey since we know she is no longer with us as opposed to a new victim to add to the senseless pile. :mad:

Checking in :) Just haven't posted. I follow a lot of cases but don't post much. I would love for it to be Stacey since we know she is no longer with us as opposed to a new victim to add to the senseless pile. :mad:

Same here!!!!

Police have arrested and charged the boyfriend of a woman whose body was found in the woods over the weekend.

Dennis Van Hauen, 52, is charged with first degree murder.

The body of Stacey Dominguez, 32, was found Saturday by a man walking his dog in the 2900 block of 24th Street.

http://www.wrex.com/global/story.asp?s=9005516

Well it was a Stacy and I am glad that another family has found closure and hopefully justice will be served. Maybe the next time it will be Stacy Peterson.

I was just coming to post an update. I am sad another family has lost a loved one but glad it was easily solved for the PD.

Hi All

I live in Rockford IL and grew up with Stacey and it looks like you guys have all the same information we have on the case. Her boyfriend has been charged with her murder. Here is a link to our local paper....................

http://www.rrstar.com/news/publicsa...n-found-dead-apparently-a-victim-of-foul-play

And for those of you who dont like to click on outside links here is the story along with comments on the story from some random local people.

ROCKFORD — John Jenkins wasn’t just taking his dog for a walk Saturday morning when he came upon the dead body of his neighbor, 32-year-old Stacey Dominguez.

The 59-year-old Rockford man said he was looking for her.

“My girlfriend was saying she thought Stacey’s body might be there,” Jenkins said. “She kept saying she was going to go looking for her. I didn’t want her to do that. If she was there, I didn’t want her to find her. I was in Vietnam. For me, I’d seen that kind of thing before.”

So Jenkins called a friend who had a farm and dog who had a reputation “for sniffing things out.” He asked to borrow the dog, and on Saturday morning about 10 a.m., he walked to the end of Reed Avenue and ventured into the overgrown brush, tall weeds, and rock and dirt terrain about a block from his apartment.

Just like his girlfriend thought, the dog found Dominguez’s decomposed body. Jenkins called 911.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back