Attorney for Caylee?

EastSideOfSaddness

Former Member
Reaction score
I wish that some high profile attorney would step up and be Caylee's attorney. Is this even possible? I mean let's say Gloria Allred wanted to step in, can anyone stop her?

doesn't court have to appoint attorney ad liedem or something of that nature, I am by no means informed

I am not sure if an attorney can step in or not? I know we have Guardian ad Litems here (I am studying to be one right now) but as far as an actual lawyer I am clueless...great question though!

I wish that some high profile attorney would step up and be Caylee's attorney. Is this even possible? I mean let's say Gloria Allred wanted to step in, can anyone stop her?
Gloria only practices in California.

doesn't court have to appoint attorney ad liedem or something of that nature, I am by no means informed
Children get Guardians Ad Liteum (sic) - this is a lawyer who is supposed to put the child's best interests first in child abuse cases - known as GAL. I don't know if there could be one in this case since there is no Caylee to talk to.

Children get Guardians Ad Liteum (sic) - this is a lawyer who is supposed to put the child's best interests first in child abuse cases - known as GAL. I don't know if there could be one in this case since there is no Caylee to talk to.

Thanks Gaia, that makes sense---as sad as that is :(

I had posted something to this effect awhile back. I think that appointing someone would be a wise decision. Not sure what it takes for that to happen though.

Sometimes they are used when the child is small and can't speak for themselves too. I would think that in this case that it would be good for someone to review the evidence and make decisions on her behalf since it seems like the Anthony's say Caylee is alive and kidnapped and LE is leaning the other direction. IMO

I wish the state would step up and declare that Caylee needs a GAL. Sure, she is not around, but she needs a voice...

The state of Florida does not require a Guardian ad Litem to be a lawyer. I am sure there are pleny of GAL's that would love to be the voice for Caylee but I bet they will assign an attorney ad litem here, if they do anything at all. It is all so frustrating. I am wondering what a GAL would actually do right now as her voice anyway. Typically you sepak to the parents, support system (i.e. grandparents), caretakers, review medical records and any court documents regarding the child. Since the mother and the grandparents cannot keep their stories straight how do you determine who the caretakers and the medical doctors were? What an absolute nightmare of a case! In the event Caylee is found alive a GAL would be assigned and they could speak to Caylee themselves but until then I think they are SOL.

Doesn't the child need to be alive before a guardian is appointed?

I would think Caylee would have to be available to have a GAL. I am going to check out your links. thanks PattyG.

Yes, Caylee would have to be alive in order for this to happen. I posted the links to Florida's Program to show that anyone in Florida can be a GAL. I believe in the video there are over 30,000 children that need a GAL.

The mission of the State of Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program (GAL) is to advocate for the best interests of children who are alleged to be abused, neglected or abandoned and who are involved in court proceedings.

Sorry - here's the link

http://www.gal.alachua.fl.us/

Looks like Caylee would have to be alive.

This would be a Probate/Estate issue in order to get representation for her. The g-parents would likely be the administrators unless there is a heap of evidence showing they are incapable of acting in the best interest of the estate. I think there is...but a judge won't.

A prime example is when Anna Nicole past in Florida and the Florida court appointed a GAL for Dannilyn's best interest. Although she was not neglected or abused BUT Dannilyn was part of the court proceedings.

Just an example! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974