1125 users online (230 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

Did anyone else see this on Channel 9 news tonight?? It was just a quick report, saying that human remains have been found and they were investigating. (more later they said, as always) I've looked all over the net and found nothing. But I heard it and so did my husband. Now no news about it at all. I'm not dreaming this! Okay, the deal is, Marion Co. is Ocala, where Casey stated her Grandparents live. (in the audio tapes) So Casey would know the area. I'm dying for more news but nothing at all...anyone else hear this info???
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-18-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Can't say as I have, 'course I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see it on my local news anyway ... I'm too far away, but I'll keep an ear open.

I heard that too, but never any follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by regnissik View Post
    I heard that too, but never any follow-up.
    Thank you!! So gald that someone else heard it, lol! It was so quick then just gone. I didn't know where Marion Co was so hubby looked it up and found it was Ocala. That's when I said "omg, that's where Cindy's parents live"! At least that is what I think I remember from the audio tapes, I haven't gone back to double check. Wish there were updates but man I've got to go to bed!! Will check back tomorrow.

unsaid is offline I don't know and you don't know either! LOL
    When I googled there was also a Marion County in Indiana, I believe. But that could be irrelevant if you're down in Florida and it was local news.

ETA: your screen name is floridamom LOL. So yeah...I guess you're in Florida!
    Last edited by unsaid; 09-15-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: because I'm a sleepy fool

Quote Originally Posted by unsaid View Post
    When I googled there was also a Marion County in Indiana, I believe. But that could be irrelevant if you're down in Florida and it was local news.

ETA: your screen name is floridamom LOL. So yeah...I guess you're in Florida!
    Yes, I'm in Florida and this was local so not Indiana. Hubby wants to go to IN when he retires in 2 years though so kinds of relevant, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by floridamom View Post
    Thank you!! So gald that someone else heard it, lol! It was so quick then just gone. I didn't know where Marion Co was so hubby looked it up and found it was Ocala. That's when I said "omg, that's where Cindy's parents live"! At least that is what I think I remember from the audio tapes, I haven't gone back to double check. Wish there were updates but man I've got to go to bed!! Will check back tomorrow.
    I heard it too but I didn't want to post it, I was scared...LOL. I didn't realize that the nursing home was in Marion County, I thought they were in Mt. Dora which is Lake county?? Anyway, what was weird is there is an Anthony, FL which is in Marion County. I know, I know, really far fetched but thought I'd post it anyway.

As far as the news goes though, you're right it was VERY short snip. They didn't say child or adult just said human remains and they were sending out searchers with grid maps. Obviously, they didn't find a whole body

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideOfSaddness View Post
    I heard it too but I didn't want to post it, I was scared...LOL. I didn't realize that the nursing home was in Marion County, I thought they were in Mt. Dora which is Lake county?? Anyway, what was weird is there is an Anthony, FL which is in Marion County. I know, I know, really far fetched but thought I'd post it anyway.

As far as the news goes though, you're right it was VERY short snip. They didn't say child or adult just said human remains and they were sending out searchers with grid maps. Obviously, they didn't find a whole body
    I think nursing home and the great grandparents' home are two separate places hence the confusion

Looks like it would take about an hour and a half to get there from Orlando Florida, by car. But unfortunately, there are lots of murders/deaths in Florida, as elsewhere in the country, so it's not likely Caylee. Poor thing.
    Last edited by gitana1; 09-15-2008 at 03:38 AM. Reason: half asleep
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    I think nursing home and the great grandparents' home are two separate places hence the confusion
    You're probably right. I'm pretty sure the nursing home is in Mt. Dora though. IIRC, this is also where Cindy went to a friends house for dinner with Caylee after the nursing home visit. I haven't heard Ocala mentioned at all in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideOfSaddness View Post

I'm thinking Casey said "Ocala" but now I'm not so sure; maybe it was Mt. Dora? Geez, it's late but I could swear she said Ocala?? Don't know, hopefully we will hear more tomorrow.

Maybe KC did say Ocala... Ocala National Park is really spread out across the state.. I've heard of people refer to Ocala being around Mt. Dora, but it really isn't. They are usually just referring to either the county or park. I don't know. I'm pulling here.

here is the link for thier daily news. nothing posted yet that I could see.

http://www.ocala.com/section/news01

Can't find anything about it in the local news, either...give it a few hours...

The GM's home was said to be right around the corner from the nursing home. She visits twice a day IIRC.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast