Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

floridamom

Reaction score
Did anyone else see this on Channel 9 news tonight?? It was just a quick report, saying that human remains have been found and they were investigating. (more later they said, as always) I've looked all over the net and found nothing. But I heard it and so did my husband. Now no news about it at all. I'm not dreaming this! Okay, the deal is, Marion Co. is Ocala, where Casey stated her Grandparents live. (in the audio tapes) So Casey would know the area. I'm dying for more news but nothing at all...anyone else hear this info???

Can't say as I have, 'course I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see it on my local news anyway ... I'm too far away, but I'll keep an ear open.

I heard that too, but never any follow-up.

Thank you!! So gald that someone else heard it, lol! It was so quick then just gone. I didn't know where Marion Co was so hubby looked it up and found it was Ocala. That's when I said "omg, that's where Cindy's parents live"! At least that is what I think I remember from the audio tapes, I haven't gone back to double check. Wish there were updates but man I've got to go to bed!! :) Will check back tomorrow.

When I googled there was also a Marion County in Indiana, I believe. But that could be irrelevant if you're down in Florida and it was local news.

ETA: your screen name is floridamom LOL. So yeah...I guess you're in Florida!

When I googled there was also a Marion County in Indiana, I believe. But that could be irrelevant if you're down in Florida and it was local news.

ETA: your screen name is floridamom LOL. So yeah...I guess you're in Florida!

Yes, I'm in Florida and this was local so not Indiana. :) Hubby wants to go to IN when he retires in 2 years though so kinds of relevant, lol!

Thank you!! So gald that someone else heard it, lol! It was so quick then just gone. I didn't know where Marion Co was so hubby looked it up and found it was Ocala. That's when I said "omg, that's where Cindy's parents live"! At least that is what I think I remember from the audio tapes, I haven't gone back to double check. Wish there were updates but man I've got to go to bed!! :) Will check back tomorrow.

I heard it too but I didn't want to post it, I was scared...LOL. I didn't realize that the nursing home was in Marion County, I thought they were in Mt. Dora which is Lake county?? Anyway, what was weird is there is an Anthony, FL which is in Marion County. I know, I know, really far fetched but thought I'd post it anyway.

As far as the news goes though, you're right it was VERY short snip. They didn't say child or adult just said human remains and they were sending out searchers with grid maps. Obviously, they didn't find a whole body :sick:

I heard it too but I didn't want to post it, I was scared...LOL. I didn't realize that the nursing home was in Marion County, I thought they were in Mt. Dora which is Lake county?? Anyway, what was weird is there is an Anthony, FL which is in Marion County. I know, I know, really far fetched but thought I'd post it anyway.

As far as the news goes though, you're right it was VERY short snip. They didn't say child or adult just said human remains and they were sending out searchers with grid maps. Obviously, they didn't find a whole body :sick:

I think nursing home and the great grandparents' home are two separate places hence the confusion

Looks like it would take about an hour and a half to get there from Orlando Florida, by car. But unfortunately, there are lots of murders/deaths in Florida, as elsewhere in the country, so it's not likely Caylee. Poor thing.

I think nursing home and the great grandparents' home are two separate places hence the confusion

You're probably right. I'm pretty sure the nursing home is in Mt. Dora though. IIRC, this is also where Cindy went to a friends house for dinner with Caylee after the nursing home visit. I haven't heard Ocala mentioned at all in this case.

I'm thinking Casey said "Ocala" but now I'm not so sure; maybe it was Mt. Dora? Geez, it's late but I could swear she said Ocala?? Don't know, hopefully we will hear more tomorrow.

Maybe KC did say Ocala... Ocala National Park is really spread out across the state.. I've heard of people refer to Ocala being around Mt. Dora, but it really isn't. They are usually just referring to either the county or park. I don't know. I'm pulling here. :)

Can't find anything about it in the local news, either...give it a few hours...

The GM's home was said to be right around the corner from the nursing home. She visits twice a day IIRC.

I remember in the Trenton Duckett case that there was speculation that Melinda might have disposed of his body in the Ocala National Forest. He has never been found so I always think of him when ever I hear of a body being discovered in that area.

This confused me to but,

The great grandpa lives in the nursing home which is in marion county. The great grandma still lives in the house which is Mt. Dora. Great grandma goes to nursing home everyday to visit.

This confused me to but,

The great grandpa lives in the nursing home which is in marion county. The great grandma still lives in the house which is Mt. Dora. Great grandma goes to nursing home everyday to visit.

ok thanks, that's where I thought the nursing home/house was Mt. Dora. Thanks for confirming that I was going nuts trying to find it. Ok so Mt. Dora is in Lake County, NOT Marion county where they found the remains. There is an Anthony FL in Marion county--pretty creepy.

There are a lot of missing persons in FL. I'm glad that this will bring closure on at least one more case as sad as it is.

I remember in the Trenton Duckett case that there was speculation that Melinda might have disposed of his body in the Ocala National Forest. He has never been found so I always think of him when ever I hear of a body being discovered in that area.

WOW! I didn't even know that. I hope we get some news soon :blowkiss:

It would be amazing if Trenton was found out there in the forest. I'd just like Trenton to be found, period. Ocala is about 2 hrs from Orlando via 75. It's about 30-45 minutes south of me here in Gainesville.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back