721 users online (77 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Boca Raton, Human bones in woods, Sep'08 - Keith McGee

hi
    May I please ask if any one knows more on this?Can you please keep me updated?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6779306.story

suzanne
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Hi Suzanne. As soon as I saw the title of the thread I thought of you and wondered if you had seen it yet, then I noticed that you were the one that posted it. You are always so on top of these sorts of stories. I can't believe that you haven't found your sister yet. I wish there was more that I could do besides wish you luck and send you prayers.

Hi
    Thankyou.I just always wonder who these people are.I never knew there were so many different bones found all the time.

suzanne
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

I know, isn't that the truth? Its sad and scary that there are that many bodies just lying around out there.

Could this be related to the mall killer?

Hi
    I don't know.It could be I guess.Has any one heard any thing new on this.

suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post
    Could this be related to the mall killer?
    That was my first immediate thought as well. But the more I think about it, I doubt it. It would just be such a drastic change from the way he normally does his crimes. Anything is possible, though.

Hi
    I've been looking.Has any one heard any more on this?

suzanne

Identified.

From Suzanne's link:

http://www.wpbf.com/mostpopular/17459690/detail.html
    Mickey Maguire and Henry Thompson made the discovery while clearing out an undeveloped area near 1800 W. Palmetto Park Road.

“The skull was over to the back left and then the body, you see all the legs and stuff like that just scattered everywhere around there,” Maguire said.

Police said the area of land where the bones were found -- on the north side of Palmetto Park Road between Interstate 95 and Military Trail -- is frequented by the homeless.

An injury to one of the bones and a hole in a piece of clothing recovered at the scene lead police to believe the victim was shot, but the cause of death has not been determined.
    Charley Project resolved cases:
    Keith William McGee

McGee, 44, disappeared from Boca Raton, Florida on December 6, 2005. His skeletal remains were found in a wooded area off west Palmetto Park Road in September 2008, but they weren't identified until May 2010. Authorities stated the cause of death is unknown, but foul play is not suspected.
    Interesting about the shooting injury. Maybe an old injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Identified.

From Suzanne's link:

http://www.wpbf.com/mostpopular/17459690/detail.html

Charley Project resolved cases:

Interesting about the shooting injury. Maybe an old injury?
    Edit: yes, old injury.

http://www.wpbf.com/r/23673801/detail.html

The break in the case came when Detective Juan Pijuan linked a broken nose in the remains to a missing persons case in which the person had a broken nose.
    Detective Pijuan noticed that McGee appeared to have a broken nose in his license photo. Detective Pijuan then review autopsy reports for the remains which showed the person had a fractured nose that later healed, as well as a bullet lodged in one of the bones.

After extensive searching McGee's father was located and DNA samples were taken to compare against the remains. Family confirmed that McGee had been shot previously and that doctors had not been able to remove it because it was too close to McGee's spine.
    Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/detect...#ixzz1Cz7aEYW5

Poor man. Rest in peace.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)