Casey wearing a Rosary around neck

Everly

Reaction score
In the most recent booking, the video shows Casey arriving. You can see a string of black or dark beads around her neck. I thought it was dumb looking with her Find Caylee t-shirt. But when I watched the video, it appears to me pretty clear she is wearing a very conspicuous Rosary as a necklace.

Curious-- are they Catholic? Is it proper to wear a Rosary? I checked online about that and the general consensus is that yes, it is proper if you are wearing it with respect and devotion, but not as a fashion accessory.

What do you think Casey's reasons for wearing such a conspicuous Rosary are?
Is she devout? Is she praying for Caylee? Did she choose and wear one such as that for "image" improvement?

(if someone can, can you do a screen capture of the video shot showing on Orlando Sentinel right now and paste it here? I don't have the capability right now. It shows the Cross of the Rosary swinging out from Casey's chest.)

There's another thread about this somewhere. I seem to recall, tho, someone leaving a rosary on the A's door the other day. Maybe a woman who flew in from N.J.?

I think they are just coming back in style...

There's another thread about this somewhere. I seem to recall, tho, someone leaving a rosary on the A's door the other day. Maybe a woman who flew in from N.J.?

Well, I read that she had permission to attend church services at the Eastside Baptist Church and last time I checked, Baptists don't use rosaries. Jus' sayin'.

Glad it didn't smell like smoke...or the Anthonys' would've had to dispose of it like the stuffed animals.:eek:

I think she wants everyone to think she is saying the rosary and praying for Caylee on an hourly basis. I think it was all for show and sympathy. The last time I remember it being in style was when Madonna wore one in the Like a Virgin video LOL

No, the Anthony's are not Catholic, protesant to the best of my knowledge, but not practicing any faith until this happened with Caylee.

I am a practicing Catholic and have ONLY seen a "nun" wear a rosary, very rarely. Around your neck I don't think is acceptable to others who practice their faith, and honor Christ and what he did when died for us.

I find it dispicable for her to wear this as a fashion accessory, it is sacrilegus, IMO.

Wearing the rosary around her neck IMO is grossly irreverant of its hallowed, intended purpose, to pray the rosary, and reflect on the mysteries.

When I saw her photographed with the rosary on, I instantly felt how wearing it violates its purpose.

IF you want an outward sign to show you are a believer, how about a simple cross ?

IF it was a gift from the lady in N.J., be grateful for that gift, and carry it in your pocket, don't wear it around your neck. I do not approve at all.

SOMEONE needs to explain to that girl why it is not kewl to wear the rosary as a necklace, as it was never intended.

I asked this question on the other thread and was told by people who know what's in style that it's simply a fashion statement. Lot's of women wear them these days I was told.
I am not up to date on what's in style since my daughter left home a few years a go. LOL

I asked this question on the other thread and was told by people who know what's in style that it's simply a fashion statement. Lot's of women wear them these days I was told.
I am not up to date on what's in style since my daughter left home a few years a go. LOL
Hi CC..when I told you that it was common to wear beads with tshirts here in Cali, I didn't realize they were rosary beads.

Actual rosary beads are IN STYLE ? OMG !!

I have never seen anyone wear them before. IMO she is wearing them to look "good." And, ain't nothing 'gonna make this gal look good IMO !

No, the Anthony's are not Catholic, protesant to the best of my knowledge, but not practicing any faith until this happened with Caylee.

I am a practicing Catholic and have ONLY seen a "nun" wear a rosary, very rarely. Around your neck I don't think is acceptable to others who practice their faith, and honor Christ and what he did when died for us.

I find it dispicable for her to wear this as a fashion accessory, it is sacrilegus, IMO.

Wearing the rosary around her neck IMO is grossly irreverant of its hallowed, intended purpose, to pray the rosary, and reflect on the mysteries.

When I saw her photographed with the rosary on, I instantly felt how wearing it violates its purpose.

IF you want an outward sign to show you are a believer, how about a simple cross ?

IF it was a gift from the lady in N.J., be grateful for that gift, and carry it in your pocket, don't wear it around your neck. I do not approve at all.

SOMEONE needs to explain to that girl why it is not kewl to wear the rosary as a necklace, as it was never intended.
If the rosary has no meaning to her it doesn't matter if she wears them.

Is that what that was? It's HUGE! Naturally, she wears it on the OUTside of her shirt. Maybe it protects her better that way?

Will this be spun into some 'sign' that Caylee has been stolen by a type of demonic cult?

I don't care how "in style" it may be, it's wrong. The rosary is to be prayed, not worn. It is not a fashion accessory. It's disrespectful. Have I said it's wrong?

Oh, well, it's Casey. She's already got that one big mortal sin on her soul, I'm sure she doesn't care about sins anymore. (but I'm so telling you, if Sister Mary Lou saw that, little miss KC would be in detention for a month! And that would be the easiest part of her punishment!)

I dont put it past KC to wear the rosary to a) wear it because its the only "jewellery" she is allowed. b) wear it to try and show the public she is a nice, religious girl who couldnt possibly murder her child. c) Really has turned to God in her hour of need.

Not sure if any of you guys read it but a clinical pysciatrist said that she probibly turn to religion as a way to cope and then a deep depression would occur. If the cops push her at that point she she could crack. Now might be a good time for them to have her placed with a "sympathetic" cell-mate ...

ETA - my 2 teenage sons have antique rosarys very similar to the ones KC was wearing. They are over 100 years old and belonged to my Great Grandmother. She left them to the boys. Only one son wears it outside his t-shirt (sometimes) because he finds it uncomfortable depending on what he is wearing. We come from a very strong Irish Catholic background but the boys were not taken to confession/church as children. However they have great respect for their grandparents/great grandparents and our background and i think they wear them as a sign of respect for that. When ever they come home they take the rosaries off and hang them on a hook by the back door and kiss the cross part. They are extremely respectful about it to the point of being supersticious. Were we live (and in our family) tradition and ritual is quite important so people do not see the wearing of rosaries as unusual or sacreligious. They are DEFINATILY NOT a fashion accessory for my sons! However as KC has NOT worn this rosary before I dont think she is doing out of respect or tradition. Its more likely to be just a prop in the "Girl Gone Wild - The Casey Anthony Show" .

I don't care how "in style" it may be, it's wrong. The rosary is to be prayed, not worn. It is not a fashion accessory. It's disrespectful. Have I said it's wrong?

Oh, well, it's Casey. She's already got that one big mortal sin on her soul, I'm sure she doesn't care about sins anymore. (but I'm so telling you, if Sister Mary Lou saw that, little miss KC would be in detention for a month! And that would be the easiest part of her punishment!)
I totally agree and I said so on the other thread. I can only hope that a power larger than us has mercy on her and her soul. :blowkiss:

Hey are we sure that's a rosary? It doesn't look like it in her mug shot.

There are 2 reasons a sociopath in trouble would wear a religious symbol:

1. To be accepted socially (maybe by her mom or the crowds) showing in a phoney outward way that she's "trusting God to find Caylee."

2. Because she is actually on the verge of a breakdown and is turning to religion. If this is the case, it means that Casey may finally break and tell investigators the truth - it means she has hit rock bottom emotionally. Cross your fingers this is the reason.

If the rosary has no meaning to her it doesn't matter if she wears them.

Knowing what it means as a catholic is why I take offense. It is somewhat of a mockery, violates its purpose as intended, sacrilegus.

What's next for a protesant to use a chalice as a Coca Cola glass, or eat the body of Christ 'cuz u needed a snack.

I am sorry but I take this catholic paraphanalia very seriously, as other devout catholics do also.

IF the rosary means nothing to Casey, she has NO business wearing it. A rosary is intended for sacred prayer purposes only.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back