1213 users online (253 members and 960 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Laece's Avatar
    Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    651

    when threads get moved...

    i'm still fairly new here, and i have my fair share of posts or threads get moved.

    my question is, they tell it's moved...but not what thread it's been moved to.

    how does one find a relocated thread???

    ***please someone answer this before it's moved, i'll never find it. lol.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

    just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

    You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

    You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.



    Just stop it, Casey.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,067
    if you click on the thread that has been moved it will take you to the thread it was merged with. Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    if you click on the thread that has been moved it will take you to the thread it was merged with. Hope that helps.
    Adding to that,go to the last page of the thread it gets moved to - your post will be there.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  4. #4
    Laece's Avatar
    Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    651
    i tried to click on my old thread that gets moved, and it just tells me that i can't access that page...

    thanks though. i wonder why i'm defective.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

    just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

    You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

    You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.



    Just stop it, Casey.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Laece View Post
    i'm still fairly new here, and i have my fair share of posts or threads get moved.

    my question is, they tell it's moved...but not what thread it's been moved to.

    how does one find a relocated thread???

    ***please someone answer this before it's moved, i'll never find it. lol.
    just click the moved thread. or pm any mod.

    It is usually moved because there was already a thread on that topic or it fits into another thread along the same lines.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Laece View Post
    i tried to click on my old thread that gets moved, and it just tells me that i can't access that page...

    thanks though. i wonder why i'm defective.
    yours may have been moved completely out of the forum for some reason.
    Also if you go to your posts to date on your profile page, you can find the post you are looking for and click it. It will take you to it's new location.