Question for Tricia re:Anthony family posting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchLite

Former Member
Reaction score
I have seen you explain in other posts that you have ways to verify certain posters, and who they are. Lets say Cindy was posting here. Not saying she is....just a hypothetical question. So, Cindy is posting here, but using an on line name of "the real truth". If you thought it was actually Cindy posting, do you have the means just by an IP address to locate where the poster is from? If so, and you actually found out it was Cindy posting on the board ( or any other family member) would you let the board members know of this?

I guess the reason I am asking is, I really feel Cindy, Casey and or Lee are posting here

I'm not a mod but I would guess, as anyone else, their information is private and will remain that way.

Their information will remain private as TOS states and we are also not to "out" a poster.

This type of issue should be addressed to a mod or Tricia in a PM or email...

I'm a mod on another board. I can look at stats and see the IP address and trace it to a city. Most times I can figure out who it is that way. A poster can be banned, meaning they cannot post on a particular board anymore.

This type of issue should be addressed to a mod or Tricia in a PM or email...

I think it's a valid question-I personally would feel un-easy to go and ask a question like this in private- I pretty much don't like to go behind peoples back to ask a question.

I guess if this question is not ok- the mods can remove it. Did't mean to start anything- was really curious about it thou

I'm a mod on another board. I can look at stats and see the IP address and trace it to a city. Most times I can figure out who it is that way. A poster can be banned, meaning they cannot post on a particular board anymore.

Thanks! Don't really know much about rules on these type of boards, as I really don't post on them, but this case caught my attention.

on your board- would you let the members know if the family was posting? Possible, after the fact?

I do know, or have been told that people can register under several names, and post that way- and I have seen on other boards the mods outing them and telling them to stop it.

Great if they read here.
Perhaps if they read OFTEN,
Cindy will move on out of the DENIAL mode she is in.

I have seen you explain in other posts that you have ways to verify certain posters, and who they are. Lets say Cindy was posting here. Not saying she is....just a hypothetical question. So, Cindy is posting here, but using an on line name of "the real truth". If you thought it was actually Cindy posting, do you have the means just by an IP address to locate where the poster is from? If so, and you actually found out it was Cindy posting on the board ( or any other family member) would you let the board members know of this?

I guess the reason I am asking is, I really feel Cindy, Casey and or Lee are posting here

I do not try and find out who the members of the forum are. It would be against TOS and violate our members privacy.

IP address are way overrated. You really can't find out much from them unless you actually go to the company who owns the IP and search their records. Which no one can do without a court order.

I am going to close this thread. No need to discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle