Texas Equusearch Needs OUR Help

Peki51

Reaction score
Website
www.mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com
It has come to my attention that Hurricane Ike has done extensive damage to Texas Equusearch. Many of the team members' homes are destroyed, including the horse barn and hay for the horses that so selflessly search for missing loved ones.

Tim Miller has given so much over the years to the "community" of missing persons. If you don't know his story, please go the the website and read about his own losses.

The Texas Equusearch team can not do the job they have been called to do because of this devastation. We need to find a way to help get them back up and running.

Just looking into Tim Miller's eyes over the years connects with my heart and he and his team do not deserve to suffer through this for one minute.

Please let me know if anything has been organized to help Tim in anyway, if not, then what can we do to help one or all of his team members?

On their website is a button for donations. I have been in contact with someone from the organization and there is a great need for money to repair their motorhome, buy the hay for the horses and a myriad of other things. Please donate what you can, even if it is only a few dollars.

Let's give back some of the love and support Tim Miller has given to so many families of missing persons.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

Oh NO! I'll send some $$$ today.

Is there anyway Tricia could make this a Sticky on every board?

Can I Bump?! Bump Bump

I sent a donation via snail mail when they were in Florida.

I am wishing TES will have more donations and get back to normal. TES is the BEST!!

Thanks to Everyone who has noticed this thread!! If there is a way to make a sticky everywhere it would be so appreciated. Some of the other forums are taking their donations and making one large one from the forum, but I don't think Websleuths is set up to do that, right?

But you can make a donation in the name of someone special to you and it will send an ecard notifying of that donation.

Please, keep passing the word around to any other blogs, forums, message boards that you may know of that will drum up some donations! Maybe a good class project for someone who has children?

Thanks again!

Thanks to Everyone who has noticed this thread!! If there is a way to make a sticky everywhere it would be so appreciated. Some of the other forums are taking their donations and making one large one from the forum, but I don't think Websleuths is set up to do that, right?

But you can make a donation in the name of someone special to you and it will send an ecard notifying of that donation.

Please, keep passing the word around to any other blogs, forums, message boards that you may know of that will drum up some donations! Maybe a good class project for someone who has children?

Thanks again!

I just made a donation through Paypal. It was quick and easy to do. Go to the www.texasequusearch.org site. Click on donation on the first page. You have the option to either use credit card or paypal. Thanks.

Just a thought but I wonder how many WS'ers are out there near the TES headquarters that people may be able to assist putting houses back together for the TES team members or the barn for the TES horses?

I just made a donation through Paypal. It was quick and easy to do. Go to the www.texasequusearch.org site. Click on donation on the first page. You have the option to either use credit card or paypal. Thanks.

Just a thought but I wonder how many WS'ers are out there near the TES headquarters that people may be able to assist putting houses back together for the TES team members or the barn for the TES horses?

Great thought! I know so many that live in the area are suffering their own damage. One I know of says there are 3 million people around Houston that still have no power.

Great thought! I know so many that live in the area are suffering their own damage. One I know of says there are 3 million people around Houston that still have no power.

Yes, I imagine there are so many out there that need help. But if there were a few people that are licensed carpenters, drywallers, plumbers, etc. maybe from a few hundred miles of TES headquarters, maybe they could help. Contact info below:

Texas EquuSearch Office

4013 FM 517, Suite B Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539

Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax : (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500

email: Tim Miller - tim.miller@texasequusearch.org

email: Steve Skidmore - steve.skidmore@texasequusearch.org

I live in San Antonio, which is about 3 1/2 hours, in normal times, from where they are. I called yesterday to get hotel booked, and there are no hotels to be had anywhere near the area for the next month. I was scheduled to go down to help TES in other areas this week anyway, and then IKE hit, so those plans were scrubbed. I'll get there as soon as I can, as will my hubby.

Just to let everyone know, TES has been busy since Ike hit. Instead of focusing on getting their own lives back in order, they were called in (I don't know who called, but someone alerted them), over the weekend to a 2 building facility that houses the elderly and disabled in Houston. This facility was without power and water, with about 200 residents. I know they were there on Sunday, and probably earlier, as I talked to them on Sunday.

They worked tirelessly getting food and water to the residents of these 2 buildings, 10 stories tall, and trying their hardest to keep things going. With the power out, there was no way to evacuate the most medically fragile. It wasn't until Wed, I believe, that power was restored and Houston EOC and FEMA were finally alerted and onsite to take over the situation. TES was working with limited cell coverage, no landlines, etc.

These people are the most selfless people I know. I'll be making another donation too. God Bless you Tim Miller and all of TES, for what you do on a daily basis !!!!!

Just wanted you to know that I posted a link to this thread over in the Caylee Anthony forum. Hopefully, this need will get all the exposure it deserves.

And God Bless you, too, Barb! You know first hand what these people are up against, and for those here that don't know, take a look at some of the devastation in this article. It is astounding, just like Katrina was. Thanks to everyone are coming in my email from a former team member. I know that our donations are making a difference for them.

http://news.aol.com/article/ikes-mi...y/178963?icid=100214839x1209496319x1200592959

Gonna send one right now and bump....... thanks for all you do TES

Thanks for posting this. I just donated. Tim Miller and all of Equusearch, including the horses and dogs are a blessing on earth. I wish I could give much more.

I was reading through TES website this morning and it is amazing to me how many cases have been helped by this group. They certainly are a blessing in so many ways and on so many levels.

We, and the rest of America, have heard about the high profile cases and seen Tim Miller being interviewed, but there are so many others that have been helped that aren't in the public eye, just as a lot of missing cases.

Another thing to remember is that there are so many other organizations like Texas Equusearch out there who are just as dedicated. They deserve recognition also. All of the selfless acts of humanity are commendable.

For the families of the missing I'd like to thank all of you who donated to TES. Their office is just a few miles from Galveston so I'm sure the storm hit them hard.

Email UPDATE on Texas Equusearch........

As of yesterday, Tim and some of the team were awaiting the call that it was safe enough to go into the Bolivar Peninsula area to search for those who may have perished. This effort was to have taken place a few days ago but the hazards were declared to be too severe for searching.
There is still no power in many many areas to include areas where many of the TES members reside. The weather is getting warmer and the humidity has returned after several days break due to a cool front that arrived last Mon. It is going to get more stressful as the heat and humidity increase so let's hope they can get power to as many as possible ASAP.

Here is a video of the damaged area of Bolivar Peninsula. They were on the east side of the storm and received the worst of the storm surge.

Bolivar Peninsula damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Z5dMLOQ9k

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni