1078 users online (165 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Ryan O'Neal and son arrested on drug charges

Actor Ryan O'Neal and his son, Redmond, were arrested Wednesday at the actor's Malibu, Calif., home for alleged drug possession, a sheriff's spokesman confirms.

Link:http://www.people.com/people/article...226642,00.html
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Shocker. Not.

This whole family is one slow train wreck on the path towards disaster.

well there's another example of excellent parenting skills. ALL of his children have or have had drug issues including HIM. Lead by example and they will follow. Way to go Ryan - what a legacy of shame you have left for your grandkids to also follow.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

I agree...not exactly surprising news. It's very sad but expected.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    This whole family is one slow train wreck on the path towards disaster.
    I know....whenever I hear their name on the news,I always fear I will be hearing the worst.I wish that family could get their act together!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    well there's another example of excellent parenting skills. ALL of his children have or have had drug issues including HIM. Lead by example and they will follow. Way to go Ryan - what a legacy of shame you have left for your grandkids to also follow.
    Although unfortunately I have to say I am not shocked either I can say this isn't always the case.

Also if I am not mistaken Ryan O'Neil has a son who was married to Rebecca DeMornay, and he's not an addict.

I personally know kids that have parents that were 100% excellent parents and the kids or kid wound up becoming addicts.

I know parents that were addicts who have kids that became upstanding citizens and contribute to society. I know women that were "stay-at-home" mom's with husbands that had good careers with kids that became addicts. I know one parent families where kids came home to empty houses after school because it was necessary for the parent to work and the kids didn't do drugs.

Of course there's people who didn't lead by example and their kids are like these adult children of Ryan O'Neils. It's very sad. Sad, sad, sad.

I have to say this, in 1992, my brother was in PROMISES (rehab) with Griffin O'Neal. They had family therapy and while I attended on my brothers behalf, Tatum and Farah attened on Griffin's. Both of them were very concerned for him. (Farah is not his mother)
    Ryan seemed not to be involved at all in the treatment, however he was paying for it--which is not cheap.

I pity the entire dysfunctional family. Farah and Ryan's son, Redmond--the one involved in today's bust never really had a chance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1977 View Post
    I have to say this, in 1992, my brother was in PROMISES (rehab) with Griffin O'Neal. They had family therapy and while I attended on my brothers behalf, Tatum and Farah attened on Griffin's. Both of them were very concerned for him. (Farah is not his mother)
    Ryan seemed not to be involved at all in the treatment, however he was paying for it--which is not cheap.

I pity the entire dysfunctional family. Farah and Ryan's son, Redmond--the one involved in today's bust never really had a chance IMO.
    Rob I hope your brother is doing well.

Edit to say, I think that kid had a chance when he was with Farrah's father. Not too long ago wasn't Griffin arrested for like holding that kid hostage? Apparently he was "babysitting" the brother while poor Farrah and the dad were at her party. Griffin said he had to restrain Redmond from leaving. I kind of believe that.

Especially sad is I think it's Francis Ford Coppola's son was decapitated while riding in a boat with Griffin at the wheel. I mean can ya imagine that poor family everytime they hear this stuff?

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    What a messed up family. It doesn't seem like they'll ever get better.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Rob I hope your brother is doing well.

Edit to say, I think that kid had a chance when he was with Farrah's father. Not too long ago wasn't Griffin arrested for like holding that kid hostage? Apparently he was "babysitting" the brother while poor Farrah and the dad were at her party. Griffin said he had to restrain Redmond from leaving. I kind of believe that.

Especially sad is I think it's Francis Ford Coppola's son was decapitated while riding in a boat with Griffin at the wheel. I mean can ya imagine that poor family everytime they hear this stuff?

Thank you so much. My brother is doing great now and owns his own truck, driving over the road. It is a miracle that he overcame his addiction. It makes me believe others can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Although unfortunately I have to say I am not shocked either I can say this isn't always the case.

Also if I am not mistaken Ryan O'Neil has a son who was married to Rebecca DeMornay, and he's not an addict.

I personally know kids that have parents that were 100% excellent parents and the kids or kid wound up becoming addicts.

I know parents that were addicts who have kids that became upstanding citizens and contribute to society. I know women that were "stay-at-home" mom's with husbands that had good careers with kids that became addicts. I know one parent families where kids came home to empty houses after school because it was necessary for the parent to work and the kids didn't do drugs.

Of course there's people who didn't lead by example and their kids are like these adult children of Ryan O'Neils. It's very sad. Sad, sad, sad.

I never meant to put everyone in this category at all and I'm sorry if it came across that way. What I meant is that most if not ALL of Ryan's children have been or still are drug addicts and they've learned it from watching their own father. Children will learn the most from their parents on how to cope / or not cope with life when things get tough.

As an adult we are still fully accountable for our actions yet addiction is hereditary/ genetically passed on and doing illegal drugs in front of or with your children will only set them up to fail themselves. In this case - it's clearly evident that's what has happened. Just a sad sad situation all around as most of his kids have their own children as well that are probably seeing this too. History will repeat itself until someone becomes the hero!
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    I never meant to put everyone in this category
    Patty that's no problem. I knew what you meant.

Redmond o'neal arrested in rehab MERGED CLICK HERE

After using a 24 hour pass from rehab staffers noticed a change in Redmond's behavior. Looks like they did a urine and he turned up dirty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...ing_rehab.html

I ponder if his 24 hr pass saw him and dad spending time together... it seems that a majority of Redmond's drug issues always circulate around his father.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast