CA - Ryan O'Neal and son arrested on drug charges

This whole family is one slow train wreck on the path towards disaster.

well there's another example of excellent parenting skills. ALL of his children have or have had drug issues including HIM. Lead by example and they will follow. Way to go Ryan - what a legacy of shame you have left for your grandkids to also follow.

I agree...not exactly surprising news. It's very sad but expected.

This whole family is one slow train wreck on the path towards disaster.
I know....whenever I hear their name on the news,I always fear I will be hearing the worst.I wish that family could get their act together!

well there's another example of excellent parenting skills. ALL of his children have or have had drug issues including HIM. Lead by example and they will follow. Way to go Ryan - what a legacy of shame you have left for your grandkids to also follow.

Although unfortunately I have to say I am not shocked either I can say this isn't always the case.

Also if I am not mistaken Ryan O'Neil has a son who was married to Rebecca DeMornay, and he's not an addict.

I personally know kids that have parents that were 100% excellent parents and the kids or kid wound up becoming addicts.

I know parents that were addicts who have kids that became upstanding citizens and contribute to society. I know women that were "stay-at-home" mom's with husbands that had good careers with kids that became addicts. I know one parent families where kids came home to empty houses after school because it was necessary for the parent to work and the kids didn't do drugs.

Of course there's people who didn't lead by example and their kids are like these adult children of Ryan O'Neils. It's very sad. Sad, sad, sad.

I have to say this, in 1992, my brother was in PROMISES (rehab) with Griffin O'Neal. They had family therapy and while I attended on my brothers behalf, Tatum and Farah attened on Griffin's. Both of them were very concerned for him. (Farah is not his mother)
Ryan seemed not to be involved at all in the treatment, however he was paying for it--which is not cheap.

I pity the entire dysfunctional family. Farah and Ryan's son, Redmond--the one involved in today's bust never really had a chance IMO.

I have to say this, in 1992, my brother was in PROMISES (rehab) with Griffin O'Neal. They had family therapy and while I attended on my brothers behalf, Tatum and Farah attened on Griffin's. Both of them were very concerned for him. (Farah is not his mother)
Ryan seemed not to be involved at all in the treatment, however he was paying for it--which is not cheap.

I pity the entire dysfunctional family. Farah and Ryan's son, Redmond--the one involved in today's bust never really had a chance IMO.

Rob I hope your brother is doing well.

Edit to say, I think that kid had a chance when he was with Farrah's father. Not too long ago wasn't Griffin arrested for like holding that kid hostage? Apparently he was "babysitting" the brother while poor Farrah and the dad were at her party. Griffin said he had to restrain Redmond from leaving. I kind of believe that.

Especially sad is I think it's Francis Ford Coppola's son was decapitated while riding in a boat with Griffin at the wheel. I mean can ya imagine that poor family everytime they hear this stuff?

What a messed up family. It doesn't seem like they'll ever get better.

Rob I hope your brother is doing well.

Edit to say, I think that kid had a chance when he was with Farrah's father. Not too long ago wasn't Griffin arrested for like holding that kid hostage? Apparently he was "babysitting" the brother while poor Farrah and the dad were at her party. Griffin said he had to restrain Redmond from leaving. I kind of believe that.

Especially sad is I think it's Francis Ford Coppola's son was decapitated while riding in a boat with Griffin at the wheel. I mean can ya imagine that poor family everytime they hear this stuff?

Thank you so much. My brother is doing great now and owns his own truck, driving over the road. It is a miracle that he overcame his addiction. It makes me believe others can too.

Although unfortunately I have to say I am not shocked either I can say this isn't always the case.

Also if I am not mistaken Ryan O'Neil has a son who was married to Rebecca DeMornay, and he's not an addict.

I personally know kids that have parents that were 100% excellent parents and the kids or kid wound up becoming addicts.

I know parents that were addicts who have kids that became upstanding citizens and contribute to society. I know women that were "stay-at-home" mom's with husbands that had good careers with kids that became addicts. I know one parent families where kids came home to empty houses after school because it was necessary for the parent to work and the kids didn't do drugs.

Of course there's people who didn't lead by example and their kids are like these adult children of Ryan O'Neils. It's very sad. Sad, sad, sad.

I never meant to put everyone in this category at all and I'm sorry if it came across that way. What I meant is that most if not ALL of Ryan's children have been or still are drug addicts and they've learned it from watching their own father. Children will learn the most from their parents on how to cope / or not cope with life when things get tough.

As an adult we are still fully accountable for our actions yet addiction is hereditary/ genetically passed on and doing illegal drugs in front of or with your children will only set them up to fail themselves. In this case - it's clearly evident that's what has happened. Just a sad sad situation all around as most of his kids have their own children as well that are probably seeing this too. History will repeat itself until someone becomes the hero!

I ponder if his 24 hr pass saw him and dad spending time together... it seems that a majority of Redmond's drug issues always circulate around his father.

So sorry to hear about his arrest. How many times has he been arrested? It is a cycle with this family. It is very sad indeed. Hard to believe he got busted while in rehab. I think Ryan is a bad influence on his child. Maybe someday he will clean up before it is too late.

Gozgals

Different year same sad story.

Redmond O'Neal Arrested on Drug Charges

I am so glad everyone agreed with letting Redmond continue rehab.

Our prisons are bursting at the seams. Make room for real killers, pedophiles, violent offenders and let's help the drug addicts.

To those of you who think punishment helps drug addicts you are wrong. Of course every case is different but please keep in mind drugs are not the problem. They are the symptom of the problem.

Only with intense therapy and maybe anti-depressants can any addict be turned around. It is a battle that continues for life.

IMO Redmond didn't have a chance. According to Tatum's book her dad and Farrah's house was like something out of Amsterdam with the amount of pot that was smoked. Redmond learned at an early age.

Different year same sad story.

Redmond O'Neal Arrested on Drug Charges

I am so glad everyone agreed with letting Redmond continue rehab.

Our prisons are bursting at the seams. Make room for real killers, pedophiles, violent offenders and let's help the drug addicts.

To those of you who think punishment helps drug addicts you are wrong. Of course every case is different but please keep in mind drugs are not the problem. They are the symptom of the problem.

Only with intense therapy and maybe anti-depressants can any addict be turned around. It is a battle that continues for life.

IMO Redmond didn't have a chance. According to Tatum's book her dad and Farrah's house was like something out of Amsterdam with the amount of pot that was smoked. Redmond learned at an early age.

I don't agree that Redmond should go back to rehab, I'm sorry. He needs to be in PRISON with hardened criminals who are not able to go to rehab - over and over and over again. He has been coddled enough and the little rich boy life clearly isn't working for him. IIRC, he has already been arrested for violence due to drug use. We all know that it's just a matter of time until it escalates.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back