CA CA - Los Angeles Co., Partial Skull UP3728, 10-20, Angeles Nat'l Forest, Jun'93

laini

cemetery walker
Reaction score
Sex undetermined. Partial skull found in Angeles National Forest. Death 1-20 years prior.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1212.html

DNA available it says. So, we could likely assume the DNA has likely been checked and ruled out with all the missing kids and teens with DNA on file? I wonder who this is.

Is this the same case???
Same forest, Skull and remains found in 1993. Only thing is that these remains were from MARCH and the one in this thread says JUNE. Could it be the same killer? Check it out:

Guilty Verdict In Angeles National Forest Model Murder

POSTED: 3:37 pm PST February 15, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- A registered sex offender was convicted Wednesday of kidnapping and killing a model whose skeletal remains were found in the Angeles National Forest a year after she disappeared.

David Rademaker was convicted of first-degree murder with a special circumstance that the crime was committed during a kidnapping. The Superior Court jury rejected a special circumstance that the killing occurred while Rademaker sodomized the woman.

Rademaker, 42, of Burbank could face the death penalty or life in prison.

Prosecutors said Rademaker lured 21-year-old Kimberly Pandelios to the forest in February 1992 for a photo shoot and drowned her in a creek when she resisted his sexual advances.

Pandelios, the mother of a year-old son, had told her husband she was meeting a photographer named Paul, authorities said.

Her skull and other remains were found by hikers in March 1993 in the San Gabriel Mountains northeast of Los Angeles.

Investigators with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department unsolved homicides unit relied on interviews with witnesses and telephone records discovered in 1992 to arrest Rademaker.

An attorney for Rademaker said the case relied heavily on testimony from two of Rademaker's former girlfriends who claimed he made incriminating statements.

The testimony should not have been allowed, Kim Pearman argued.

"It's character assassination, that's what it is," Pearman said.

Rademaker served about half of a 12-year sentence after pleading no contest to charges of procuring a child to engage in a lewd act and furnishing controlled substances to a minor.

He was paroled in 2004.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/7092606/detail.html

If they have DNA, couldn't they at least tell us the sex of the victim, maybe even race? Just seems like it could be anybody with the few details available....

I've been cleaning up old threads, and I came across this one.

This caught my attention because this is precisely the area were Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris took Lucinda Schaefer (in addition to at least three of their other victims whose remains were recovered).

schaefer_lucinda.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schaefer_lucinda.html

* The remains were estimated to have been there up to 20 years (prior to 1993), which would be very consistent with Lucinda's 1979 disappearance (14 years prior).

* The age estimate (10-20) is also consistent to Lucinda (age 16).

Unfortunately, there probably is no way to prove it one way or the other.

Glendora Ridge Road is also where Randy Kraft dumped Rodger DeVaul Jr's body in February 1983. So it could be one of his victims as well (Paul Fuchs, Jeffrey Sayre, or someone else entirely). 1973 to 1992 is quite a range.

Glendora Ridge Road is also where Randy Kraft dumped Rodger DeVaul Jr's body in February 1983. So it could be one of his victims as well (Paul Fuchs, Jeffrey Sayre, or someone else entirely). 1973 to 1992 is quite a range.

You're right that it could be any one of a large number of people. But Lucinda's case is probably the one case that haunts me the most. Her remains are probably gone forever, but she immediately came to mind when I saw that these remains were of a teenager and they were in the San Gabriel Mountains near Glendora.

A friend of mine knew Lucinda from high school, and she said that Lucinda was a very sweet well-adjusted girl who was nice to everyone. Even though I never knew her, I think of her whenever I drive past her church on Avenue D and Pacific Coast Highway in Redondo Beach.

I've been cleaning up old threads, and I came across this one.

This caught my attention because this is precisely the area were Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris took Lucinda Schaefer (in addition to at least three of their other victims whose remains were recovered).

schaefer_lucinda.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schaefer_lucinda.html

* The remains were estimated to have been there up to 20 years (prior to 1993), which would be very consistent with Lucinda's 1979 disappearance (14 years prior).

* The age estimate (10-20) is also consistent to Lucinda (age 16).

Unfortunately, there probably is no way to prove it one way or the other.

Since I posted this possible match on this thread for Lucinda "Cindy" Schaffer to these remains found off of Glendora Ridge Road near Tan Bark Flats, I've been trying to determine exactly where in the San Gabriel Mountains Bittaker and Norris took their five known victims.

I was just reading this article about the trials of Bittaker and Norris.

https://www.facebook.com/killingtime78/posts/1519597088292578

I finally found what I was looking for in this little tidbit:

In reference to the actual murders, Norris stated that after he himself unsuccessfully attempted to strangle Lucinda Schaefer, Bittaker had strangled her with a wire coat hanger. The pair had then thrown her body into a location at or near the San Dimas Canyon.
(Emphasis Added)

I knew from other articles that their hideout was on a fire road in the San Gabriel Mountains.

But I wasn't sure whether it was off of Angeles Crest Highway, San Gabriel Canyon Road, Glendora Ridge Road, or Mount Baldy Highway. But if, as the article indicates, it was near San Dimas Canyon, then it would definitely be off of Glendora Ridge Road, and this is exactly where these remains were found.

I just Spoke with Daniel Machian about this case. Unfortunately, all that is available for this case is the crown of a skull. No teeth, no DNA. So there is no way to confirm or rule-out any possibles.

Given that this is the exact location where Bittaker and Norris said that they took their victims, I think there is a very good chance that this is either Andrea Hall or Lucinda Schaffer.

NamUs UP 3728

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/3728

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found June 24, 1993 in Los Angeles County, CA
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1973 to 1993

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 10-20
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA: Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling

Case History: Partial skull was found in drainage area on a mountain side in a rural area in Glendora, Los Angeles County.

This case was updated recently in Namus - I can't see what was added/changed but hopefully with advances in technology they've been able to get some DNA from this small piece of human remains.

Bumping up. Rooting for technology to someday soon provide a final answer in this case.

I just Spoke with Daniel Machian about this case. Unfortunately, all that is available for this case is the crown of a skull. No teeth, no DNA.....

@othram a question about advanced DNA retrieval of the type your company works on. If you don’t have the usual specimens like teeth available to retrieve DNA, does any old bone work?

@othram a question about advanced DNA retrieval of the type your company works on. If you don’t have the usual specimens like teeth available to retrieve DNA, does any old bone work?

Any bone can be a good source of DNA but you won't know for sure, until you examine the bone and attempt DNA extraction.

This case seems unlikely to be solved but bumping it up anyway.
I notice NamUs gives
estimated age range of 10 - 15 years.
Some possible matches I could find:

Kim Mallon
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Rachel Hanna Ziselman

Kimberly Ann Kahler

Michelle Hochman

Angelica Maria Longoria

Jason Jack Russo

Rolando Ignacio Ocampo

Jorge Acosta

This case seems unlikely to be solved but bumping it up anyway.
I notice NamUs gives
estimated age range of 10 - 15 years.
Some possible matches I could find:

Kim Mallon

Rachel Hanna Ziselman

Kimberly Ann Kahler

Michelle Hochman

Angelica Maria Longoria

Jason Jack Russo

Rolando Ignacio Ocampo

Jorge Acosta

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime