FWIW, IMO we could use this! Frequently used abbrv. in this case.

jmflu

Reaction score
I can usually follow the abbreviations pretty well, but have never figured out a couple of them. Thought it would be nice to post some of the well-used jargon for any newer posters who might have questions... and hopefully find out what some others mean myself! Please feel free to add any I missed!

LE = law enforcement
SW = search warrant
JMHO = just my humble opinion
JMO = just my opinion
MO = my opinion
IMO = in my opinion
TOD = time of death
COD = cause of death
AR = autopsy report
ME = medical examiner
IIRC = if I remember correctly
FWIW = for what it's worth
ETA = edited to add
HT = Harris Teeter
LTF = Lifetime Fitness
K&B = Kurtz & Blum
NC = Nancy Cooper
BC = Brad Cooper
JA = Jessica Adam
DD = Diana Duncan
HP = Hannah Pritchard
CM = Clea Morwick
SH = Scott Heider
HHM = Heather Heider Metour
JLY = Jason Lynn Young, husband and alleged murderer of Michelle Young, Raleigh
JY = J.A. Young, Sr. Detective, Cary Police Dept.

ETA can also be Edited to Add -

I don't know about htis board but I know at some other boards I visit there is a thread that lists all the abbreviatios and their meanings. There may be one here too. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything gor you

oh and some posters use JLY for Jason Young so as not to confuse him with J. Young the detective on Nancy's case.

ETA can also be Edited to Add -

I don't know about htis board but I know at some other boards I visit there is a thread that lists all the abbreviatios and their meanings. There may be one here too. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything gor you

oh and some posters use JLY for Jason Young so as not to confuse him with J. Young the detective on Nancy's case.

GTK! (LOL... good to know... not official, I just made it up)
Thanks, TG

Well I looked around and I don't see an abbreviation thread anywhere.

none at the moment but if I recall any I'll PM you so you can update your list.

TOD - time of death
COD - cause of death
AR - autopsy report

oh good ones, Jilly. Peppurr's is sooo cute. MyDaughter adopted a one eyed torti (Lola) not long ago and she's a real sweetie. I thought of you and your sweetie when I first saw Lola.

JY = J. Young, attorney

Pssst. Jmflu,

That should be J.A. Young, Sr. Detective, Cary Police Dept.

"JLY = Jason Young" should be "JLY = Jason L. Young, husband and alleged murderer of Michelle Young, Raleigh"

Also, "SH = Scott Hider" is spelled Heider.

Should probably add:

HHM = Heather Heider Metour (no hyphen)

HP = Hannah Pritchard
CM = Clea Morwick

thanks!

Pssst. Jmflu,

That should be J.A. Young, Sr. Detective, Cary Police Dept.

"JLY = Jason Young" should be "JLY = Jason L. Young, husband and alleged murderer of Michelle Young, Raleigh"

Also, "SH = Scott Hider" is spelled Heider.

Should probably add:

HHM = Heather Heider Metour (no hyphen)

HP = Hannah Pritchard
CM = Clea Morwick

thanks!

Okey dokey, smokey!

oh good ones, Jilly. Peppurr's is sooo cute. MyDaughter adopted a one eyed torti (Lola) not long ago and she's a real sweetie. I thought of you and your sweetie when I first saw Lola.
:clap: I replied by pm.:)

IDK, do you think that's all inclusive? I'll search for more, would that be OK? I will try to get to it ASAP. IMO, I like a key. Sometimes I just look at them and it's like, DAK. (deny all knowledge)

IDK, do you think that's all inclusive? I'll search for more, would that be OK? I will try to get to it ASAP. IMO, I like a key. Sometimes I just look at them and it's like, DAK. (deny all knowledge)

Uh... I'm not sure if you're being serious, funny, or sarcastic, but... good job, I"m sure somebody got it! LOL

FYI, for better readability and longer term usage, I'd recommend removing all the (thanks soAndso) from the actual listing of abbreviations. If you think it's important to thank individual contributors, then perhaps a separate post listing your thanks and the names, if you want. That way visitors to the thread don't have to see additional clutter next to the listing of abbreviations, which I'm sure they'd appreciate. :smile:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back