983 users online (180 members and 803 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Casey at Colonial High

I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.

I have a difficult time picturing Casey in a physics class. I'm not saying she wasn't in one, but I can't picture it.

Her personality seems to have changed in the years since high school.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    I have a difficult time picturing Casey in a physics class. I'm not saying she wasn't in one, but I can't picture it.

Crazy or not, she seems like a bright person. I can see her in a physics class.

So Cindy was a "helicopter parent." I can't say that surprises me.

This is interesting info - thanks for the update. I have wondered about her behaviors in regards to being promiscuous and stealing as it is a sign of rebellion. I think she was trying to break the mold that she had in high school by going waaaaaay over to the other side of the fence. This is all very sad. She seems like a smart girl and she could have made a better life for herself and Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post

I wonder when she started behaving so wildly. It seems to me that AL and the rest of the group were new friends. Who did she hang out with prior to that and when did the wild behavior start?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Samijeansg View Post
    I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.
    I thought Casey was a Cheerleader in HS ? Aren't they usually outgoing and have lots of Friends?

Quote Originally Posted by UCFMommy View Post
    So Cindy was a "helicopter parent." I can't say that surprises me.
    What is a helicopter parent?

With all the media attention, I am amazed that NG, GVS, and the local reporters have not interviewed Casey's teachers and fellow students.

Wonder why not?
    Just the FACTS Ma'am. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

Quote Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
    Someone who hovers over their child.

They HOVER!
    Just the FACTS Ma'am. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

I wonder when she started behaving so wildly. It seems to me that AL and the rest of the group were new friends. Who did she hang out with prior to that and when did the wild behavior start?
    It would be interesting to find out who her friends were in high school.

It does appear that she started rebelling against her parents during her senior year. I think that is when she dropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
    Someone who hovers over their child.
    Kinda like she's doing now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss Sleuth View Post
    This is interesting info - thanks for the update. I have wondered about her behaviors in regards to being promiscuous and stealing as it is a sign of rebellion. I think she was trying to break the mold that she had in high school by going waaaaaay over to the other side of the fence. This is all very sad. She seems like a smart girl and she could have made a better life for herself and Caylee.
    I agree. One of my best friends from high school was very quiet and studious in school, but shall I say, she came out of her shell when she went away to college. Casey might not have been promiscuous in high school, but that would have been at least 4 years ago. A lifetime ago for her. If she was such a good student and then didn't graduate because she missed a half credit (which could have easily been made up), it makes me think that she did get a bit rebellious, and the promiscuity might have come along with that change.

Thanks for the information. It is interesting to see how much she has changed.

redtailhawk is offline Hi! I'm Arlo the dog, I like groundhogs, biscuits and a good romp through the woods.

One that "hovers over" everything their children do. They never show their children that they trust them to make any decisions, they don't like to see their children experience the "consequences" of their actions.

"over protective" would be another term.
    A jury doesn't declare you innocent, they only say that you are "guilty" or "not guilty".

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast