Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samijeansg

Former Member
Reaction score
I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.

I have a difficult time picturing Casey in a physics class. I'm not saying she wasn't in one, but I can't picture it.

Her personality seems to have changed in the years since high school.

I have a difficult time picturing Casey in a physics class. I'm not saying she wasn't in one, but I can't picture it.

Crazy or not, she seems like a bright person. I can see her in a physics class.

So Cindy was a "helicopter parent." I can't say that surprises me.

This is interesting info - thanks for the update. I have wondered about her behaviors in regards to being promiscuous and stealing as it is a sign of rebellion. I think she was trying to break the mold that she had in high school by going waaaaaay over to the other side of the fence. This is all very sad. She seems like a smart girl and she could have made a better life for herself and Caylee.

I wonder when she started behaving so wildly. It seems to me that AL and the rest of the group were new friends. Who did she hang out with prior to that and when did the wild behavior start?

I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.

I thought Casey was a Cheerleader in HS ? Aren't they usually outgoing and have lots of Friends? :waitasec:

With all the media attention, I am amazed that NG, GVS, and the local reporters have not interviewed Casey's teachers and fellow students.

Wonder why not?

I wonder when she started behaving so wildly. It seems to me that AL and the rest of the group were new friends. Who did she hang out with prior to that and when did the wild behavior start?

It would be interesting to find out who her friends were in high school.

It does appear that she started rebelling against her parents during her senior year. I think that is when she dropped out.

This is interesting info - thanks for the update. I have wondered about her behaviors in regards to being promiscuous and stealing as it is a sign of rebellion. I think she was trying to break the mold that she had in high school by going waaaaaay over to the other side of the fence. This is all very sad. She seems like a smart girl and she could have made a better life for herself and Caylee.

I agree. One of my best friends from high school was very quiet and studious in school, but shall I say, she came out of her shell when she went away to college. Casey might not have been promiscuous in high school, but that would have been at least 4 years ago. A lifetime ago for her. If she was such a good student and then didn't graduate because she missed a half credit (which could have easily been made up), it makes me think that she did get a bit rebellious, and the promiscuity might have come along with that change.

Thanks for the information. It is interesting to see how much she has changed.

What is a helicopter parent?

One that "hovers over" everything their children do. They never show their children that they trust them to make any decisions, they don't like to see their children experience the "consequences" of their actions.

"over protective" would be another term.

So Cindy was a "helicopter parent." I can't say that surprises me.

lol does that mean she "hovered" over her? If so yes.

Yes it is quite sad, she was right up with the smartest people in her school and this is where she is today.

Oh and my friend thinks she may have taught Lee too. She is going to find out for me and let me know.

Hmmm.

I wish there was some way to substantiate this stuff. Has anyone done any year book searchin' for Casey or friends of Casey?

Are any of her current group people she went to HS with?

What is a helicopter parent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_parent

"A helicopter parent is a term for a person who pays extremely close attention to his or her child or children, particularly at educational institutions. They rush to prevent any harm or failure from befalling them or letting them learn from their own mistakes, sometimes even contrary to the children's wishes. They are so named because, like a helicopter, they hover closely overhead, rarely out of reach, whether their children need them or not.

The term "helicopter parents" is a pejorative expression for parents that has been widely used in the media; however, there has been little academic research into the phenomenon. Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Jim Fay defined "helicopter parents" very precisely in a section on "ineffective parenting styles" in their 1990 book "Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility"[1]. It gained wide currency when American college administrators began using it in the early 2000s as the millennial generation began reaching college age. Their late-wave baby-boomer parents in turn earned notoriety for practices such as calling their children each morning to wake them up for class and complaining to their professors about grades the children had received..."

She sounds like a perfect example of this. Note it's described as an "ineffective parenting style." Ya think?

One that "hovers over" everything their children do. They never show their children that they trust them to make any decisions, they don't like to see their children experience the "consequences" of their actions.

Yep. My sister was a helicopter parent. She never let her son experience the consequences of any of his actions. He is now serving a long prison sentence, because he didn't learn to accept responsibility early in life.

LOL

Thanks. You learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni