Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey at Colonial High

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    To me this is totally believable. Casey seems very smart to me although I think her common sense/street smarts lacks obviously. I can see her being a good student and a perfectionist. It's obvious that she does not like to be "wrong"..that was evident in the interview with LE especially when they asked about her Universal name badge. The detective was saying but you don't have one...and she said YES I DO blah blah blah..she definitely doesn't like being corrected. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I kept thinking how interesting it was to hear her "uh-huh" responses to LE when they were accusing her of being a liar and a baby killer. Yet, she gets all worked up over the name tag. That speaks volumes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thinking_Out_Loud For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sorry, not finished reading this thread when I happened upon this tidbit and it made me reminisce a bit about a friend I once had. Casey seems the person who has NEVER finished anything that she started. I believe it has been unfortunately been a running thread in her life.

I had a friend like that. They would start a "project", job, relationship, sign up for college and then somehow find a way to sabotage their great situation. Parents had to bring them back from college for too much partying and not enough studying. Cooked a up a "get rich quick" idea of selling homemade food and then backed out on the friends who started it. Signed up for college classes again but the very same day goes out to buy a brand new truck. Always shooting themselves in the foot. They, like Casey has NEVER put a period on the end of their sentences. This whole Caylee fiasco was another way of her not finishing, not completing, a task assigned to her......her job as mother. Now she maybe looking at jail time. There seems now to be a thing Casey can finally finish.......Guess the law will be putting the DOT at the end of this "SENTENCE"!
    Sounds like classic ADHD. Untreated, of course.
    ...the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers ~ Judge Stan Strickland
    It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. ~Abraham Lincoln
    IMO, the minivan and the blanket are key to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance...

"it won't take them long to figure out which teacher is slinging the dirt."

I didnt see any dirt being slung, mostly nice things said.

That school yearbook pic, where they spelled her name wrong, creeped me out a bit. She looks just like one of old best friends from high school in that pic. Had to do a double take.

As for people saying shes intelligent, I really have to beg to differ. Listening to her entire audio recordings of the interrogation, she misuses words ALOT, like she tries to insert big words into her sentences that dont even make sense and dont belong. She often uses words that she *thinks* make her sound smart or articulate that arent even used properly. For instance, 'circumstantially ran out of gas' or 'perspective leads', just listening to her for a few min I noticed that right away in her sentences.
    Please pray for Caylee

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misfit76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
    At any rate, that's one of the reasons I don't see CA as a helicopter. An enabler, yes...but I don't see a helicopter calling the police on her child, because that would put the dirty laundry out for public viewing.

I believe it happened this way because it is rumored that Cindy saw a counselor about dealing with Casey. Plus Cindy's quoted on the 911 call, "I've given you 30 days..." So her eagerness to air dirty laundry took some time.

Plus Rev. Grund in his last blog posting basically verifies Cindy's behavior.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Thanks so much for this thread. I'm not surprised at all with the information the teacher gave to your friend regarding Cindy's parenting style or Casey's quietness while in school, Samijeansg. I see you were going to attempt to contact this teacher to find out more information, did you ever do that and if you did was she willing to speak with you?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon View Post
    Sounds like classic ADHD. Untreated, of course.
    Sounds to me like a personality disorder.. a person "proving to themselves" over and over that they screw up everything they come in contact with so "why bother trying?"

JMO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Ada

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit76 View Post
    "it won't take them long to figure out which teacher is slinging the dirt."

I didnt see any dirt being slung, mostly nice things said.

That school yearbook pic, where they spelled her name wrong, creeped me out a bit. She looks just like one of old best friends from high school in that pic. Had to do a double take.

As for people saying shes intelligent, I really have to beg to differ. Listening to her entire audio recordings of the interrogation, she misuses words ALOT, like she tries to insert big words into her sentences that dont even make sense and dont belong. She often uses words that she *thinks* make her sound smart or articulate that arent even used properly. For instance, 'circumstantially ran out of gas' or 'perspective leads', just listening to her for a few min I noticed that right away in her sentences.
    I find that the entire family talks this way. They all try to come off sounding intelligent and they frequently make similar mistakes in their word usage.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pixarfreak View Post
    I believe it happened this way because it is rumored that Cindy saw a counselor about dealing with Casey. Plus Cindy's quoted on the 911 call, "I've given you 30 days..." So her eagerness to air dirty laundry took some time.

Plus Rev. Grund in his last blog posting basically verifies Cindy's behavior.
    I agree with you and the "hovering" comenced ASAP.

Spiderweb, Cindy acted on pure emotion when she called the police that day and it's obvious she has regret about doing so every day since. Her cover up "coptering" began less than 24 hours later. I think when dealing with a personality disordered family such as this, none of the behaviors society expects to see will be seen in the ways they expect them because they don't think and reason like "society" does.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Ada

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I find that the entire family talks this way. They all try to come off sounding intelligent and they frequently make similar mistakes in their word usage.
    I don't think she's very bright. I think she can read and write and figure things out but I don't see her as bright either. To be honest, I suspect Cindy probably did a lot of her school work for her and that is how she ended up in advanced classes. My mother used to do my homework, reports etc as long as I brought the books home and "allowed" her the opportunity.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Ya know, Lee too. He's spooky. for real

Quote Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
    Interested in men and one of her favorite shows is Prison Break. I need a new keyboard because I just spit lemonade all over it.
    I hope she took good notes, this could prove helpful in the future!! heehee
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    Ya know, Lee too. He's spooky. for real
    We may be getting very close to finding out just how spooky he really is.

Sociopaths have to learn how to fake success. In high school, Casey was probably still inventing who she was going to be.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetsyB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyB View Post
    Sociopaths have to learn how to fake success. In high school, Casey was probably still inventing who she was going to be.
    It may be that she developed the pathology of a sociopath after the conception of her daughter for unknown reasons, which is about the time she abandoned her job and started a downward spiral into murder for spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post

even in highschool her Interests = men!!!
    that is normal for a high school girl imho

Quote Originally Posted by Samijeansg View Post
    I think of not finishing school as dropping out, but you could be right. She may just not had enough credits to graduate. Doesn't really make sense though, maybe even if she was smart she still struggled with the advanced classes? I'm not sure.
    My ex found out the day before graduation that he was failing English. No time to make up the class or to 'fix' anything. Therefore he didn't graduate (.5 unit shy) with his class.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Quote Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
    It may be that she developed the pathology of a sociopath after the conception of her daughter for unknown reasons, which is about the time she abandoned her job and started a downward spiral into murder for spite.
    Now THAT is a Very Sad but Very Profound statement!

here is actually a picture of Casey in highschool . This pic might explain why she was so shy. (ok-that was kinda mean-just kiddin')

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    My ex found out the day before graduation that he was failing English. No time to make up the class or to 'fix' anything. Therefore he didn't graduate (.5 unit shy) with his class.
    IIRC, According to Cindy (don't know how true it is) Casey was also short .5 credit.

Okay, dont shoot the messenger...

But KC is 22 years old,,,,, I dont think for her age, a year into legal drinking. She partied, texted, had sex alot, and hung out with friends, thats not any more than other 22 year olds. I know alot of 20 somethings and what she is doing is more the norm than the exception. Even with a child they go out ALOT and leave the baby with friends, babysitter, parents or grandparents. And they dont even start to go out until after 10pm so the child is usually asleep anyway. (Im in bed by 10, so that really freaked me out)

She was a studious kid in HS, she was smart. I know alot of kids who were all honors in HS then went off to college and turned into exactly what you see in KC, a typical 20 something. Inappropriate with a missing child, granted, but she was probably doing the same things she had always wanted to do and all her friends were able to do, but she couldnt because of the responsiblity. If I had to take a bet, I would say CA told her, okay you dont want me to take physical custody of Caylee, then you have to take care of her and only watched her minimally and never for KC to go out with her friends, which is why she lied about going to work night after night. That was the only way CA would watch her.

Im way older than that, and find it wierd how much sex and parties these kids do, but it is what it is... I wouldnt read to much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    I see Cindy as a control freak parent, who worries more about appearances and how they will reflect on her. JMO
    Bingo, TripleA. That's how I see Cindy too. In my thinking, Casey became the person her mother accused her of being - irresponsible, lazy and immature. I speak from experience of having a mother who was constantly worried about how things appear to other people. These moms are quick to critize their children enough that it borders on verbal and mental abuse.
    I can imagine that Casey becoming pregnant was just unbearable to Cindy.
    I was pregnant before I was married and my mother was beside herself. She kept saying "Look what you did to me!" And she also claimed my baby would be my punishment for what I did. I can hear Cindy telling Casey the same. Cindy wanted Casey to feel ashamed and that Caylee was a punishment.
    I believe teens form the opinion about themselves from what others are always telling them. If Cindy was always telling Casey what a bad mother she was, in time Casey would see herself that way.
    I won't go into the amount of abuse I received from my mother (everything from her keeping my few wedding gifts to forbidding me from sending out birth announcements when my son was born, but wait until 4 months later for those counting on their fingers) but Cindy appears to be the same type of person as my mother.
    None of this excuses any harm Casey may have done to her daughter, Caylee. But perhaps it may provide the coldness and lack of caring in Casey's personality.
    By the way, it took a couple of years, but I finally told my mom to back off and go to hell if she was going to continue to treat me that way.
    JMO
    Last edited by JBean; 10-10-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Quote Originally Posted by simonsmom View Post
    I would be willing to bet that Cindy was also one to harp about not being easy. What better way to rebel than to hang out in clubs dirty dancing. Very telling. It seems to be all about Casey VS Cindy but Caylee paid the price for all of it. Maybe she wants to be a lawyer because Cindy is angry with the legal system. Cindy doesn't like hispanic people. Look at how many of the boyfriends are hispanic. It's like an evil game with Casey.
    We heard that from one person, who also said KC wanted to give up her baby for adoption.

All the other people close to KC at the time who have been asked the adoption question have out right denied this from being the truth. We have seen hispanics, blacks and whites coming and going from the A house for months now, CA invited Richardo personally to her house after KC was arrested. Maybe CA had a problem with one of KC's friends who just happened to be hispanic.

We should be careful about labeling anyone...

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

30. The Following User Says Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    IIRC, According to Cindy (don't know how true it is) Casey was also short .5 credit.

KC frd Jessica sd CA put so much pressure on kc she gave up and started skipping school/classes and it was normal for kc to hide out in there make shift fort…this was the start of kc inventing an alternate reality—also-kc was lazy. imho…..kc did noit want to work make an effort kc wanted to hang out at the mall with frds…..

IMHO-- kc began to skip school; invented her job at sportsmart then she made excuses for why her grades where failing....Ryan P. sd KC often used him as her alibi to be late- IE doing inventory etc…when in fact kc was at the mall hanging out with frds or partying with frds per Ryan P. first interview….....KC was an entire semester school year behind that’s why she did not go back to summer school and make it up....this is also where she invented her jobs

Then Cindy physically drover her to an interview 2004-and hooked KC up with an actual job at Universal.....if u look at it...kc can’t do anything unless Cindy does it for her.....Cindy was so ashamed at kc and kc pregnancy that Cindy also went along with the fake facade of kc being a student at Valencia even though all kc did was inquire about the school, Cindy also went along with kc being a virgin until kc was 7 months then it went to the baby daddy died......Cindy is as much to blame as Casey.....

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB12 For This Useful Post:

Cindy created this monster!!

She either took the rath for Casey's f#ck-up's or covered them up and made them go away.

So, why wouldnt Casey think she could get away with this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinCa View Post
    Crazy or not, she seems like a bright person. I can see her in a physics class.
    Not an AP class tho. Cindy is the kind of parent that teachers loathe. They don't know their children and their children are "perfect." I can guarantee you that there are no perfect children.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast