1284 users online (207 members and 1077 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838

    A twister?

    11 LOU SMIT: So just one more area. Everybody
    12 has heard about -- I can't say that. What have you
    13 heard about a paint tray?
    14 JOHN RAMSEY: Just what I read, or tried
    15 not to read. But can't help but hear the media
    16 that tell us a broken paintbrush that was used as
    17 part of the -- you see, I found JonBenet. I never
    18 saw a cord or that sort of thing. I thought I saw
    19 a cord, but I didn't focus on it or realize there
    20 was anything in the way of a twister, which
    21 apparently it was.
    22 It apparently was a paintbrush. And that's based
    23 on what I heard in the media. That's my
    24 impression. That's all I really heard.

    "I never saw a cord or that sort of thing. I thought I saw a cord, but I didn't focus on it or realize there was anything in the way of a twister, which apparently it was."

    DUHHHHHH JOHN...which was it? You NEVER saw it, or you THOUGHT you saw it? (rolling eyes)

    And ANOTHER thing...How in the WORLD would he know a slang term used for a garotte. I think of ....um...maybe a tornado, a board game...or when I am hungry, the Twister on the KFC menu (a chicken wrap)...but, NOT a garotte. Your average person would have never referred to the garotte as a twister. Why didn't he just say..."the rope around her neck", for example. Regardless of if he saw it or not...he still referred to it as "a twister", sounds like someone that knows a little about garottes...uh...I MEAN twisters.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Amazing inconsistancy! The LE and media should have screamed this one from the rooftops! It is as bad as PR saying she just read the beginning of the ransom note yet in the 911 call she is recorded as saying SBTC Victory is 'who took responsibility for writing the note.
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    Amazing inconsistancy! The LE and media should have screamed this one from the rooftops! It is as bad as PR saying she just read the beginning of the ransom note yet in the 911 call she is recorded as saying SBTC Victory is 'who took responsibility for writing the note.
    I know! How many people in these United States, know that a garotte is called a twister? I sure didn't know it, until I read John's interview, and now I am educated on the slang term for a garotte. And he said it like it was common knowledge.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I know! How many people in these United States, know that a garotte is called a twister? I sure didn't know it, until I read John's interview, and now I am educated on the slang term for a garotte. And he said it like it was common knowledge.
    It rolled of his....um...uh...humm...uh---lips way too easily!

    The exact same way that lynching, garrotte and guillotine have done so many times before in his discussions or writings about this case.
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    339
    I didn't know it was called a twister. Is that sexual terminology?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
    I didn't know it was called a twister. Is that sexual terminology?
    I have no idea, but that's a good question.

    I just looked it up on Webster's online dictionary and this is what I found. In Spanish, a twister is one of the words used for Garotte. So, John knows enough about Garottes to know the SPANISH name for it? Well, alrighty then.

    Spanish

    garrote (bludgeon, club, dancer, defect, garotte, garrote, kink, springer, truncheon, twister), dar garrote a (garotte, garrote), agarrotar (garotte, garrote, squeeze tight). (various references)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I have no idea, but that's a good question.

    I just looked it up on Webster's online dictionary and this is what I found. In Spanish, a twister is one of the words used for Garotte. So, John knows enough about Garottes to know the SPANISH name for it? Well, alrighty then.

    Spanish

    garrote (bludgeon, club, dancer, defect, garotte, garrote, kink, springer, truncheon, twister), dar garrote a (garotte, garrote), agarrotar (garotte, garrote, squeeze tight). (various references)
    And he apparently knows enough Spanish to know the word 'twister'! That's pretty wild that he would know that since he said that the stun gun video that LE found in their house wouldn't have meant anything to them since it was in Spanish and they would have no idea what it was saying. Humm... Very Interesting Find here, Ames!
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post


    And he apparently knows enough Spanish to know the word 'twister'! That's pretty wild that he would know that since he said that the stun gun video that LE found in their house wouldn't have meant anything to them since it was in Spanish and they would have no idea what it was saying. Humm... Very Interesting Find here, Ames!
    Yep, I know. According to him, he couldn't speak or understand Spanish.
    Thanks for the applause!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I know! How many people in these United States, know that a garotte is called a twister? I sure didn't know it, until I read John's interview, and now I am educated on the slang term for a garotte. And he said it like it was common knowledge.
    Until this case I never even heard of a 'garrote.' Twister is a new one for me (learn something new everyday).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Yep, I know. According to him, he couldn't speak or understand Spanish.
    Thanks for the applause!!!
    Interesting...wasn't there a video or manual for a stun gun in Spanish found in the R home? I believe there was, and JR admitted as much, but said they couldn't have used it because they didn't speak Spanish.

    I never heard the term "twister" used for garrote or any strangulation device. When I hear that word, I think of a tornado or the game "Twister".

    But then, he should know...
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Interesting...wasn't there a video or manual for a stun gun in Spanish found in the R home? I believe there was, and JR admitted as much, but said they couldn't have used it because they didn't speak Spanish.

    I never heard the term "twister" used for garrote or any strangulation device. When I hear that word, I think of a tornado or the game "Twister".

    But then, he should know...
    Yes, DeeDee. I mentioned the instructional video about how to use a stun gun in post #7 above. JR got it in Fla. when he and PR were walking/shopping and he slipped into a shop that sold security items as he was interested in 'checking them out' for Access G, I believe he said. He said the salesperson handed him the video as they were leaving and he didn't even realize what it was about. He said he never even looked at it and couldn't have understood it if he had as he later found out it was in Spanish.
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    339
    But what I meant was it could go along with the pedophile group theories. Groups have slang lanuage that they use. If "twister" is what is used in their group then it could give credence to that theory. Or, if John by himself is involved with these pedophile groups, kiddie porn, etc., it may be why he knows the use of that word in that manner.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217
    And, didn't John identify the garrot as being "professional"
    How does this man know what a professional killing instrument looks like? Or that a slang term for the garrot is Twister.
    To me the word Twister sounds like a explaination of what was done with the garrot. Why didn't he call it a "choker?"
    jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    And, didn't John identify the garrot as being "professional"
    How does this man know what a professional killing instrument looks like? Or that a slang term for the garrot is Twister.
    To me the word Twister sounds like a explaination of what was done with the garrot. Why didn't he call it a "choker?"
    jmo
    Probably because Patsy told him that a 'choker' was a diamond necklace from Tiffany that he must buy her for Christmas...
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
    But what I meant was it could go along with the pedophile group theories. Groups have slang lanuage that they use. If "twister" is what is used in their group then it could give credence to that theory. Or, if John by himself is involved with these pedophile groups, kiddie porn, etc., it may be why he knows the use of that word in that manner.
    I have a brother you'd get along with swimmingly.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY GA - Rachel L., mother of 5, engaged in drinking, sex and "naked Twister" w/teens
    By KEVINinTO in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 06:39 PM