1290 users online (246 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    The couple definitely look Mediterrenean: French, Spanish, Portuguese. But what about Israeli? I've met a lot of young Israelis with similar builds, and facial features. Does anyone know if he was circimcised? It wasnt performed in a lot of countries, including Argentina (source: family is from Argentina and I have many many Argentinian cousins there still)
    It is also not that common in a lot of Mainland European countries. It's most common in the US, Ireland, and obviously people that are Moslem or Jewish.
    Just a thought.
    Also, he reminds me of Lyle Stevik colouring wise, cleft chin, height and build. Can't find a picture if Jock Doe also had attached earlobes and shovel teeth. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Tear Drop e-mailed me a couple more photos of the Sumpter County Jacques Doe. I told him I'd upload them to my Webshots account so that they can be posted here. (Looks like I am going to have to revise my reconstruction.)

I'm new to the this case and was drawn to it because of the recent identification of Janedoe59, found in LA and from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Canada's Fifth Estate program is featuring the very old case, and they are trying to find "Jean", the man that Reet (Janedoe59) was going to meet in the u.s.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/4...eath-1.3752816

The Fifth Estate facebook link on this case and their search for POI "Jean"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=132222319406
    Last edited by Wondergirl; 09-15-2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Add 5th Estate FB Link

Also - I'm very confused by the different "looks" of the male UID in this case.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    The couple definitely look Mediterrenean: French, Spanish, Portuguese. But what about Israeli? I've met a lot of young Israelis with similar builds, and facial features.
    All Jewish and Druze Israeli men are required to serve in the IDF (arabs, both Moslem and Christian can volunteer, but outside of Bedouins, this is rare).

Anyways, it is fairly common for Israeli men to go on long vacations once they complete their service. This can include back packing around India, Africa and Asia, hitch hiking etc. So, the manner in which the couple was found could indicate a vacationing Israeli serviceman after his mandatory service.

At the same time, the Israelis also have a mandatory reserve system. That system was probably very rigidly enforced in the 1970s. Thus, if he did not return to Israel and report to his reserve unit, I think that he would have been missed quickly. My guess is that somebody would have went by his family to see what his vacation plans were and also to inquire if he emigrated and was thus no longer living in Israel (name then removed from reservist list).

So, I think it is less likely that he would be Israeli. I would suggest that the couple could be Roma / Gypsy as they tend to have Mediterranean looks, but the expensive dental work would seem to make this less likely. Then again, I imagine that not all gypsies are poor and some my come into money quickly- maybe spend it catching up on dental work?

Since the couple was not robbed, maybe they were killed as part of an internal gypsy feud? My understanding though is that while feuds between gypsies do occur (usually over what family or clan can or cannot operate traditional gypsy businesses both legal and illegal as well as fortune telling places in city "X", deadly violence amongst Gypsies is rare, but cant be ruled out.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 09-15-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm new to the this case and was drawn to it because of the recent identification of Janedoe59, found in LA and from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Canada's Fifth Estate program is featuring the very old case, and they are trying to find "Jean", the man that Reet (Janedoe59) was going to meet in the u.s.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/4...eath-1.3752816

The Fifth Estate facebook link on this case and their search for POI "Jean"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=132222319406
    I turned it into the 5th Estate when Dot 1st posted about the resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Also - I'm very confused by the different "looks" of the male UID in this case.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Just about everyone that has seen the pics feels the same way.

This case reminds me of the murdered couple in AK/MO back in 1978. Possible hitchhikers..trucking interstate..and gunshot to head and neck. Im thinking trucker serial killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetluv View Post
    This case reminds me of the murdered couple in AK/MO back in 1978. Possible hitchhikers..trucking interstate..and gunshot to head and neck. Im thinking trucker serial killer?
    I personally don't think they were related.

Has anyone looked into Richard henry jones
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think itís a very good possibility that Jock Doe is Richard Jones. See the Richard Henry Jones post.

To me, they look decidedly Italian. Here in Chicago I grew up with numerous people who had moved here directly from Italy; some of my Italian friends would bring me sterling silver rings from Italy when they went back yearly to visit their relatives ("She was wearing three sterling silver rings described as Indian or Mexican costume jewelry") - these rings, which I still have, could easily be mistaken for Mexican jewelry.

Their facial structures look extremely similar when compared the bridge of the nose, to lips, to the eyebrows, they are most defiantly related.
    Who killed Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledCactys View Post
    Their facial structures look extremely similar when compared the bridge of the nose, to lips, to the eyebrows, they are most defiantly related.
    They do look similar, but they aren't related according to their DNA test results. I believe they come from the same ethnic background and that's why they look so similar to each other.
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledCactys View Post
    One of the articles references a sister still alive - can they not get her DNA to compare with Jock Doe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12