775 users online (113 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    No probs, Letsthink...I really hope someone, someday recognises them--it's really bugging me to bits!

Also, I was thinking about that isotope test...would be great, were it possible.

And yeah...wish they'd hurry up with that DNA test...I'm sure I read on here that it was sent in 2007 to a lab in Texas that is backlogged with requests...frustrating!
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

I know this might sound silly, but is it possible they could be Spanish. Can you guys see a European look about them, especially a Spanish look?

Just a suggestion

I also realised something about John Doe's ring, that there are three names on it. I remember reading up on Spanish culture and they generally have three names, usually the first name and two surnames. I think the first surname tend to be the mothers maiden name.

Anyway, I realised that I may have posted in the wrong thread. So please feel free to move this post the correct one. I am still a newbie around here, so i was not sure where to post.

These suggestions may not be much help to you guys, but I just wanted to share my thoughts in case it does help?

I believe (based on looking at the photographs) that this was a Canadian couple. Her underarms and legs were not shaven. Neither was wearing underwear (sounds wierd but is fairly common in Canada/Europe). Also, there was no personal effects found with them so it seems to me this was a robbery. Also, the gun was found. Even though the serial number had been filed off, I wonder if they can do etch work (or have done) to reveal it. If the guy from the KOA campground was for real, I wonder why he took so long to come forward? Also, if it is true, and the young man's name was Jacques, and he was from Canada, it would imply Quebec or at least eastern Canada. If they did, in fact, come across country through Nebraska and across to SC, they would have passed through a lot of Indian territory which would explain her jewelry and the matchbooks in his pocket. I think it's pretty clear they were hitchhiking.

This case has always bothered me. Even if his parents had disowned him, my God, wouldn't you want to at the very least identify your dead son??
    John 3:16

Everyday it is my fervent prayer that these cases are solved

Thanks for explaining some facts about their case to me. I didn't know this beore I posted. I agree, I don't understand why their parents at least didn't come forward, even if they were adopted, someone still should have came forward. Very puzzling case...

Just temporary visit.

Maria Vasquez Buenos Aires, missing with boyfriend or brother, since 14 May 1976
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lizza View Post
    Just temporary visit.

Maria Vasquez Buenos Aires, missing with boyfriend or brother, since 14 May 1976

Very interesting! Would you please post a link. Thanks.

Wow, she looks like a match!
    Love never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizza View Post
    Just temporary visit.

Hi you're not referring to this Maria Vasquez from Buenos Aires are you ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ts/1752960.stm

If you are she has been found dead but before she died she gave birth and her son was adopted out.
    If you are not referring to her then WOW what are the chances of two girls same name same time going missing ! spooky

WOW!!!! That's the closest match I've ever seen!!! I hope the one that's been found isn't her. It would be great to solve this.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

More pictures here of both Maria Marta Vasques & her husband Cesar Amadeo Lugones: http://www.memoriaabierta.org.ar/pancartas/13556.jpg
    http://www.desaparecidos.org/arg/victimas/lugones/

"Servini de Cubria is also investigating the location of a third child, the son of María Vásquez Ocampo y César Amadeo Lugones. Both Vásquez Ocampo and Amadeo Lugones were seen at the ESMA. Vásquez Ocampo was two months pregnant when she was kidnapped, and gave birth to a baby boy in December 1976, according to the testimony of former navy captain Alfredo Scilingo."

Some more info about MV & CAL from : http://eaaf.typepad.com/pdf/1996_199...ntina96_97.pdf

Also, google books has an account of their apprehension: http://books.google.com/books?id=NtZ...um=7&ct=result

"An ESMA task force kinapped Monica Mignone the daughter of Lanusse's former education minister, Emilio Mignone, on May 14th 1976. She had been doing Catholic charity work in one of Buenos Aires's slums and also holding a consciousness-raising classes for the poor. On the same day another task-force picked up Maria Vasquez Ocampo, daughter of a diplomat and one of Maria's coworkers, as well as her husband, Cesar Aedeo Lugones....All attempts to locate these women by their fathers was frustrated."

Theoretically, as it was known to have happened at least once, I wonder if Maria and Amadeo might have escaped from the ESMA detention center, or possibly bribed their way out. The resemblance is eerie. This would be an even more tragic ending than I think anyone could have ever imagined. I know it would be unbelievable, unbelievable that they escaped death in Argentina only to be killed in the United States, but I will go on record now that I think this very well could be a match.
    Last edited by MaedchenX; 11-27-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Wow, Maria really does look like Jane Doe. I wish we could see a closer picture to see if she has the moles that were so prominent on Jane Doe's face. I am trying to picture her boyfriend with longer hair and w/o glasses to see a better resemblance to John Doe.

Someone e-mailed me a long time ago about the Dirty War in Argentina going on in the 70s, and a possible connection to the Mystery Couple. I never had a chance to look into further. I did say a long time ago though that I thought both of them had a South American look to them. I just haven't searched much in that area because of the comment John Doe made to the guy at the KOA Campground about being from Canada. Of course, that doesn't mean it's necessarily true, it could have just been a story he told the guy.

Good find about Maria.
    Last edited by MaryLiz; 11-27-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added a sentence
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Okay, I'm not sure what all this says but when I looked up Cesar's name and images, this is what came up.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7SUNA%26sa%3DN
    Last edited by prd2bokie; 11-27-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Forgot to post link.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

I checked it out some more and I don't think it means anything.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by prd2bokie View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what all this says but when I looked up Cesar's name and images, this is what came up.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7SUNA%26sa%3DN
    Hi PRD, the first link of my post is to the page on Maria & Cesar that is listed at that particular site, which appears to be a commemoration of victims. If you scroll down you will see the names listed along side of the images, the man on the blue posterboard is not Cesar Amadeo Lugones but Ricardo Cesar Poce. Just to clarify

The link for Maria & her Cesar at that same site is here (http://www.memoriaabierta.org.ar/pancartas/13556.jpg)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast