Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellowdog,
You make a very good point about the purse.

I know kids will be kids and kids are different across the USA; however, from all reports about Taylor and Skyla, they were the cream of the crop. Good students, sweet, nice, etc. I just don't see them doing or carrying drugs or drug money.

No, they probably weren't as innocent or sheltered as perhaps I would like to believe, but given their descriptions, I've always thought it a stretch to suggest they were somehow involved with drugs or drug money of any sort.

Another thing that bothers me is:

How do we know when the girls left the house? If the Plackers weren't at home, who's to say they hadn't been gone for quite awhile. Their stomachs didn't have food in them.
I also wonder if they could have quietly sneaked out the night before and gotten into some mischief. Early reports said Taylor slept in a sleeping bag in front of the TV. Or I've even thought of the possibility that something could have happened within the house and they were running away when they were killed. This case is so weird.

All of the cases are weird lately, YellowDog!

I think it was Skyla that would sleep in front of the TV in a sleeping bag. Her Dad talked about looking over to see her there, and she wasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor did it, as well!

Hi, EnvoyDriver61!

I know kids will be kids and kids are different across the USA; however, from all reports about Taylor and Skyla, they were the cream of the crop. Good students, sweet, nice, etc. I just don't see them doing or carrying drugs or drug money.

No, they probably weren't as innocent or sheltered as perhaps I would like to believe, but given their descriptions, I've always thought it a stretch to suggest they were somehow involved with drugs or drug money of any sort.
Hi, Envoy - I agree with your observations completely.

How do we know when the girls left the house? If the Plackers weren't at home, who's to say they hadn't been gone for quite awhile. Their stomachs didn't have food in them.
I also wonder if they could have quietly sneaked out the night before and gotten into some mischief. Early reports said Taylor slept in a sleeping bag in front of the TV. Or I've even thought of the possibility that something could have happened within the house and they were running away when they were killed. This case is so weird.
I was wondering the same thing.It's possible that the girls had been gone longer,even if one of them called to check in w/ a family member,they could have called from anywhere.It is odd that there was no food contents in their stomachs,nothing at all.No urine in their bladders either.They either voided after the attack or had little to drink.I was wondering if any tire tread casts were taken from the driveway at the house.It's possible the killer/killers were at the house first.
Has anybody else thought that who ever murdered these girls, could be someone who has done alot of deer hunting?Deer hunters tend to go for lung/heart shots,to get a lethal shot at their target.Sometimes,if the deer doesn't die right away,and hunter will use a handgun to shoot the deer in the head.The killer could have used their experience from hunting.MOO.

Well Rose said she talked with Skyla at 4:30 and they were at Taylor's home. So it had to be after then and when Rose tried to call again 5:08 there was no answer and she called PP and he tried to call Taylor around 5:10. And the witnesses said they heard the gun shots around 5:15. So even if they left shortly after talking with Rose that would give them around 45 minutes on the road. Since there was no answer by 5:08...... I think they were dead by then.

The guy on YouTube said it would take 15 minutes to walk to the bridge and then 15 minutes back. He also says they did not stay at the bridge long but I don't find that unusual. If that was their target when they got there they could have just swung around and started back.

I don't think they were delivering anything. The bag was still on Taylor's shoulder and I think it was nothing but girly stuff in there. If the guys grabbed the purse to get the contents then the purse would have been beside their bodies not still on Taylor's shoulder imo.

imoo

I think it is very normal for kids to get sleeping bags out and put them in the living room to watch tv or whatever. I don't see anything odd about that at all and it was Skyla who did that so her father said.

A lot of kids especially girls will not eat right. I guess they think they will gain weight.

I think all was normal and a typical Sunday until they ventured out on that dirt road for a walk on a Sunday afternoon. I don't think they had a clue this was going to happen or that they would meet the killers on that road they had walked down before.

This case still smells of young killers maybe with the leader being a little older than them. They are impulsive, reckless and lethal.

imoo

Here's something that I keep remembering- Taylor's little dog was found at the bridge the next day. I can't believe that that tiny little thing ran/walked/toddled all the way back to the bridge instead of heading for the driveway a short distance ahead. That dog was put or left at the bridge by someone. (IMO). I can just imagine some smart aleck youth taking the dog from Taylor and laughing when she protested. I believe that this is a major clue as to the nature of the crime.

How do we know when the girls left the house?
If the Plackers weren't at home, who's to say they hadn't been gone for quite awhile.
Their stomachs didn't have food in them.

I also wonder if they could have quietly sneaked out the night before and gotten into some mischief.
Early reports said Taylor slept in a sleeping bag in front of the TV.

Or I've even thought of the possibility that something could have happened within the house and they were running away when they were killed.
This case is so weird......

Yellow Dog, All very good questions that need answers...

I have never understood why on a sunday the girls had not eaten in 12 hours.....it's very unusual in my family to not have breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

I have also thought T. sleeping in a sleeping-bag seems suspicious, as if a way to protect herself. Now and then seems o.k... BUT all the time, seems strange to me!.....Had some other person moved into her bedroom?.

No one has said WHO was at the P. house that Sunday.

Something could have happened and the girls was waiting for Rose, possibly because someone very negative was at the P. house.

Could the killer been at the P. house that day looking for someone or something ???

Another possibility is, someone at the P. house got into a bad argument/fight/maybe drugs involved/,
with a male, and that person, upon leaving the P. house mad, shot the girls to get back at the person they were arguing with.

I question WHY P.P. lied about getting the cell phone from Taylor's pocket and making the 911 call, the reason behind this should be looked at more closely.
Maybe he was 'covering' for checking T.'s Purse for 'something' ....jmo

Here's something that I keep remembering- Taylor's little dog was found at the bridge the next day.
I can't believe that that tiny little thing ran/walked/toddled all the way back to the bridge instead of heading for the driveway a short distance ahead.

That dog was put or left at the bridge by someone. (IMO).
I can just imagine some smart aleck youth taking the dog from Taylor and laughing when she protested.
I believe that this is a major clue as to the nature of the crime....

Morag, I agree...
Why would the little dog run 1/2 to 3/4 mile toward the bridge and stay there all night, when it could have ran home and hid on the porch or in T.'s playhouse, or got with the other dogs at the house and slept with them????
It doesn't make sense, dogs are smarter than that and they are 'pack' animals.

I agree with your point, the little dog could have been somewhere else and dropped off at the bridge later that night or early morning...or escaped and got to the bridge on it's way home..

~snip~

This case still smells of young killers maybe with the leader being a little older than them. They are impulsive, reckless and lethal.

imoo

How about a Charles Starkweather, Caril Ann Fugate?

Every day I say a prayer for these girls ... I'd give anything for closure.

Yellow Dog, All very good questions that need answers...

I have never understood why on a sunday the girls had not eaten in 12 hours.....it's very unusual in my family to not have breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

I have also thought T. sleeping in a sleeping-bag seems suspicious, as if a way to protect herself. Now and then seems o.k... BUT all the time, seems strange to me!.....Had some other person moved into her bedroom?.

No one has said WHO was at the P. house that Sunday.

Something could have happened and the girls was waiting for Rose, possibly because someone very negative was at the P. house.

Could the killer been at the P. house that day looking for someone or something ???

Another possibility is, someone at the P. house got into a bad argument/fight/maybe drugs involved/,
with a male, and that person, upon leaving the P. house mad, shot the girls to get back at the person they were arguing with.

I question WHY P.P. lied about getting the cell phone from Taylor's pocket and making the 911 call, the reason behind this should be looked at more closely.
Maybe he was 'covering' for checking T.'s Purse for 'something' ....jmo

Hi,
I was unaware that PP had lied about calling 911. I know that his wife called, but, I also understood that there had been more than one 911 call. The call that LE released was the female. Do we know for certain who Vicki Placker was yelling at on the 911 call?

does anyone know if the show, "The Bachelor" or something like that, was on tv that day? I really would like to know this, and if so, what time did it go off? I heard that someone else heard the shots, but this was not reported. That they heard they at 5:30 or very near to that after the show went off. It could be a rumor, but I heard that and they were very adament about it.

I would not think the girls would KNOWINGLY take drugs or drug money to someone at the bridge... and its just a scenerio.... but they may have trusted an extended family member who COULD HAVE been there, and took something to someone at the bridge at 5:00, is all I am saying. I would hope no one would think I would believe the girls would KNOWINGLY do something like this! sigh

does anyone know if the show, "The Bachelor" or something like that, was on tv that day?

I really would like to know this, and if so, what time did it go off?

I heard that someone else heard the shots, but this was NOT reported.

That they heard them at 5:30 or very near to that after the show went off. It could be a rumor, but I heard that and they were very adament about it.......

Frog...Glad you mentioned this, it could be important to the 'time' line on these murders.

I tried to google the Bachelor tv shows and 65 different names came up.......What TV station was it on?

If we knew the exact name of The Bachelor show someone could possibly find when it was on TV the Sunday of June 8th.

Does the library have past TV guides?

IF these people heard the shots, the time they heard them, would be extremely important to compare with what others reported.....

Who knows, it could help solve this case...the murder 'time' being the key!

Hi,
I was unaware that PP had lied about calling 911. I know that his wife called, but, I also understood that there had been more than one 911 call. The call that LE released was the female. Do we know for certain who Vicki Placker was yelling at on the 911 call?

I think it was LE that made us think PP called 911. I believe he actually called Vicki on one of the girls' cell phone.

I believe Vicki was on her way to the scene when she called 911. The girl in the background told her, "He says they're dead."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail