817 users online (131 members and 686 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 679
  1. #16
    Ruflossn's Avatar
    Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsthink View Post
    Yellow Dog, All very good questions that need answers...

    I have never understood why on a sunday the girls had not eaten in 12 hours.....it's very unusual in my family to not have breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

    I have also thought T. sleeping in a sleeping-bag seems suspicious, as if a way to protect herself. Now and then seems o.k... BUT all the time, seems strange to me!.....Had some other person moved into her bedroom?.

    No one has said WHO was at the P. house that Sunday.

    Something could have happened and the girls was waiting for Rose, possibly because someone very negative was at the P. house.

    Could the killer been at the P. house that day looking for someone or something ???

    Another possibility is, someone at the P. house got into a bad argument/fight/maybe drugs involved/,
    with a male, and that person, upon leaving the P. house mad, shot the girls to get back at the person they were arguing with.

    I question WHY P.P. lied about getting the cell phone from Taylor's pocket and making the 911 call, the reason behind this should be looked at more closely.
    Maybe he was 'covering' for checking T.'s Purse for 'something' ....jmo
    Hi,
    I was unaware that PP had lied about calling 911. I know that his wife called, but, I also understood that there had been more than one 911 call. The call that LE released was the female. Do we know for certain who Vicki Placker was yelling at on the 911 call?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    555
    does anyone know if the show, "The Bachelor" or something like that, was on tv that day? I really would like to know this, and if so, what time did it go off? I heard that someone else heard the shots, but this was not reported. That they heard they at 5:30 or very near to that after the show went off. It could be a rumor, but I heard that and they were very adament about it.

    In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I know kids will be kids and kids are different across the USA; however, from all reports about Taylor and Skyla, they were the cream of the crop. Good students, sweet, nice, etc. I just don't see them doing or carrying drugs or drug money.

    No, they probably weren't as innocent or sheltered as perhaps I would like to believe, but given their descriptions, I've always thought it a stretch to suggest they were somehow involved with drugs or drug money of any sort.
    I would not think the girls would KNOWINGLY take drugs or drug money to someone at the bridge... and its just a scenerio.... but they may have trusted an extended family member who COULD HAVE been there, and took something to someone at the bridge at 5:00, is all I am saying. I would hope no one would think I would believe the girls would KNOWINGLY do something like this! sigh
    Last edited by frogjustfrog; 09-20-2008 at 06:33 PM.

    In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    does anyone know if the show, "The Bachelor" or something like that, was on tv that day?

    I really would like to know this, and if so, what time did it go off?

    I heard that someone else heard the shots, but this was NOT reported.

    That they heard them at 5:30 or very near to that after the show went off. It could be a rumor, but I heard that and they were very adament about it.......
    Frog...Glad you mentioned this, it could be important to the 'time' line on these murders.

    I tried to google the Bachelor tv shows and 65 different names came up.......What TV station was it on?

    If we knew the exact name of The Bachelor show someone could possibly find when it was on TV the Sunday of June 8th.

    Does the library have past TV guides?

    IF these people heard the shots, the time they heard them, would be extremely important to compare with what others reported.....

    Who knows, it could help solve this case...the murder 'time' being the key!

    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruflossn View Post
    Hi,
    I was unaware that PP had lied about calling 911. I know that his wife called, but, I also understood that there had been more than one 911 call. The call that LE released was the female. Do we know for certain who Vicki Placker was yelling at on the 911 call?
    I think it was LE that made us think PP called 911. I believe he actually called Vicki on one of the girls' cell phone.

    I believe Vicki was on her way to the scene when she called 911. The girl in the background told her, "He says they're dead."

  6. #21
    Ruflossn's Avatar
    Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,024
    Frog~
    I believe that the show was on that evening. However, it was on a satellite station, not a mainstream station. It may be hard to research. The name of the show is simply titled, "The Bachelor".

    Flossie

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    I think it was LE that made us think PP called 911. I believe he actually called Vicki on one of the girls' cell phone.

    I believe Vicki was on her way to the scene when she called 911. The girl in the background told her, "He says they're dead."
    I think you are right. I think Vicki was on the phone when she was leaving their home going down the road toward the girls. She can be heard saying to someone "Run!" iirc.

    imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,908
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    How about a Charles Starkweather, Caril Ann Fugate?
    Wow, tapu, the thought of that just chills my bones.

    But yes, one older and one very willing participant.

    imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    Here's something that I keep remembering- Taylor's little dog was found at the bridge the next day. I can't believe that that tiny little thing ran/walked/toddled all the way back to the bridge instead of heading for the driveway a short distance ahead. That dog was put or left at the bridge by someone. (IMO). I can just imagine some smart aleck youth taking the dog from Taylor and laughing when she protested. I believe that this is a major clue as to the nature of the crime.


    I can see this happening..... I also really think that she put her little doggie & girlie things in her purse.

    If the girls are anything like we were growing up they probably were up late.. talking,hoping, dreaming...that is what just breaks my heart & I am starting to cry typing this.. their little dreams & plans & I wanna do this or I would never do that...
    anyway I am thinking they slept in till about noon.. but if taylor had animal chores like feeding a horse then I don't know. Do horses have to be fed in am or do you just put out the hay & sweet feed anytime & they munch?

    I also remember someone saying that evacuation time after eating in relation to their ages & metabolism might explain empty stomach contents.

    Great suggestion about tracks at Plackers but with all the confusion I highly doubt it.. I just don't think they were that precise. I still want to know about the report of a prowler being @ Plackers after the fact in the middle of the night.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Well Rose said she talked with Skyla at 4:30 and they were at Taylor's home. So it had to be after then and when Rose tried to call again 5:08 there was no answer and she called PP and he tried to call Taylor around 5:10. And the witnesses said they heard the gun shots around 5:15. So even if they left shortly after talking with Rose that would give them around 45 minutes on the road. Since there was no answer by 5:08...... I think they were dead by then.

    The guy on YouTube said it would take 15 minutes to walk to the bridge and then 15 minutes back. He also says they did not stay at the bridge long but I don't find that unusual. If that was their target when they got there they could have just swung around and started back.

    I don't think they were delivering anything. The bag was still on Taylor's shoulder and I think it was nothing but girly stuff in there. If the guys grabbed the purse to get the contents then the purse would have been beside their bodies not still on Taylor's shoulder imo.

    imoo
    But couldn't they have just told Rose they were at Taylor's house, especially if they were up to something secretive?
    YellowDog

    These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.



  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsthink View Post
    Yellow Dog, All very good questions that need answers...

    I have never understood why on a sunday the girls had not eaten in 12 hours.....it's very unusual in my family to not have breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

    I have also thought T. sleeping in a sleeping-bag seems suspicious, as if a way to protect herself. Now and then seems o.k... BUT all the time, seems strange to me!.....Had some other person moved into her bedroom?.

    No one has said WHO was at the P. house that Sunday.

    Something could have happened and the girls was waiting for Rose, possibly because someone very negative was at the P. house.

    Could the killer been at the P. house that day looking for someone or something ???

    Another possibility is, someone at the P. house got into a bad argument/fight/maybe drugs involved/,
    with a male, and that person, upon leaving the P. house mad, shot the girls to get back at the person they were arguing with.

    I question WHY P.P. lied about getting the cell phone from Taylor's pocket and making the 911 call, the reason behind this should be looked at more closely.
    Maybe he was 'covering' for checking T.'s Purse for 'something' ....jmo


    Good ideas, Letsthink. I keep coming back to Uncle Joe who was so visible right after the murders. Was he trying to deflect attention from himself? Could he have known the girls were home alone and paid a visit, the girls got scared and ran off, he pursued them and............

    Or could they have been paid to unknowingly serve as mules delivering drugs to someone?

    Someone in that area knows more than they're telling and I suspect it's because they are involved in some way even if it's not the killing.
    YellowDog

    These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.


  12. #27
    Lauren - CA's Avatar
    Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    But couldn't they have just told Rose they were at Taylor's house, especially if they were up to something secretive?
    Yes YD they could have. Especially if Taylor's gp's were strict with her, she could have been testing them especially if they were not at home. How easy could that have been? The People magazine article indicates they were recently allowing her to "spread her wings".

  13. #28
    Lauren - CA's Avatar
    Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Good ideas, Letsthink. I keep coming back to Uncle Joe who was so visible right after the murders. Was he trying to deflect attention from himself? Could he have known the girls were home alone and paid a visit, the girls got scared and ran off, he pursued them and............

    Or could they have been paid to unknowingly serve as mules delivering drugs to someone?

    Someone in that area knows more than they're telling and I suspect it's because they are involved in some way even if it's not the killing.
    The whole "Uncle Joe" thing has really bothered me from day one. Very good point about them wanting to leave the house especially if they felt uncomfortable around Uncle Joe. But why would he stay that long at the house if no one was home? Has it ever been proven that anyone else was in the house at the time of the murders?

    I completely agree with your last statement. Someone does know something. Why else would they resort to play an excerpt from that 911 tape?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,312
    This was in the Crimes thread on the front page.. maybe this kind of testing could help with case...
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71328

    technical aspects of new procedure:
    http://pda.physorg.com/lofi-news-sweat-processed-bond_140762564.html
    "New study will make criminals sweat
    Dr John Bond, a researcher at the University of Leicester, has developed a method that enables scientists to 'visualise fingerprints' even after the print itself has been removed. He and colleagues conducted a study into the way fingerprints can corrode metal surfaces. The technique can enhance – after firing– a fingerprint that has been deposited on a small calibre metal cartridge case before it is fired." ... snip.... goes on to explain how salts excreted through fingertip pores are detected & an
    "indirect link therefore between obesity and the chances of being caught of a crime. "Other research has drawn links between processed foods and obesity and we know that consumers of processed foods will leave better fingerprints," he said. " ... thus the title of the article.

    more:
    Fingerprint Breakthrough Hope In US Double Murder Probe
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080827102738.htm
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    does anyone know if the show, "The Bachelor" or something like that, was on tv that day? I really would like to know this, and if so, what time did it go off? I heard that someone else heard the shots, but this was not reported. That they heard they at 5:30 or very near to that after the show went off. It could be a rumor, but I heard that and they were very adament about it.
    I believe "The Bachelor" didn't come on until 8:00 where I live.
    YellowDog

    These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.


Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20
    By GetSmart in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 631
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 12:28 AM
  2. Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12
    By christine2448 in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 490
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
  3. Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #6
    By CW in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 462
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
  4. Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #5
    By Littledeer in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 487
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
  5. Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #4
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread