1247 users online (175 members and 1072 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
    Every day I say a prayer for these girls ... I'd give anything for closure.
    OT but wanted to mention pics to CM

I want to tell you, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous! can I save them?
    I have never gotten into the Casey case. I am just too soft hearted. I wish I didnt hurt so easily, but I do. Well, about things like this, I do. This is why I have never sleuthed, and probably never will again. It just makes my heart break!

And every day, I too pray for them ALL!

In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    But couldn't they have just told Rose they were at Taylor's house, especially if they were up to something secretive?
    I really don't know, YD. I am just going by what Rose was supposed to have said. Maybe the Plackers have a land line and she called there? Maybe she could hear the tv playing in the background or something?

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Good ideas, Letsthink. I keep coming back to Uncle Joe who was so visible right after the murders. Was he trying to deflect attention from himself? Could he have known the girls were home alone and paid a visit, the girls got scared and ran off, he pursued them and............

Or could they have been paid to unknowingly serve as mules delivering drugs to someone?

Someone in that area knows more than they're telling and I suspect it's because they are involved in some way even if it's not the killing.
    But isn't he Vicki's own brother in law or brother? I would think he would be one of the first ones down there knowing it involved one of his nieces.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    This was in the Crimes thread on the front page.. maybe this kind of testing could help with case...
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71328

technical aspects of new procedure:
    http://pda.physorg.com/lofi-news-sweat-processed-bond_140762564.html
    "New study will make criminals sweat
    Dr John Bond, a researcher at the University of Leicester, has developed a method that enables scientists to 'visualise fingerprints' even after the print itself has been removed. He and colleagues conducted a study into the way fingerprints can corrode metal surfaces. The technique can enhance – after firing– a fingerprint that has been deposited on a small calibre metal cartridge case before it is fired." ... snip.... goes on to explain how salts excreted through fingertip pores are detected & an
    "indirect link therefore between obesity and the chances of being caught of a crime. "Other research has drawn links between processed foods and obesity and we know that consumers of processed foods will leave better fingerprints," he said. " ... thus the title of the article.

more:
    Fingerprint Breakthrough Hope In US Double Murder Probe
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080827102738.htm
    I wonder if OSBI is familiar with this new test and the testing of touch DNA too?

Maybe you should forward it to them, GS. Sure wouldnt hurt.

The Bachelor comes on here (Tulsa area) about 8:00 p.m. on ABC. An old rerun may have been on a cable station at that time of day but I have never seen it. We have a tv guide type of thing that comes out in print for the week in every Sunday paper of the Tulsa World. I can't think of what it is called off hand but will know tomorrow when I get one. I would think they would have an archived listing - it wasn't that long ago. It shows cable stations also.

I'm not positive that was the show she was talking about, but the person who told me said it was a show about a guy who picks a girl from a bunch of girls, and it's real popular. So I am assuming that it was The Bachelor. Anyway.... she said the friend watched the show, and then when it was over, went outside, and heard the gunshots. So it was very near to 5:30, give or take a few minutes depending on if any commercials came on after the show before 5:30. It could have been 5 minutes before or after, but she swears she heard them. I havent found out what she said they sounded like, but I will try to. so........... if this is correct, the girls were shot right at 5:30 give or take prob 5 min at the most....unless someone is fibbing, and I didnt take it that way.

"Keep the Faith!"

Hey guys this is my first post in this forum, Do you all think the sketch of the POI is a real person that was actually seen there or someone that the "witnesses" made up to throw LE off
    Breast Cancer Survivor....8 years
    Get your mammograms ladies,they save lives!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by black poodle View Post
    Hey guys this is my first post in this forum, Do you all think the sketch of the POI is a real person that was actually seen there or someone that the "witnesses" made up to throw LE off
    Hi Black Poodle! Your nic reminds me of my precious little dog, Ruffles.

I do think he fits into the case somehow but I am not sure where.

The artist said he interviewed several witnesses that helped him with the composite sketch.

imo

Ot

Oh My Gosh I love your avitar Black poodle.
    I loooove poodles and had 3 of them until just recently.
    Oh and Welcome to WS

Quote Originally Posted by black poodle View Post
    I know for a fact he was actually seen... but may not look much like the sketch. Oh... and welcome to this forum. =)

"Keep the Faith!"

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    This was in the Crimes thread on the front page.. maybe this kind of testing could help with case...
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71328

technical aspects of new procedure:
    http://pda.physorg.com/lofi-news-sweat-processed-bond_140762564.html
    "New study will make criminals sweat
    Dr John Bond, a researcher at the University of Leicester, has developed a method that enables scientists to 'visualise fingerprints' even after the print itself has been removed. He and colleagues conducted a study into the way fingerprints can corrode metal surfaces. The technique can enhance – after firing– a fingerprint that has been deposited on a small calibre metal cartridge case before it is fired." ... snip.... goes on to explain how salts excreted through fingertip pores are detected & an
    "indirect link therefore between obesity and the chances of being caught of a crime. "Other research has drawn links between processed foods and obesity and we know that consumers of processed foods will leave better fingerprints," he said. " ... thus the title of the article.

more:
    Fingerprint Breakthrough Hope In US Double Murder Probe
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080827102738.htm
    GS, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    I'm not positive that was the show she was talking about, but the person who told me said it was a show about a guy who picks a girl from a bunch of girls, and it's real popular. So I am assuming that it was The Bachelor. Anyway.... she said the friend watched the show, and then when it was over, went outside, and heard the gunshots. So it was very near to 5:30, give or take a few minutes depending on if any commercials came on after the show before 5:30. It could have been 5 minutes before or after, but she swears she heard them. I havent found out what she said they sounded like, but I will try to. so........... if this is correct, the girls were shot right at 5:30 give or take prob 5 min at the most....unless someone is fibbing, and I didnt take it that way.
    Frog, thanks for the info. Since the autopsy reports say the girls were found at 5:21PM, combined with Ocean's earlier post about unanswered calls to the girls at 5:08 & 5:10, is it possible the show ended at 5:00 and not 5:30?

Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    I know for a fact he was actually seen... but may not look much like the sketch. Oh... and welcome to this forum. =)
    Frog, can you share any more info about this?

Good ideas, Letsthink. I keep coming back to Uncle Joe who was so visible right after the murders.
    Was he trying to deflect attention from himself?
    Could he have known the girls were home alone and paid a visit, the girls got scared and ran off, he pursued them and............

Or could they have been paid to unknowingly serve as mules delivering drugs to someone?

Someone in that area knows more than they're telling and I suspect it's because they are involved in some way even if it's not the killing.....
    YellowDog...good points!
    I have always had questions about Uncle J. seeing the girls on the road before the shooting. Like, what time, where was he going, did he stop etc. etc?
    Where was Uncle J. when the girls was found?

What did the 'customers" think/ feel about Uncle going to the restaurant at 4:00 AM talking about the murders? Many unanswered questions!

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Quote Originally Posted by Letsthink View Post
    YellowDog...good points!
    I have always had questions about Uncle J. seeing the girls on the road before the shooting. Like, what time, where was he going, did he stop etc. etc?
    Where was Uncle J. when the girls was found?

What did the 'customers" think/ feel about Uncle going to the restaurant at 4:00 AM talking about the murders? Many unanswered questions!
    In my opinion, he was just a little too visible after the murders were discovered and seemed to show up on TV quite a bit and was quoted several times.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast