997 users online (220 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CT - Wyatt Matteau, 2, dies after finding loaded gun, Jewett City, 28 Aug 2008

Once again folks - we have mother of the year award.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,425302,00.html

Court documents show that moments before a Jewett City toddler fatally shot himself, his mother warned him not to touch his father's gun because of the "bad boo boos" it could cause.

An arrest affidavit details how 2-year-old Wyatt Matteau grabbed the gun from a nightstand and shot himself in the eye while his mother was in the bathroom.

So instead of actually locking up the gun away from a 2 years hands and also not have it laying around fully loaded, she just gives the little guy a 'warning'. Wow, her brains should be all over the floor.

Thankfully the parents are charged, at least they may serve some jail time for being absolute idiots.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

RIP baby Wyatt. That woman needs to be ***** slapped.

Wow. What an idiot. Who could expect a 2 year old to understand those dangers logically and put the gun away? And why the heck did they have the gun not locked up with a toddler in the house in the first place? Ugh. RIP little Wyatt.

Myspace

Becky Mattueau's Myspace is private, but there's a photograph of lil Wyatt on there with his baby sister.

What an incredibly awful thing to happen to this poor little boy. Senseless.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=59923230

Here is a good article with the uncle of the little boy: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/...ents-about-gun

Absolutely heartbreaking.

proudmomma is offline R.I.P. Sweet Caylee Marie, You Deserved So Much Better.
    so sad
    RIP sweet baby boy ...

JUSTICE
    For Travis Alexander!!
    Everything I Type Is IMO
    Unless Otherwise Stated.

I just hope they no longer have their 4 month old either!!! I'm sorry, no parent deserves to keep their children when they've shown complete incompetence towards the safety of their own children. This was a completely avoidable death. Just infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Becky Mattueau's Myspace is private, but there's a photograph of lil Wyatt on there with his baby sister.

What an incredibly awful thing to happen to this poor little boy. Senseless.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=59923230
    I can't believe that she is on myspace! I would not be able to function if something happened to my baby. And it says how much she loves him, if she loved him that much the dummy should have taken the gun and locked it up!!!

unbelievable. she logged on today and posted that she's distraught. yah, ummm, gee, i wunder why?! distraught. Soon I hope you'll be without your other kid as well. give me a break. no sympathy on this lady's end. sorry.

This is so incredibly sad. WTF is wrong with people? Who in their right mind leaves a loaded gun on a nightstand with young children around? This could have been avoided. I hope they take the younger child and put her with caring cautious parents.

Rip little angel.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    Here is a good article with the uncle of the little boy: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/...ents-about-gun

Absolutely heartbreaking.
    According to the Uncle, she (mom) was afraid of the gun.... she had called him once before to move the gun that was left out.

The article states the father is a trained EMT and firefighter... This really gets me... being an EMT/firefighter he knew what gun wounds looked like... and yet he left a gun on the night stand EVERY night?!?! He negligently would leave it out with a toddler around?!?

I hope they both get the book thrown at them. This mom should have thrown out those guns, and this "dad" should have known better than keeping a gun out with little babies around.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    According to the Uncle, she (mom) was afraid of the gun.... she had called him once before to move the gun that was left out.

The article states the father is a trained EMT and firefighter... This really gets me... being an EMT/firefighter he knew what gun wounds looked like... and yet he left a gun on the night stand EVERY night?!?! He negligently would leave it out with a toddler around?!?

I hope they both get the book thrown at them. This mom should have thrown out those guns, and this "dad" should have known better than keeping a gun out with little babies around.
    You are absolutely right. The LEOs in my family who are required to have their service weapon in the home with them are so incredibly careful with it that I cannot believe this man would leave it out so recklessly. I hope both parents are charged. Even if the mother were afraid of the gun, she was not afraid of her child and could have removed him from the room before leaving him unattended to go to the bathroom. Or she could have done what I and millions of other moms have done throughout history and surrender our privacy to ensure the safety of our babies - she could have just taken him with her.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    You are absolutely right. The LEOs in my family who are required to have their service weapon in the home with them are so incredibly careful with it that I cannot believe this man would leave it out so recklessly. I hope both parents are charged. Even if the mother were afraid of the gun, she was not afraid of her child and could have removed him from the room before leaving him unattended to go to the bathroom. Or she could have done what I and millions of other moms have done throughout history and surrender our privacy to ensure the safety of our babies - she could have just taken him with her.
    Ditto -- my fiance is required to have a gun for his job, and he keeps the safety on at all times. the gun is kept in a lunchbox, which is inside of another box that is locked, in the closet, on the top shelf.

A firefighter left a loaded gun in a drawer where kids could get at it?

There's something not right about that. I'd think a fireman would be a responsible gun owner. Count me in with those who either have guns or grew up with guns in the home. The only time we ever saw a gun on my dad was when it was in his holster and he was walking out the door or coming in.

The parents of this little boy are due in court on October 1st.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast