966 users online (204 members and 762 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Kaitlin Bacile, 5, Wellington, 20 Sept 2008 - Autistic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...20missing.htmlautistic

Missing autistic little girl, five years old.

Kaitlin is 3 feet 5 inches tall, weighs about 50 pounds and has shoulder-length black hair.
    She was last seen wearing a white t-shirt with pink sleeves, pink shorts, and no shoes.
    Investigators encourage anyone with information on Kaitlin's whereabouts to call PBSO at 561-688-3400.

5 years old

I wonder if she has been known to wander away before? My nephew is autistic, and if he is outside and catches sight of something, like a leaf blowing in the road, he would follow it for miles.

I was so sorry to hear the little girl was found dead in the pond! Very sad this happened. There is no further news about whether is was simply an accident or otherwise

I feel sick over any missing child.. or adult, for that matter. But my son is Autistic and just turned 5.. and I know how these kids can have no thought as to their own safety. As well, they don't think about telling anybody where they're going- they just go.

I really hope this was an accident. I hope she didn't suffer - which she may have if she drowned. Poor thing. She was so cute. I just hate stories like this!!

they are still searching for her 9/21/08

Investigators encourage anyone with information on Kaitlin's whereabouts to call PBSO at 561-688-3400

Quote Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
    I was so sorry to hear the little girl was found dead in the pond! Very sad this happened. There is no further news about whether is was simply an accident or otherwise

as of the news this morning, they were still searching. I just checked the paper and did not see a story that she had been found.

I just checked, it is breaking news, she was found in a pond near her home. What I don't understand is the parents said she had left the home before like this........due to her condition and age.......could they not have given her a watch that has a tracker in it?

Here is a link to the story that does say she was found

A sad end to the search for a 5 year old girl who walked away from her Wellington home late Saturday afternoon.

http://www.examiner.com/r-2349664~Bo...ild_Found.html

Mitch, she's been found deceased in a pond near her parent's home.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLite View Post
    I just checked, it is breaking news, she was found in a pond near her home. What I don't understand is the parents said she had left the home before like this........due to her condition and age.......could they not have given her a watch that has a tracker in it?
    My son doesn't have a watch with a tracker in it. Do you know many children with Autism who do? I've never heard of it, and would imagine it isn't cheap. Though sure, it would be a great thing to have.

My son has been found outside in the driveway a couple of times, and I caught him going over a short fence into the neighbor's yard. Those instances do make a parent more vigilant, but you know- sometimes there's only but so much one can do.

It's a good idea to inform the neighbors that a child may be a "runner", so they can all be on the look-out in the instance they are able to get out of the house or yard. But again.. there's only so much one can do.

Prayers with all. So very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLite View Post
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...20missing.htmlautistic

Missing autistic little girl, five years old.

How sad and how horrible.
    I can NOT imagine.....
    Last edited by soyesterday; 09-21-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: i found the answer to my questions all over this thread :(
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

She was so cute! The article is not saying much, except she had the metal capacity of a 3.5 year old. Thinking back, I remember both of my gkids at 3.5 and they both loved water! We had to be so careful because they would just jump in, even though they couldn't swim.

And the article about the autistic boy that survived 17 hours in the ocean because water was calming to him...... just makes me think that this was a tragic accident. Poor little Kaitlan - may the angels be with her and guide her home.

Salem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast