GUILTY AR - Evangelist Tony Alamo's compound raided over child sex, abuse, Fouke, 2008

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
FOUKE, Ark. -- Federal and state agents have raided an Arkansas evangelist's headquarters as part of a child *advertiser censored* investigation.

Police and FBI agents arrived Saturday evening at the Tony Alamo Christian Ministries headquarters near Texarkana.

U.S. Attorney Bob Balfe said he expects a warrant to be issued for Alamo's arrest. State police said they encountered no resistance, and no one was arrested

More at link!

http://www.nbc10.com/news/17521662/detail.html

wow, something tells me I just watched something about this guy on TV within the past year. Wish I could remember. But definitely I've read or seen something as Tony Alamo's name strikes familiarity.

Either way, I'm so thankful that LE is watching groups like this.

Okie dokie, now I remember where I saw this on TV. IT was a Dr. Phil show. Don't know when or how long ago but definitely Dr. Phil. I wonder if his show assisted in anyway in laying a formal complaint on behalf of former members he may have interviewed. He is by law, required to report any child abuse even if the 'child' is now an adult. hummmm interesting.

Gettem LE! These creeps HAVE TO STOP!

There's always been lots of (well-deserved) controversy surrounding Tony Alamo. He and his late wife had a television show years ago.
IR127_alamo_01.jpg

More info at link:
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?pid=1443

From California, this guy has been trying to find his kids and fight their mother for custody for 10 years. He's very worried now that the girls are old enough to be married:

"When Anthony Lane heard the FBI was storming the Tony Alamo compound, he and his wife Lynn grabbed their baby girl and headed to Fouke.

"It's been over a decade. I've never even seen my boy," said Lane.

Lane says the Tony Alamo church has robbed him of seeing his three children grow up. He has only a few photos of his kids that were emailed to him by an ex-church members.

"I went down there humbly on my knees begging them to let me see my kids and they said you'll never see your kids again," Lane said.

Given his experiences at the church, Lane says it's disturbing to know his children are part of the Alamo ministry. "I was kicked out for coming against Tony's teachings. There were several different reasons. For example, the wedding I'd seen of a 13 year old girl to a 35 year old man."

Lane believes his children are still in one of Alamo's churches with their mother, a woman Lane lived with for nine years but had never legall married.

He says the raid doesn't mean he'll get his kids back but it is a giant step closer to the outcome he's been praying for all along.

It's still not known if any of the six children in state custody belong to Lane. He has hired an attorney to seek legal action against their mother."

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Father-hopes-to-see-his-children-after-Alamo-raid-in-Fouke-17545/

Here's some more on this father and a bit of the mother's response:

"Six children remain in temporary state custody following Saturday's raid of the Tony Alamo Christian Church by state and federal agents.
No arrests have been made, but for Anthony Lane, he's hoping these events will move him one step closer to being reunited with his three children, who he hasn't seen in more than a decade.
"Oh, I jumped up. I never moved so fast," Lane said. Lane says it was all he and his wife, Lynne, could do to maintain their composure as they learned of the raid at the Fouke compound.
"We grabbed the baby, ran out the door and didn't have no bottles," he said. "So we had to turn around and get 'em. We were just so excited."
Excited because for the past 10 years, Lane says he's been trying to reunite with his three children: Ashley (13), Sarah (11) and Timothy, a nine-year-old son he's never seen.
Lane recalls the last time he saw Ashley. He says it was outside Alamo's Fort Smith church.
"Two little girls came up to my truck to give me a tract," he said. "I asked them their names, and when my daughter said, 'Ashley,' I said, 'Ashley Marie?' I said, "How are you, baby? I'm your daddy.' And she turned around and ran back inside. She was frightened."
Lane believes the children are still in one of Alamo's churches with their mother, Leisa, a woman Lane lived with for nine years but to whom he was never legally married.
They joined the church in Oklahoma City in 1996. Lane says he was kicked out because he challenged Alamo's doctrine.
"The teachings, attitudes, belittling people," Lane said. "I saw the marriage of a 13-year-old girl to a 35, 40-year-old man."
It's a disturbing memory Lane keeps with him as he says Ashley, his oldest child, is the same age.
"It just makes me crazy to think that some old man may be molesting my children," he said.
It's a legitimate fear, given what Lane claims to have seen, and the fact that Tony Alamo confirmed his position on when women are eligible for marriage.
"Consent is puberty," Alamo said. "That's absolutely legal, the bible says."
The mother of Anthony Lane's children, Lesia Christopher, posted a response to his concerns about his daughter's potential marital status on Tony Alamo's Web site.
In it, she writes, "That's not even on her mind or anyone else's who's serving the Lord. Tony Alamo will not even allow marriage like that. She is under age!"
Today, Lane can only look at photos an ex-Alamo member sent him. They're photos of children he prays he will one day be able to see again.
"You know I'm very excited that they did raid the compound," Lane said. "But it don't mean I'm gonna get my kids back."
Lane says he's hired an attorney to seek legal action against Lesia. They are currently trying to track down her and the kids.
After Saturday's raid, he gave all his children's information to federal agents. It's not known yet know if any of the children are among the six in custody.
As for him and his wife, Lynne, they now have a one-year-old daughter, Elizabeth."

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72926&catid=2

Here's another article. In it, Anthony Lane describes the beating of children in the church.
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9069360&nav=menu50_1

Here's a bunch of blogs by Anthony Lane describing why and how he left the church and why he lost his kids to it:
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/fl/TSEMR25AFVN90T2MS

This guy seems to have gone through hell. It is very hard to locate your kids when they are swallowed by a cult and keep being moved. I wish I could find pictures of his kids - I saw them on the news. They are very sweet. Poor guy.

Thank you for your interest you can find photos of my children at www.myspace.com/roofingpage . If I know how to upload photos here I would I am new to this site and do not know how yet.
Sincerely
Anthony Lane

Thank you for your interest you can find photos of my children at www.myspace.com/roofingpage . If I know how to upload photos here I would I am new to this site and do not know how yet.
Sincerely
Anthony Lane

Hi Anthony, Please know I am so very sorry for your pain.

Unfortunately I don't know how to upload photographs here either, but WS has some awesome poeple who I am sure will help you.

Anthony, you may be able also to go to the part of the board for missing children. They are awesome over on that part of the board and helpful. Sorry I couldn't help, and again I am very sorry for your tremendous pain. Prayers going up for your children and yourself.

Hello CajunPACA-
I see you live in Slidell! I'm in the Biloxi area. Welcome to websleuths.
I'm curious about PACA. Do they have a website?

Hello CajunPACA-
I see you live in Slidell! I'm in the Biloxi area. Welcome to websleuths.
I'm curious about PACA. Do they have a website?
No I wish they did it would be so helpful. None of us know how to create one and money is a issue to. Here is some information about PACA though

PACA PACA refers to: Partnered Against Cult Activity Partnered Against Cult Activity is a growing grass roots group started in Fouke Arkansas, whose goal is to educate and inform the public to the truth behind the Tony Alamo Christian Church and to stop his church growth. This is done through information we distribute based on witness statements, court documented testimonies, newspaper articles, State and Federal reports and records. The group consist of Fouke and Texarkana residents. PACA also includes ex-members of the Tony and Susan Alamo Foundation scattered around the United States. PACA is determined also to identify and expose any city council member, local official or others whose actions imply they are enabling Alamo and his associates. The atrocities we believe they commit under the disguise of a religious society should be a concern to all intelligent adults. This includes physical abuse and polygamy with under age females. Tony Alamo Christian Church. This cult, started by the infamous Tony Alamo moved to Fouke in the 1990's after Tony Alamo was released from the federal penitentiary in Texarkana. For more information, you may write to: PACA P.O. Box 1655 Texarkana, TX 75504 e-mail - pacanfouke@yahoo.com PACA needs your help please send donations and join the fight to save the children .

Get you a peoples magazine when the new one comes out Thursday.

Dear Mr. Lane:
I'm the one who posted on a blog you posted on, asking for pictures of your kids for Websleuths. Thank you. have you heard anything yet about the welfare or whereabouts of your children since the raid and arrest of Alamo? Please continue posting here. It will help to keep interest in your story and in PACA, alive. Websleuths is a great website and the people here are relentless about advocating for victims.
Your case has touched me deeply and I hope you get some answers soon. You seem like a very strong person and a dedicated father. I will pray for you and your children. God Bless.

One more thing. Have you thought of making a Myspace page for PACA? That should be easy and cheap to do!

Ashley, Timothy and Sarah. Hopefully that worked!

PACA is not registered with the IRS as a charity.

I hope this guy can find his kids, and I will help in the sleuthing, but I won't be sending any money.

PACA is not registered with the IRS as a charity.

I hope this guy can find his kids, and I will help in the sleuthing, but I won't be sending any money.

Websleuths does not permit these kinds of requests-please do not consider the fact that the request was posted as an endorsement of the organization!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am Cajun Paca's wife and he wanted to sincerely apologize for posting the solication for PACA he would not have posted it if he realized it was against the rules. He meant well he is just so worried about his children in the Tony Alamo cult that he is tring to get the word out about this cult and the abuse that goes on there. He is very worried and concerned about his children.
There is a myspace page for PACA it is www.myspace.com/pacanfouke
Sincere Thanks

LinnLinn, welcome to websleuths. I would love to help but need more information. Has there been an investigation into the kidnapping/disappearance of CajunPaca's children? Is there any type of custody order? Have they been reported missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back