949 users online (163 members and 786 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Train Victim's Cell Kept Calling Loved Ones After He Died

Kind of eerie.

http://cms.ktla.com/pages/content_la...713&feedID=171

SIMI VALLEY -- One local family whose loved one died in the Metrolink collision is still questioning something that happened that night.
    They got several phone calls from 49-year-old Chuck Peck after the crash. But they now know he died on impact

Yes it IS kinda eerie....
    and i don't know alot of stuff about this, but how exactlly do they know when someone has died on impact????
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

When the rescue efforts turned to recovery, there was another call, which prompted search crews to trace it. They realized it was coming from the first train so they went back in one last time.

"And they were so excited they had this incredible adrenaline rush at thought that they could possibly go find another survivor... we gave her a description and they spent the next couple of hours looking for him and they did end up finding him and they said that he had died immediately on impact and there was no way he could have been calling us," Katz said.

The calls stopped at 3:28 a.m., about an hour before Peck's body was found.

Katz said the phone calls helped the family get through the night.

http://cms.ktla.com/pages/content_la...713&feedID=171

I think it is awesome that it helped his family and the searchers find him to bring him home. It is odd they never found the phone tho. RIP Mr. Peck.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

So sad...

hummmmmmmmmm. when my mom couldn't communicate any longer before her death, she used a small remote door bell to get our attention. the day after she died the darn thing went off every few minutes for about 8 hours. then ceased and never did it again. just made us laugh and cry. nothing freaky about it, although looking back we should have been weirded out.

not to far fetched as I've had personal experience like this.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Smile Messages

I lost a childhood friend when I was 16. He was 17. The summer after I graduated from high school, I drove 600 miles to where he was buried. I took a friend with me who had never met him, and together we sat at his grave while I talked to him. He had a pinwheel stuck in the dirt next to his grave,(something his aunt had placed there) and the darn thing kept spinning like he was answering me! There was no wind, and it would only spin after I finished speaking. My friend kept looking at me, then at the pinwheel, then at me. LOL It was so comforting to me, like I was really conversing with him. I went to see his parents afterwards, and I didn't want to mention the pinwheel in case she thought I was nuts, but I did. That's when she told me that it had happened to a couple of people, including the aunt who bought it for him. :*) She was just mad that he hadn't talked to her through it.
    I was able to visit him there twice and it stopped working for me. I haven't heard if it works for anyone else, but I like to think it's because he's moved on and it served its purpose.

Is it possible that the phone was jammed up under something and every time there was pressure on the phone, it would dial the last number dialed?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1 View Post
    Is it possible that the phone was jammed up under something and every time there was pressure on the phone, it would dial the last number dialed?
    If you read the article fully, it said the phone was calling a lot of family members, various cell phone numbers. Just strange all around.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    Yes it IS kinda eerie....
    and i don't know alot of stuff about this, but how exactlly do they know when someone has died on impact????
    I suspect he had some sort of a mortal injury.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    If you read the article fully, it said the phone was calling a lot of family members, various cell phone numbers. Just strange all around.

Now that I've gone back and read it, this is stranger than I thought! The phone was never found . . . even stranger.