Train Victim's Cell Kept Calling Loved Ones After He Died

Yes it IS kinda eerie....
and i don't know alot of stuff about this, but how exactlly do they know when someone has died on impact????

When the rescue efforts turned to recovery, there was another call, which prompted search crews to trace it. They realized it was coming from the first train so they went back in one last time.

"And they were so excited they had this incredible adrenaline rush at thought that they could possibly go find another survivor... we gave her a description and they spent the next couple of hours looking for him and they did end up finding him and they said that he had died immediately on impact and there was no way he could have been calling us," Katz said.

The calls stopped at 3:28 a.m., about an hour before Peck's body was found.

Katz said the phone calls helped the family get through the night.

http://cms.ktla.com/pages/content_l...t-Calling-Loved-On=1&blockID=60713&feedID=171

I think it is awesome that it helped his family and the searchers find him to bring him home. It is odd they never found the phone tho. RIP Mr. Peck.

hummmmmmmmmm. when my mom couldn't communicate any longer before her death, she used a small remote door bell to get our attention. the day after she died the darn thing went off every few minutes for about 8 hours. then ceased and never did it again. just made us laugh and cry. nothing freaky about it, although looking back we should have been weirded out.

not to far fetched as I've had personal experience like this.

I lost a childhood friend when I was 16. He was 17. The summer after I graduated from high school, I drove 600 miles to where he was buried. I took a friend with me who had never met him, and together we sat at his grave while I talked to him. He had a pinwheel stuck in the dirt next to his grave,(something his aunt had placed there) and the darn thing kept spinning like he was answering me! There was no wind, and it would only spin after I finished speaking. My friend kept looking at me, then at the pinwheel, then at me. LOL It was so comforting to me, like I was really conversing with him. I went to see his parents afterwards, and I didn't want to mention the pinwheel in case she thought I was nuts, but I did. That's when she told me that it had happened to a couple of people, including the aunt who bought it for him. :*) She was just mad that he hadn't talked to her through it.
I was able to visit him there twice and it stopped working for me. I haven't heard if it works for anyone else, but I like to think it's because he's moved on and it served its purpose.

Is it possible that the phone was jammed up under something and every time there was pressure on the phone, it would dial the last number dialed?

Is it possible that the phone was jammed up under something and every time there was pressure on the phone, it would dial the last number dialed?

If you read the article fully, it said the phone was calling a lot of family members, various cell phone numbers. Just strange all around.

If you read the article fully, it said the phone was calling a lot of family members, various cell phone numbers. Just strange all around.

Now that I've gone back and read it, this is stranger than I thought! The phone was never found . . . even stranger.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back