Robert Wagner reveals love affair with Stanwyck

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Robert Wagner's marriage to Natalie Wood was known to all. His love affair with Barbara Stanwyck was a secret — until now.

In his new memoir "Pieces of My Heart," Wagner writes of his four-year romance with the star of such classics as "Stella Dallas" and "Double Indemnity." They met on the set of "Titanic," released in 1953, when he was 22 and she 45 and divorced from actor Robert Taylor.

The press knew nothing about their relationship and neither did most of Hollywood, except for such friends as Nancy Sinatra, the first wife of Frank Sinatra; and Spencer Tracy, whose bond with Katharine Hepburn was the ultimate show business secret.

They were both too busy working and the age difference was too great. Stanwyck eventually broke it off.

"I would always have been Mr. Stanwyck," Wagner, now 78, writes, "and we both knew it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080922...er_stanwyck;_ylt=Ata.8P2zhvGvLE0BgSB1gKZY24cA

wow, that is an interestin tidbit thanks for sharing

Wow is right...now there's two people I would NEVER had thought of being together. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing that.

Cool. she was truly a wonderful actress and I understand that she was one of the easiest actresses in Hollywood to work with and that she never played on her star power. I just bought "Meet John Doe" and she was so wonderful in it!

She also happens to have had her ashes spread at my favorite place in the whole world: Whitney Portal above Lone Pine, CA.

I've always thought Robert Wagner was SOOOOO handsome regardless of his love life.

Ok, I'm fine now. Will stop drooling. LOL

I'm drooling at the thought of a 22 year old Robert Wagner too. Lucky Barbara.

Man, Robert Wagner is still hot. I'll take him now.

We have a film with him in it really young. I think it's called "A Song In My Heart".

Hmmm, who knew? Hey, Robert Taylor was no slouch either though.

Man, Robert Wagner is still hot. I'll take him now.

We have a film with him in it really young. I think it's called "A Song In My Heart".

Hmmm, who knew? Hey, Robert Taylor was no slouch either though.

Robert Wagner IS still hot...and Robert Taylor was gorgeous....lucky Barbara Stanwyck having relationships with both Roberts.

Robert Wagner will be interviewed this week by Diane Sawyer on GMA. Supposedly this is the 1st time he will talk about "the accident" with Natalie.

Robert Wagner will be interviewed this week by Diane Sawyer on GMA. Supposedly this is the 1st time he will talk about "the accident" with Natalie.

What day, do you know? I would like to see that. I love Robert Wagner. Anyone else see him in the recent Two and a Half Men episodes as Teddy, Charlie's almost step-dad? That show is soooo funny. He did a great job in it. His real life daughter Courtney was in the episodes as his "daughter" (and Charlie's lover) and in the end, she turned out to be Teddy's secret lover and fellow con artist! In the last episode he was in, he ended up having a heart attack on his wedding day while supposedly fooling around with her (they never showed them doing anything, of which I was kinda glad)!

Love Barbara Stanwyk too. From Double Indemnity and Stella Dallas to the Big Valley. She was a class act. Wasn't she in Dynasty or something?

Eve

Love Barbara Stanwyck too. From Double Indemnity and Stella Dallas to the Big Valley. She was a class act. Wasn't she in Dynasty or something?

Eve

Yes, she was in Dynasty for about 3 episodes. Then she was on the spin-off series, The Colby's. She was a class act all the way!

Barbara Stanwyck also played a wonderful part as Mary Carson,in the tv series "The Thorn Birds." I loved that show,I have the DVD.

I am surprised about her and Robert Wagner though.

Robert Wagner IS still hot...and Robert Taylor was gorgeous....lucky Barbara Stanwyck having relationships with both Roberts.

Mary Beth looks like we have the same taste in men!:) I'm not just a Tom Petty fan, but I want to marry him.:crazy:

Have to say I loved the Natalie Wood/Robert Wagner love affair. Both times.

My mom said Mr. Wagner spoke a little on that "View" show today about Natalie's death. She said Babs Walters was all over him.:eek:

Mary Beth looks like we have the same taste in men!:) I'm not just a Tom Petty fan, but I want to marry him.:crazy:

Have to say I loved the Natalie Wood/Robert Wagner love affair. Both times.

My mom said Mr. Wagner spoke a little on that "View" show today about Natalie's death. She said Babs Walters was all over him.:eek:

LOL...I wanted to marry Tom too! Granted, he's not gorgeous like the Roberts but there's just something about him....

I loved Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood too...I remember so vividly when she died and what a tragedy it was. I also remember he was starring in Hart to Hart then and about the same time Natalie Wood died, William Holden died. He was living with Mr. Wagner's co-star, Stefanie Powers. Everyone thought Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers were going to get together! I like Jill St. John though and I'm glad she's with Robert Wagner. They've been together a long time now.

What day, do you know? I would like to see that. I love Robert Wagner. Anyone else see him in the recent Two and a Half Men episodes as Teddy, Charlie's almost step-dad? That show is soooo funny. He did a great job in it. His real life daughter Courtney was in the episodes as his "daughter" (and Charlie's lover) and in the end, she turned out to be Teddy's secret lover and fellow con artist! In the last episode he was in, he ended up having a heart attack on his wedding day while supposedly fooling around with her (they never showed them doing anything, of which I was kinda glad)!

Love Barbara Stanwyk too. From Double Indemnity and Stella Dallas to the Big Valley. She was a class act. Wasn't she in Dynasty or something?

Eve

Sorry, I don't know what day as the local news here is still covering Ike so we haven't seen GMA in almost 2 weeks.

Does surprise me. Can't find it now, but there was some write up about "little known gay celebrities of the past" that said Stanwyck was one of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back