2008.08.01 Lauren G. Interview

So basically Lauren was babysitting Caylee FOR FREE and got pizzed off and stopped watching her when she found out Casey had no job and was hanging out with friends? Whatta girl Casey is!

To paraphrase, Lauren G. has known KC since middle school- they used to ride to school together. Lauren discovered that KC was pregnant at 5 months- just after KC found out. She suspected that Jesse was the babydaddy, but according to KC, the father was in the army and died a year ago in an accident. She doesn't know his name, but her impression was that the pregnancy was from a one-night stand. The b-dad might have been engaged to someone else. And sometime after Caylee's birth, KC and Jesse broke up.

Lauren was Caylee's babysitter for the first 8 months of her life but not consistently, just when KC needed her help. KC was working at Universal at the time. KC also said she worked at Sports Authority, but Lauren found out this was a lie. It was on a day-by-day basis, and KC didn't pay her for babysitting. She said KC was a good mom, with hugs and kisses for the baby, no bruises, seemed to miss her when she was at work.

The last time Lauren saw KC was at Caylee's 2nd birthday, and she knew everyone there. Mostly they were friends but nobody that Lauren didn't recognize. Nobody was introduced as "grandparents" that weren't KC's parents.

Lauren was asked about mutual friends and said KC tended to hang out with mostly males. Her main female friend was Christina C. LE mentioned another girl named Brittany, and Lauren said KC didn't even like her, that B. was more a friend of Lauren's roommate. Lauren said that KC might have confided in Annie D. about the babydaddy.

Lauren stopped watching Caylee when she found out that KC had lied about working at Sports Authority- she had been babysitting for free only to find out that KC was hanging with friends instead of working which made her feel taken advantage of. Up until July, the last time Lauren had spoken to KC was in April to tell her she was pregnant.

KC has never mentioned anything about a nanny to Lauren, and she's really confused about the whole "knowing her for 3 years" because she was Caylee's babysitter, not the nanny.

Lauren received a text message from KC on the day she was arrested telling her that Caylee was missing. She called her back, and KC claimed to have spoken to Caylee the day before from a private number. Lauren said the call was short, that KC seemed upset but wasn't crying. The text took Lauren completely by surprise.

Well now I'm not so confused as JG's father states that they watched Caylee until April 06 and at the time I read Lauren did as well...I was thinking how could they both watch her. Well it appears Lauren watched Caylee sometimes so it all makes sense now. Lauren wasn't like a full time babysitter, just when KC wanted to go out with her friends apparently. MOTY she is not and obviously her pawning Caylee off on other people goes back much further then I originally suspected...sad.

yay I can finally log in and post......!

what I wonder, and cant believe no one else mentioned, is that lauren found out KC was lying and not working at all - how did she find out? did she know what KC was doing all that time? I mean, that means this lying about work thing has gone on for years and lauren was the only one to ever catch her out?

Well now I'm not so confused as JG's father states that they watched Caylee until April 06 and at the time I read Lauren did as well...I was thinking how could they both watch her. Well it appears Lauren watched Caylee sometimes so it all makes sense now. Lauren wasn't like a full time babysitter, just when KC wanted to go out with her friends apparently. MOTY she is not and obviously her pawning Caylee off on other people goes back much further then I originally suspected...sad.

IIRC, RG said that they watched Caylee once in a while, not on a regular basis. If Casey was using a babysitter every day, and sometimes at night, she would need more than one, I would think.

I find that strange as well, 2goldfish: she seems to be one of the bright ones that Casey was friends with.

yay I can finally log in and post......!

what I wonder, and cant believe no one else mentioned, is that lauren found out KC was lying and not working at all - how did she find out? did she know what KC was doing all that time? I mean, that means this lying about work thing has gone on for years and lauren was the only one to ever catch her out?

I don't know how Lauren found out but to answer your question, YES - KC had lied about working at the Sports Authority some time ago as well. Ryan talks about this in his interview and CA knew about it. There you go. CA knew about it. This family has been in denial for a VERY long time.

Pulled from Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/tb092308.pdf

No recent contact with Casey

Notes of interest from Lauren G. Interview on August 1 2008http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/tb092308.pdf

Casey hung out with Christine C. quite a lot
Page 1377 Lines 1-4 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

They didn’t even like each other as least as she told me. Referencing Brittany S.
Page 1377 Lines 14-17 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

Caylee’s Father was in the Army and then died last year in a car accident.
Page 1372 Lines 14 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

I was a one-night stand type of thing. I believe Casey told me the father was engaged to someone else but not 100% certain.
Page 1373 Lines 8-10 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

Casey talked to his fiancé’ when this guy had died, when this guy died and I think that’s how she found out. No name given.
Page 1374 Lines 5-8 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

And father was in the service and was killed in a car accident
Page 1378 Lines 5-10 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

Casey was good friends with Annie Dowing, that was the only girl I ever knew her to hang out with, something might have happened because they didn’t hang at as much anymore recently it seemed like.
Page 1378 Lines 14-19 Lauren G. Interview with LE August 1, 2008

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back