Daily Update Sept 24, 2008 NO DISCUSSION

Wesh2 Orlando, updated today:

Article on the investigation. Article ends with a link to contact Wesh 2 reporter if you want to say something about the Caylee Anthony case.

Reported a few minutes ago but not on website yet...Casey's pre-approved apptment with Baez today is from 3 to 8pm.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17539039/detail.html

Today, WESH and other news accounts are reporting that the newly released documents include statements by Lee and/or Cindy Anthony concerning the overwhelming nature of the smell coming from Casey’s car – the smell now being described as significantly more powerful than as has been described in prior news reports (“atrocious…..it hit you like a wave”) and the smell of death coming from the car without even opening the trunk.

Cite: http://www.wesh.com/news/17546432/detail.html

(Typed as my heart is breaking).

Anthony Family May Be Making Millions On Movie Deal

Eyewitness News that the Anthonys have signed a $2 million movie deal with the Lifetime Movie Network.

Sources close to the Anthonys told Eyewitness News a $2 million contract with the Lifetime Movie Network has been signed. Padilla also said Baez broke his promise to beef up security because of the protesters to ramp up the drama the night Casey was arrested at her parents' house. He showed up after her arrest and held a marathon news conference slamming investigators for the show.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17550330/detail.html

MOVIE DEAL COULD MEAN MILLIONS FOR FAMILY

Eyewitness News uncovered new information about who's cashing in on the Casey Anthony case. Sources extremely close to the family told Eyewitness News that the Anthonys have signed a $2 million movie deal with the Lifetime Movie Network.

There are also claims that Casey's attorney is purposely trying to create drama in the case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17550330/detail.html

Letters between Sheriff’s Office and Jose Baez show tension
Last Edited: Wednesday, 24 Sep 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
Created: Wednesday, 24 Sep 2008, 5:31 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- FOX 35 has new information on the correspondence between the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez .

There is some struggle between the sides because the sheriff's office feels like Casey knows where her daughter is while her attorney Jose Baez continues to say his client does not. Baez says Casey left Caylee with the babysitter and hasn't seen her since.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

I retyped them here bc they're so difficult to read on that link. And they are really worth a read IMO. What grade is Jose in again? :crazy:

TO Jose FROM OCSO:
September 19, 2008

Jose Baez, Esquire
522 Simpson Road
Kissimmee, FL 34744

Dear Mr. Baez:

In your correspondence to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office you have stated your willingness to fully cooperate with law enforcement regarding the investigation of Caylee Anthony’s disappearance within the confines of your ethical obligation to your client, Casey Anthony.

In response to your offer to fully cooperate, I am requesting that you provide the circumstances and location Caylee Anthony was last seen. As you are aware, the previous statements provided by your client have been false and misleading.

The law enforcement personnel involved in the search for Caylee Anthony acknowledge your ethical obligation to you client. We hope that it is your client’s genuine desire to help find her daughter and to uncover the truth. We are also hopeful that you are able to provide the circumstances and location that Casey Anthony last saw her daughter, and that you understand the information we are requesting is crucial to the search for Caylee Anthony. If you are willing to assist in this matter, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Kevin Beary
Sheriff of Orange County

Sergeant John Allen
Criminal Investigations Division
Missing Persons Squad
(407) 254-7222

Here's the RESPONSE from Baez:
September 22, 2008

Orange County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Sgt. John Allen
2500 West Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32408

Re: State of Florida v. Casey M. Anthony

Dear Sgt. Allen:

I was pleased to see that your office has decided to take me up on our offer to cooperate in the search for Caylee Marie Anthony. Albeit two months later, it is better late than never, I suppose.

I was, however, displeased by the fact that I had to hear about your fax from the media before I even got the chance to read it. Nonetheless, I will convey your message to my client and discuss it with her further.

Please give me a call when you are more interested in searching for Caylee, as opposed to trying to improve your office’s public relations image. I realize that your office is under a lot of pressure because you haven’t found Caylee, but you should conduct your efforts in a more productive manner as opposed to leaking your communications with me to the media.

Sincerely,

Jose A. Baez, Esq.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie