Could Casey have been donating eggs for money?

mom2chloe

Reaction score
May seem over the top, but please humor me for a minute. Although I realize KC was stealing money from her friends, family and possibly even stangers we have yet to hear about, if at somepoint she had been donating eggs, she would have received fairly large sums of money for each cycle she donated and most clinics permit donations for a total of 6 cycles, starting anywhere from $2500 up for each cycle donated. She could have even donated at several clinics over the course of little Caylee's life. EDIT: Since my original post, I googled IVF Orlando and came up with www.ivforlando.com which states they pay $4000 per cycle, not bad pay for 6 week's work!KC would make an excellent candidate for egg donation, as she is young, healthy, has proven fertility and I don't think she smokes, although I have read some comments to the contrary. (Scary thought I realize that a sociopath could be donating eggs to an unsuspecting recipient, but hey they don't have a test for that do they and I am pretty sure even if they had a questionairre inquiring as to whether she was a sociopath, we know she would have "absolutely" denied that)
As much as I would like to believe her night sweats were from her subconscious and that Caylee is really haunting her, estrogen withdrawal, which would occur following a donor cycle would also cause these same symptoms. Some women, particularly very fertile young women, are at a risk of hyperstimulation, where when they are hormonally stimulated would produce too many eggs and they will stop the cycle right then, discontinuing the medications for the woman's safety. These symptoms might require a trip to the hospital and could be verified through an ultrasound, perhaps neccessitating her trip to the hospital.
Could explain how she had money and didn't need to work, prior to all the thefts. I doubt with all the HIPPA rules we would ever know if she pursued this avenue. any HIPPA experts out there who could determine whether this information could be acquired?
I would also like to note that I hope Caylee is haunting KC and continues to do so for the rest of her life.
If anyone is seeking eggs in the Orlando area, I would want to know they absolutely were not donated by KC! Anyone?

If I understand egg donations....it's not that easy you have to inject yourself for quite awhile beforehand.... I just think there is quite alot that goes into it that someone would have noticed

May seem over the top, but please humor me for a minute. Although I realize KC was stealing money from her friends, family and possibly even stangers we have yet to hear about, if at somepoint she had been donating eggs, she would have received fairly large sums of money for each cycle she donated and most clinics permit donations for a total of 6 cycles, starting anywhere from $2500 up for each cycle donated.

Only 2 things:

RM would have noticed the night sweats and nightmares.
Why not tell Cindy? It's not like it's an illegal thing to do. Maybe not Cindy's "idea" of a job, but I don't think it would be a huge deal.

If she was making that kind of money, why steal?? It doesn't make sense.

I think the reason she had money and didn't need to work is clearly explained in LA's interview where he says flat out that Casey has never lived away from home until June, never bought clothing or food or diapers for her own child, never supported herself or her child, uses her parents' credit cards and takes money from them, drives a car that they bought and pay the insurance on.

If Casey had been selling eggs then I think she would have a) had more money of her own and b) would have bragged about it b/c it is so much DRAAAAAAMA!

Egg donation requires an extremely responsible adn committed person. One must show up for many, many ultrasounds and regular blood work as well as inject medication on a regular schedule. Also, there is a screening process that takes commitment to get through. The actual egg retrieval often requires anesthesia and she would need someone to drive her home.

I don't believe she would have been responsible enough to get through a cycle. Also, though the money may seem like a lot, most of the donors do it to help others build a family and the monetary aspect is not the main motivation.

Egg donation requires an extremely responsible adn committed person. One must show up for many, many ultrasounds and regular blood work as well as inject medication on a regular schedule. Also, there is a screening process that takes commitment to get through. The actual egg retrieval often requires anesthesia and she would need someone to drive her home.

I don't believe she would have been responsible enough to get through a cycle. Also, though the money may seem like a lot, most of the donors do it to help others build a family and the monetary aspect is not the main motivation.

'zactly.

if she was an egg donor i'm superman. kc and concern/care for others?

i don't think so.

I've got a friend who decided to get into this line of "business." Although she was young and healthy when she started, she was totally worn out after six months. The injections to stimulate the egg production made her feel as if she running a constant marathon. Besides constantly being monitored and littlel time for herself. She told me this is a common reaction.
If Casey were into this, she wouldn't have the energy or the time to party. Maybe she might have started on this adventure, who knows. But I'm willing to bet she never finished the contract. Just my guess.

I did two rounds of IVF. I can tell you that the several-times-daily stomach injections would have left bruises on her belly that someone would have likely noticed. In addition, some of the medication must be refrigerated -- I'm not sure how she would have managed that without anyone knowing.

May seem over the top, but please humor me for a minute.

I don't think so. One has to do a lot of "work" in order to donate and they have to extract the eggs. She didn't seem to have that kind of money - and has been stealing for years and years, not just recently.

There's an IVF clinic about 65 miles from where I live. They do hair testing for drugs. If she had so much as smoked a joint in the last 6 months, she would have been disqualified immediately. I highly doubt that Casey was a egg donor. Her contact with children never went much beyond being a biological womb.

Now that is thinking "outside the box"! LOL Sorry, had to say it.

I agree that it wouldn't work in this scenario.

I'm pretty sure they drug test before accepting a donor. Casey wouldn't have passed it.

She would have never made the cut. 90% of them require high school degree or college degree and drug testing, no history of family disease, sometimes even high SAT scores! Egg donation is pretty rigorous.

OMG I hope not..........that gene pool needs to be drained. IMO

OK, coming from someone who worked in an IVF clinic for years, I'm going to go out a limb here and say I don't think there is any way this girl was an egg donor. It takes too much work, too much time, too much of a toll on your body, and honestly, I doubt she'd pass the psych component.

Girl had way too active sex life to be donating unfertilized eggs!!

IMO I am not giving this thought a
second of my time to ponder. It is ridiculous,
and I think not. Cindy/George enabled Casey to the max possible with everything needed.

She stole because she needed more to impress her friends, and
was NOT going to work.

WHY go through egg "donations" when your parents hand it all to u on a silver platter, because of...........Caylee.

OK, coming from someone who worked in an IVF clinic for years, I'm going to go out a limb here and say I don't think there is any way this girl was an egg donor. It takes too much work, too much time, too much of a toll on your body, and honestly, I doubt she'd pass the psych component.

Not passing the psych component is the key here. That is a huge factor, and no way for her to pass !

I haven't read the replies here. I have been a surrogate mother twice. I do know you have alot of appointments and shots you have to do. Plus you have ultrasounds and everything. Someone would have notice all of that I would think. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back