987 users online (132 members and 855 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Obtain 591 pages released 09/23/08

I have just requested 591 pages from the Kinkos in Orlando that has the complete document. Their address is 47 E Robinson St, Suite 105 in Orlando. They will ship via Federal Express the entire 591 pages (hardcopy) for a cost of $47.21 + shipping or they will send it electronically for a cost of $591. I emailed them at usa3994@fedexkinkos.com and requested that they send it to me via Federal Express. In the email they ask for you to tell them what it is you want, where to send it and how you will pay for it. I'll let you know what I find out - but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
    Kinko's phone number is: (407) 839-5000.
    This is the phone number of the states attorney's office that gave me the kinkos info: 407-836-2400

great information, thanks

Thanks!! Great job!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread to something like Directions on how to obtain...

shouldn't it be free from the SO?

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

I'm wondering if the A's have to pay to get a copy of it - JAT

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    shouldn't it be free from the SO?
    They (SO) can charge the cost of printing and/or research of a public record and FL Statutes sets limits on those charges.
    Kinko's, not being a State/County/Municipal agency, can charge what they want, apparently. Tho they are charging only 3 cents a page for the hard copy (plus shipping), which is what a state agency can charge (for copies that involved no research).

Quote Originally Posted by hpvdr View Post
    I have just requested 591 pages from the Kinkos in Orlando that has the complete document. Their address is 47 E Robinson St, Suite 105 in Orlando. They will ship via Federal Express the entire 591 pages (hardcopy) for a cost of $47.21 + shipping or they will send it electronically for a cost of $591. I emailed them at usa3994@fedexkinkos.com and requested that they send it to me via Federal Express. In the email they ask for you to tell them what it is you want, where to send it and how you will pay for it. I'll let you know what I find out - but I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow.
    This is the phone number of the states attorney's office that gave me the kinkos info: 407-836-2400
    are you planning on putting them up for us so we don't all have to pay the $47.?

Good work! I'm debating with myself whether to spend the $ for the whole doc. The remaining pages SHOULD be phone records, photos, etc. It would definitely be worth it if they're not redacted. I'd like to put together a timeline of the phone stuff, but if they've blacked out the numbers, it will be hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hpvdr View Post

I can't believe they are charging $1 per page to e-mail the document. I thought it was a typo so I called the store. It is correct...even though the file is one PDF not 591 individual PDF's. That is beyond ridiculous....talk about someone trying to benefit from this case.

I don't understand this! The right to public information should not cost a cent. What is the deal with this? Its upsetting to me.

That's outrageous, why would you pay $47 for the docs? It's cheaper to buy ink and paper for your printer and print them out yourself if you want a hard copy.

EvaInCA is offline If you can't convince them, confuse them.
    Well, I couldn't tell if hp was planning on sharing, but that's up to hp. I appreciate the info and I'm wondering what the shipping cost is. Hmmmm, rest assured if I get a copy I will figure out a way to get them uploaded, but to WS'ers wink wink

I'm going to whip off an email to see what the TOTAL cost is going to be. Be back.
    Eva

Quote Originally Posted by EvaInCA View Post
    Well, I couldn't tell if hp was planning on sharing, but that's up to hp. I appreciate the info and I'm wondering what the shipping cost is. Hmmmm, rest assured if I get a copy I will figure out a way to get them uploaded, but to WS'ers wink wink

I'm going to whip off an email to see what the TOTAL cost is going to be. Be back.
    Eva
    Absolutely (lol) I will share as long as I receive them. On the other thread relating to this new batch of documents someone else said that they have called and were told that they need to be an attorney or news agency to request the docs. I wasn't told that on the phone and I haven't received a reply to my request stating that - so as long as I receive the documents via Federal Express as I requested I will certainly scan them in for everyone. I would only scan in the ones we don't already have available (the 317).
    Someone on the other thread relating to this same info (maybe these threads should be merged/I just don't know how to do that) may be going to the Orlando Kinko's today and has said if they do in fact receive the document package they will also be willing to scan in the missing pages.
    Last edited by hpvdr; 09-24-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast