Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now???? #2

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    I'm thinking you need to make a pilgrimage to the ME's office in Chapel Hill and refuse to leave or vacate the premises until the chief M.E. talks to you personally, shows you the full written autopsy plus his notes, explains each part of his procedure, and then promises to mark the autopsy as 'complete' and ready for release. That would encourage him, don't ya think?
    Hee hee... yeah, what's the worst that could happen... other than my to date unblemished reputation as a rationale websleuther might get a bit tainted... but hey... that would be a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Surely you have heard the old saying that a GJ could indict a ham sandwich ?
    And if that ham sandwich had melted brie on it? I proclaim it not only probable but GUILTY of whatever crime it's charged with, including, but not limited to, it's fabulous taste and outrageous calorie count! Yeah the DA is the real stopgap here, not the GJ.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstreet View Post
    Hee hee... yeah, what's the worst that could happen... other than my to date unblemished reputation as a rationale websleuther might get a bit tainted... but hey... that would be a small price to pay.
    We'd never have to know you went and they'd never have to know you post on this board.

We'd never have to know you went and they'd never have to know you post on this board.
    When LE contacts Jump to find out why a review of the autopsy was done, I suspect Jump will tell it all !

Teasing

Good point(s). I'm on it!

Actually, RC is probably right... I'd no doubt sing like a canary at the first sign of pressure.

June 8th - 3.5 months. Looks to me the ME's office has been extremely busy there in Chapel Hill. Seems to be quite a run on murder over the summer.
    Indeed it has! But they have to autopsy not only homicides but any unexplained death and suicides. So even someone who suddenly collapsed and died while walking down the street would also get an autopsy, even if a heart attack was suspected. Lots of people die every day. Have you seen the numbers in places like the LA Coroner's office? Thousands per year!

When LE contacts Jump to find out why a review of the autopsy was done, I suspect Jump will tell it all !

Teasing
    "Concerned citizen, reviewing the M.E.'s work, practices, performing an audit, and just plain tired of waiting for the darn results." Yeah, they'll have no problem with it!

Indeed it has! But they have to autopsy not only homicides but any unexplained death and suicides. So even someone who suddenly collapsed and died while walking down the street would also get an autopsy, even if a heart attack was suspected. Lots of people die every day. Have you seen the numbers in places like the LA Coroner's office? Thousands per year!
    I have to say I was very concerned to see Dr. Clarke's name on the Wynn autopsy. They should keep him off of murder cases, seeing as how he can't seem to cooperate and perform the tests LE has written down but makes his own determination as to if they should be done.

"Concerned citizen, reviewing the M.E.'s work, practices, performing an audit, and just plain tired of waiting for the darn results." Yeah, they'll have no problem with it!
    They wouldn't let Jump in until the autopsy was released anyhow - unless Jump is a med student...

Has anything been heard about the hearing on Monday (22 Sept) about Brad having a mental evaluation ? I must have missed it.

Has anything been heard about the hearing on Monday (22 Sept) about Brad having a mental evaluation ? I must have missed it.
    I've seen no news on that front RC. Others were asking about it too (on the NC thread proper). Is it possible this type of hearing (and the associated results) could be done without the public/media being made aware of the results? If not, perhaps the hearing has been rescheduled, or perhaps the plaintiffs withdrew the motion?

I've seen no news on that front RC. Others were asking about it too (on the NC thread proper). Is it possible this type of hearing (and the associated results) could be done without the public/media being made aware of the results? If not, perhaps the hearing has been rescheduled, or perhaps the plaintiffs withdrew the motion?
    Dunno - guess it could have been a closed hearing. I have a feeling the plaintiffs are not about to withdraw the motion unless asked to do so by LE and the DA. LE and the DA are only going to ask such a thing if there is a potential to harm the criminal case. Strange we heard nothing about it.

Not that I'm aware of.

They wouldn't let Jump in until the autopsy was released anyhow - unless Jump is a med student...
    I'm thinking Jump can be pretty persuasive--dare I suggest it wouldn't surprise me if Jump acquired a white coat and stethoscope?

Not that I'm aware of.

Either the judge kept everyone out or it didn't happen. Hmmmm. Who was suppose to be following Brad that day ?

Either the judge kept everyone out or it didn't happen. Hmmmm. Who was suppose to be following Brad that day ?
    < looks around >
    ermm...
    Not I, no siree!

< looks around >
    ermm...
    Not I, no siree!
    ROFL - Nut

If you are asking if COD, regardless of what it is would make me suspect someone other than Brad - no, COD would not reduce my suspicion of Brad.
    I agree!

fran

For me if COD was gunshot wound or vehicular homicide then yes, that would give me pause. BFT or strangulation or asphyxiation or some combo of the above? No it doesn't change things, IMHO.
    SG,

Playin' a bit of catch-up here. I cannot really see the vehicular aspect would change anything for me, especially if the hair in the wheel wells turns out to match NC's hair. Gunshots would be a different story.

Since NC was discovered in a cul-de-sac, it would be difficult to explain how she was hit with enough force to kill her, if the impact happened there. The car would have to be going slowly, since there was a limited amount of road. I could conjure up a scenario of someone unknown (ie NOT BC) accidentally hitting her hard enough to cause death, then loading her and dumping her, but I have to stretch the limits of my imagination to make that really work. Sure, it is POSSIBLE, just not very PLAUSIBLE.

CyberPro

Are you thinking that regardless of what COD is, there's zero chance it will change any of your current opinions of the case? [ Fair if so... just asking... ]
    Absolutely. It was murder, and despite HOW he murdered her, I am convinced it was BC.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
    SG,

Playin' a bit of catch-up here. I cannot really see the vehicular aspect would change anything for me, especially if the hair in the wheel wells turns out to match NC's hair. Gunshots would be a different story.

Since NC was discovered in a cul-de-sac, it would be difficult to explain how she was hit with enough force to kill her, if the impact happened there. The car would have to be going slowly, since there was a limited amount of road. I could conjure up a scenario of someone unknown (ie NOT BC) accidentally hitting her hard enough to cause death, then loading her and dumping her, but I have to stretch the limits of my imagination to make that really work. Sure, it is POSSIBLE, just not very PLAUSIBLE.

CyberPro
    Hey CP,

The reason I said those other methods might give me pause is because I would expect there to be some additional evidence since I think there would be more forensics potentially available in those kinds of scenarios. It doesn't mean I would say a particular perp did or didn't do it, but I'd want to see how LE was able to tie it all together.

This smilie should really be pointed up.

But seriously, would the media have access to basic information, such as whether or not the hearing took place? I have been wondering about this.

Topsail Girl is offline Justice for Michelle, Nancy, Kelly and Maria
    RC and all,

Here is the email from my source - I've left the name out on purpose.

Kim-it is set for Monday and there will be some procedural stuff, but the judge says her civil docket is so heavy it is unlikely the motions will be heard. They will instead be moved to the date of the next custody hearing-October 13. We will of course be there Monday just in case.
    I don't call them Knot-head & Bone-head for nothin' !!
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Girl View Post
    RC and all,

Here is the email from my source - I've left the name out on purpose.

Kim-it is set for Monday and there will be some procedural stuff, but the judge says her civil docket is so heavy it is unlikely the motions will be heard. They will instead be moved to the date of the next custody hearing-October 13. We will of course be there Monday just in case.
    Great work TOPS!!

You rock, Topsail! Thanks for following up!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast