GUILTY NY - Joseph Giacona, 37, shot to death in his Vernon home, 24 Jan 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Joseph Giacona was murdered back in January and his 13 year old son has been charged.

Giacona was shot in the head at home and his son Joseph III said he found him that way after school. Admittedly this kid's mugshot is shocking. He's a little kid. He looks like he's maybe 10 years old to me. Lots of comments from readers following the story including people blaming Italians for violence. :rolleyes:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/state_police_announce_arrest_i.html

I couldn't get the link to work, but I would just like to tell anyone that singles out "Italians", or any freaking group for being abusive or violent: "Come over to our little slice of reality" - it is obvious that EVERYONE on this planet has the potential to be a total SOB. The reason I keep coming back, however, is that it is also obvious that there are many good souls in the Universe - and they seem to have congregated here at WS's.

Did some digging, and found this link:
http://tinyurl.com/3fdc2s

I hope it works because it has a picture of the kid. I agree that he doesn't look his age - in fact, I would have said 9 or 10 years old. Why would he have felt the need to shoot his father while he slept?? There are a lot of things about this case that just seem "off". This is one to watch.

If it took them that long to build a case against a 13 year old, I'm not sure they have a very good case. Criminals make mistakes all the time, as they continue to comit crimes the "smarter" they get about concealing themselves. What does a naive 13 year old know about hiding eveidence of a murder. There just has to be more to this story.

Sure seems like totally premeditated to me.

Who knows with these young defendants of today who murders both or one of their parents.

It could have been something so trivial as not getting to do something that the kid wanted to do. They just think the answer to everything is just to blow the parent or parents away and be done with it.

imoo

How old is the other brother that this boy has?

Personally I don't think the difference in the time the boy got off the bus is that important. He probably didn't look at the clock when he got in the house.
Changing his story is important though.

I wonder if LE even looked for anyone else. Did they question the neighbors to see if anyone saw another person go to the house that day? Was there DNA that belonged to someone else. Were anyone else's fingerprints on the gun? Was the gun case a locked gun case and did it take a key or a combination?

The boy could be the killer because the good Lord knows kids have murdered their parents for things that don't even make sense. Look at the case here where the boy was going to have his mom murdered so he could get his girlfriend breat implants :furious: I hope this boy has a good attorney so that if he is innocent it can be proven. He really does look about 9 or 10 years old.
Thirteen isn't very old either and I hate seeing him tried as an adult. How could this kid survive in an adult prison. You know what would happen to him.
I just pray that if he didn't murder his dad that the truth will come out. If he did it then he will have to be responsible to his actions.

Wonder if he could be covering for mama?
It would make sense that his story keeps changing.

This article states how it is going to be a challenge defending this kid. He's being tried as an adult. He's going to have at least two public defenders.

Mention here is that there's psychiatric issues involved. There's a few good related articles at the link.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/29801549.html

they will try the case on circumstancial evidence and MOTIVE.........http://www.wktv.com/news/local/29759294.html
Le has not released any info on the motive yet. (that will be interesting)

Not drawing any comparisons here but Dahmer was a really cute kid too. It doesn't matter what he looks like...only what he has done and how our society deals with him. I would much rather deal with him now then later... imhoo....

The defense is probably going to go for a psychiatric one for the boy. That what it seems like. That could drag the case on for months as he has to get evaluations and speak with forensic psychiatrists and whatnot. I don't agree with him being charged as an adult. He should be locked up as a juvenile until he's 18 and then sent to adult prison for another some odd years.
A kid like that would be used as meat market trade in prison with adults.

I wish we knew what LE think the motive was. They aren't releasing much about this case are they? I agree that this if this boy is guilty he should never be back out in society but he is much to young to go into an adult prison. In some prisons they have a section for the younger prisoners seperate from the older ones. When the younger prisoners turn a certain age...probably 18...they go into the older guys area. That is what should happen to this young kid. I can't imagine him being placed with the older cons. He would be a piece of meat to all of them. I want to know why he would kill his dad.

From September 2013:

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/ve...tenced-for-attempted-robbery-in-nyc?id=945145

A teenager who killed his abusive father at their central New York home in 2008 is headed to prison for an attempted robbery in New York City...

The teen pleaded guilty in 2009 to first-degree manslaughter. He was placed in a juvenile detention facility until he was released in 2010.

Prosecutors say Giacona had been subjected to emotional and physical abuse by his father.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back