Landfills

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
What do we know about searching for Caylee in a landfill? I've heard ppl say that there are ways and such...? Is there someone from LE that can clarify if a body can be found in a landfill? Has OCSO searched in the landfills?

:confused:

Lori Hacking's body was found in a landfill, so yes, it can definitely be done. It took quite a while though, IIRC.

I know I read an article that mentioned GPS tracking on the dumpsters in Orlando, but I don't have a link for that. I just remember reading it somewhere. If that's the case, I think it would make a landfill search faster than it was in the Hacking case.

Lori Hacking's body was found in a landfill, so yes, it can definitely be done. It took quite a while though, IIRC.

I know I read an article that mentioned GPS tracking on the dumpsters in Orlando, but I don't have a link for that. I just remember reading it somewhere. If that's the case, I think it would make a landfill search faster than it was in the Hacking case.
But in Lori's case they knew pretty much where he put her and what area of the landfill she would have been deposited into. IIRC, they stopped all dumping in one area of the landfill. It was still incredibly difficult and Loris' body was weeks old not months.
The cadaver dogs can't search there very well and it is just an awful situation.

If Caylee is in the landfill, I think the chance of finding her is between slim and none. jmho of course.

exit13 mentioned 2 landfills didn;t he?

LE knew specifically which dumpster Lori had been dumped in and started searching the landfill immediately. IIRC, it took over two month's and all they found was 15 pounds of her. At the SLC landfill, there is over 3000 tons of garbage dumped daily. Multiply something like 3000 plus tons by 31 or more days.

Landfill searches costs over 100K and have to be written into a municipal budget. Then you have to get clearance from OSHA. Landfill searches are extremely dangerous. There is a risk of diseases and there are rodents and bugs. Most cadaver dog owners will not take their dogs into a landfill. In Lori's case, the garbage was spread out by a backhoe and then the dogs were brought in on a limited basis. The search for Lori at the landfill became so dangerous that LE officially pulled out. It was completely done on a volunteer basis with first responders and search and rescue. Many of them physically and mentally broke down.

It has been written that dumping a body in a dumpster is quite effective. For this reason it's been stated that cadaver dogs would hit on a high number of dumpsters in any given city. There are cases after cases where homeless people disappear after last being sighted sleeping in a dumpster. They are never found.

SuziQ....Thank you for answering my question. I am deeply saddened that it is not an easier task, but at least I understand why it is so difficult and we haven't heard more about searches being done there.

Busylady...that you for that link. I read a post about someone who works at a landfill and how it is catalogued.

Why couldn't Cindy have come down harder on Casey in a timely manner??? WHY?

exit13 mentioned 2 landfills didn;t he?

Yes he did, and then mentioned the one in particular when J Jordan asked him to clarify, maybe for search purposes? I can't remember the name of it without going back to look.

If I may recap a conversation I had specifically about this-

Only licensed, non-civillian haz-mat personnel can "search" a landfill.
EVEN IF, they could conclusively pinpoint a dumpster location, date and time, the risk asessment/probability study at this point would likely negate the court order it would take to lauch it in the first place.

I HATE that, I double HATE that. Suz is right, intensely dangerous to personel. Holding out for Dr. Bass and the Body Farm.

SuziQ....Thank you for answering my question. I am deeply saddened that it is not an easier task, but at least I understand why it is so difficult and we haven't heard more about searches being done there.

Busylady...that you for that link. I read a post about someone who works at a landfill and how it is catalogued.

I can't point you to a link, but there was a landfill search of somesort in this case. To what extent, has never been stated. Coordinating GPS info with specific dumpsters or setting aside garbage like they did in Lori's case? We can hope.

LE knew specifically which dumpster Lori had been dumped in and started searching the landfill immediately. IIRC, it took over two month's and all they found was 15 pounds of her. At the SLC landfill, there is over 3000 tons of garbage dumped daily. Multiply something like 3000 plus tons by 31 or more days.

Landfill searches costs over 100K and have to be written into a municipal budget. Then you have to get clearance from OSHA. Landfill searches are extremely dangerous. There is a risk of diseases and there are rodents and bugs. Most cadaver dog owners will not take their dogs into a landfill. In Lori's case, the garbage was spread out by a backhoe and then the dogs were brought in on a limited basis. The search for Lori at the landfill became so dangerous that LE officially pulled out. It was completely done on a volunteer basis with first responders and search and rescue. Many of them physically and mentally broke down.

It has been written that dumping a body in a dumpster is quite effective. For this reason it's been stated that cadaver dogs would hit on a high number of dumpsters in any given city. There are cases after cases where homeless people disappear after last being sighted sleeping in a dumpster. They are never found.

Wow- good info- thanks for sharing. I fear that Caylee may be in a landfill! Casey does NOT seem worried about her being found and she will NEVER tell us what she did w/her. IMO :furious:

:behindbar Justice for Caylee! :behindbar

respectfully snipped

Honetly Kimster, by the time she found her it was probably too late if that matters, However if you mean WAY earlier like before she began enabling her, I completely agree.

Blink, I had no idea about the Hazmat requirement. Interesting and understandable!

Thanks for the info, SuziQ.

I'm pretty sure it was LP who mentioned the GPS possibly being on garbage trucks here - not sure if it is true or not...

Yes he did, and then mentioned the one in particular when J Jordan asked him to clarify, maybe for search purposes? I can't remember the name of it without going back to look.

Quoting myself to note that Young Pine Landfill was the name of the one that Exit 13 gave to J Jordan. (I had to go back through what seems likes millions of threads!)

I am wondering why all the gas and gas cans?
Maybe cremation of small body? or evidence, clothes????
If in landfill, not much left of a 30? pound child........IMO, bone fragments & hair???
How gruesome!
Hope KC has nightmares every night.........
IMO, she had help disposing of Caylee because she may break a nail or get dirty...........
surprised her 'good' pants were soiled and mom washed them??? what about shoes? boots in car??? baby doll smell bad left in car? would it have forensic evidence on it??
just curious...........

There was mention of a landfill search in this case....it was reported by Nikki Pierce, a radio reporter for a station in Florida, on the NG show... and was likened to the search done in the case of the lady in SLC.

here is the NG show that reported that the dumpster/landfill had, in fact, been searched:

DIMOND: Yes, well, you know, that -- your mother always has the strings on you, no matter what. And maybe they should get Cindy Anthony more involved in questioning her daughter. That might get it off the dime.

Let`s go to another phone call, real quick here, Diane in Missouri. Hi, Diane. Nice name.

DIANE, MISSOURI RESIDENT: When they checked the trunk of the car -- the cadaver dogs -- did they check the dumpster and the landfill?

DIMOND: Oh, that`s a good question.

Nikki Pierce, do you know the answer to that, the dumpster that was right next to the car when they towed it away?

PIERCE: Actually, they did check the landfill. As it was explained to me the truck that took the garbage from that dumpster had a GPS on it and they knew exactly where to check in the landfill. It had a certain grid where it dumped so.

DIMOND: So they didn`t find anything.

PIERCE: They did check and didn`t find anything.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../12/ng.01.html

Now, as far as I know....could find, Pierce is a reporter for Wdbo radio in Florida.

http://wdbo.com/news/staff/nikki_pierce.html

Quoting myself to note that is was Young Pine Landfill was the name that Exit 13 gave to J Jordan. (I had to go back through what seems likes millions of threads!)

For the record that is where I belive this peanut is.
Said it since 7-19. She is there God love her.
A little divine intervention would be welcome, but if not, we will ENDURE in other ways.

Blink, I had no idea about the Hazmat requirement. Interesting and understandable!

My apologies, I should have referenced that came from a representative from TES. It was news to me as well.

For the record that is where I belive this peanut is.
Said it since 7-19. She is there God love her.
A little divine intervention would be welcome, but if not, we will ENDURE in other ways.

Me too Blink. IMO, I think that is why Casey seems unconcerned about her being found. (alright, she seems unconcerned about anything) Though it breaks my heart that her remains will probably never be found and at least given a proper resting place. You are right, we will endure and her killer will be punished, I have no doubt. Most of all, she will live on in our hearts forever. Caylee has had a profound impact on so many of us that never knew her in life, but love her as our own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back