Tropical Storm Kyle

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Look how far north it could make landfall as a hurricane!!!!!

Kyle Forecast Eye Path ™
uhaK_2_640x480.gif

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hu...tlantic&storm=Kyle&stormNum=10&imagetype=move

Kyle Develops east of the Bahamas

The 11th named storm in the Tropical Atlantic Basin developed just northeast of Turks and Caicos Islands Thursday afternoon. Kyle could eventually affect portions of eastern New England and the Canadian Maritimes late in the weekend. As of 11 PM Eastern Daylight Time Kyle was near 24.8 north, 68.0 west or 555 miles south-southwest of Bermuda. Maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph with gusts to 65 mph. The minimum central pressure as reported by a Hurricane Hunter aircraft was 994 millibars or 29.35 inches. Kyle is moving north at 13 mph and should continue moving north with some increase in forward speed expected later Friday and Friday night. Kyle will continue to intensify and should become a strong tropical storm Friday night and should become a hurricane on Saturday. The steering flow that Kyle is in should guide the storm about 400 miles west of Bermuda early Saturday then the storm will pass east of Cape Cod of the northeast United States on Sunday. Kyle is projected to make landfall as a hurricane over Nova Scotia late Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hu...?partner=netweather&traveler=0&basin=atlantic

Other storm remains non tropical, but dangerous

The low pressure area off the coast of the southeastern United States has failed to gain totally tropical characteristics. A hurricane hunter plane investigating this low found a pressure of 991 mb with the storm nearing the South Carolina/North Carolina coast. The storm in contrast with high pressure to the north is causing tropical storm force winds of 35-45 mph from the coastal Carolinas northward to the Delmarva peninsula with gusts to near 60 mph just off shore of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. These winds are causing very rough surf from the New Jersey coast southward to the northern Florida coast. Coastal flooding and dangerous and deadly rip currents will continue to affect these coastal areas. Heavy rainfall will move into the eastern Carolinas and spread westward Thursday night. This heavier rainfall will continue to expand northward into the northeast United States. The center of this non tropical storm will move inland and northwest near the North Carolina/South Carolina border overnight and Thursday, then gradually move more north and northeast Friday night and Saturday. Rainfall from this storm will average 2-4 inches but some isolated spots could pick up as much as 8" mostly north of the storm's track. Winds will gradually subside during Thursday as the storm winds down.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hu...?partner=netweather&traveler=0&basin=atlantic

It's been nice and windy in the foothills of NC. Loving it.

DK, would you please just stick with the birthday threads. I have had enough of this hurricane crap. Thanking you in advance!

DK, would you please just stick with the birthday threads. I have had enough of this hurricane crap. Thanking you in advance!

LOL I 2nd that. I don't wish it on anyone but I still am without power after Ike. We don't need one here again.

Wow. This hurricane season has been a bit odd, imo. Hope everyone stays safe!!

It's been nice and windy in the foothills of NC. Loving it.

Malapoo, where are you in NC (approximately). I'm in the mountains and it was very cold yesterday morning when we woke up. Pretty cool today...nice!

Maine is now under a Hurricane Watch! When's the last time Maine has ever had one of those????? :eek:

Maine is now under a Hurricane Watch! When's the last time Maine has ever had one of those????? :eek:

I am going to Maine (Baxter State Park) in two weeks to look for Moose. It'd better not blow them away. :mad: What are the chances?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back