785 users online (139 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Silver linings - positive things this case has done for you!

I remember first listening to the audio tapes with Yuri and crew, and seeing how much they were doing (by questioning Casey) for little Caylee. Since starting on this case, I've felt pretty helpless -- like nothing I can do can make a difference. Listening to those tapes, I knew I had to do *something*.

Not long after, I saw the term guardian ad litem. I called. I filled out the app. It's in the mail.

Because of this case, I'm doing something I would never have known about otherwise.
    All my posts are only my opinion!

Nope, did nothing for me other than remind me how horrible people can be, what evil walks this earth, and why I have to protect my children, which I have been anal about since 911.

It's made me more aware of all the other missing children in our country.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

As I have mentioned on the boards, I have been going through some tough life stuff. Since I had an alcohol problem 3 1/2 years ago, I am always worried that at tough times I would start thinking that that would be a good idea. By the grace of God, my 12 step group and loving sponsors and friends I have not even had the idea of taking a drink in mind. I know it sounds crazy but watching this case and WS in particular I have "occupied" my crazy mind to get through. So as usual my higher power gave me what I needed to get through. I have felt a kinship at WS that I find in my 12 step group. You all are a very caring group with just love in your hearts for this little girl who very few people seem to be standing up for. Especially those people (her mom, grandparents, uncle) that SHOULD be standing up for her.

I have also been PM'ed with other people who have loved ones struggling with addiction and I hope I helped them.

So thank you Tricia, Mods, WS'ers for being there. You really don't have any idea on how many levels this helps others...

This case makes me appreciate my normal 21 and 22 year old sons more than ever.

softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    It reminded me how precious my daughter is and how incredibly lucky I am to have her. She has gotten more hugs and kisses...not sure if she thinks that is a good thing though.

Thumbs up

For myself, being one of those good kids who never partied, never did drugs, and most certainly didn't disrespect my parents, I am learning what signs to look for in my own kids that they may be involved in something crazy..
    Such as brownies..good lord, I never in my life thought I would need to pay such close attention to something such as a brownie.
    I firmly believe that in order to raise a productive adult, you must be nosey, you must invade on your childs privacy to a point, and you must not allow them make mistakes and bail them out of them all the time. In a wicked, distorted way, I am learning alot from the Anthony family on how I know I don't want my kids to turn out..I know that tough love will not be easy, but understand now, just how crucial it will be..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

To be more proactive instead of reactive,
    more or less to act now, ask questions later!

Quote Originally Posted by karenz View Post
    As I have mentioned on the boards, I have been going through some tough life stuff. Since I had an alcohol problem 3 1/2 years ago, I am always worried that at tough times I would start thinking that that would be a good idea. By the grace of God, my 12 step group and loving sponsors and friends I have not even had the idea of taking a drink in mind. I know it sounds crazy but watching this case and WS in particular I have "occupied" my crazy mind to get through. So as usual my higher power gave me what I needed to get through. I have felt a kinship at WS that I find in my 12 step group. You all are a very caring group with just love in your hearts for this little girl who very few people seem to be standing up for. Especially those people (her mom, grandparents, uncle) that SHOULD be standing up for her.

I have also been PM'ed with other people who have loved ones struggling with addiction and I hope I helped them.

So thank you Tricia, Mods, WS'ers for being there. You really don't have any idea on how many levels this helps others...
    So proud of your accomplishments..
    God bless you!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I tried to imagine if my 5 yr old daughter went missing and what could be happening to her while shes gone, and it made me realize that I cant judge how any Grandparent (or inoocent parent) would react in that situation, because just thinking about it put a huge panick on my heart and mind, cant imagine if it really ever did happen. I have also taken more time with my kiddos and done things I wouldnt normally have done with them, I have a hard time with 3 of them, but I make the best of it now.

Caylee Marie Anthony
    8/09/05-6/16/08

America's little girl
    RIP Little One

Ive lost my life, please dont let me lose my name, its CAYLEE Marie Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    For myself, being one of those good kids who never partied, never did drugs, and most certainly didn't disrespect my parents, I am learning what signs to look for in my own kids that they may be involved in something crazy..
    Such as brownies..good lord, I never in my life thought I would need to pay such close attention to something such as a brownie.
    I firmly believe that in order to raise a productive adult, you must be nosey, you must invade on your childs privacy to a point, and you must not allow them make mistakes and bail them out of them all the time. In a wicked, distorted way, I am learning alot from the Anthony family on how I know I don't want my kids to turn out..I know that tough love will not be easy, but understand now, just how crucial it will be..
    I love your answer, mydailyopinions.
    (I know how you feel about the brownies. Who knew! )

This case has helped me do a lot of soul searching since my husband and I are ready to have a baby of our own. (if we can be so lucky) I've asked myself, what if the baby is like Casey? It stresses the importance of parent involvement, so many do's & don'ts! Then I see Caylee's pictures and just want to sit and cry all day because of how that precious baby was taken away, all of us would have snatched her up in a heartbeat and given her a life full of love if we could have!
    Many people here also know someone a bit like Casey, imo it's helped us to open our eyes better and look for warning signs and understand that it's not good to keep ignoring problems and hoping that someday things will get better on their own.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    This case makes me appreciate my normal 21 and 22 year old sons more than ever.
    ME too! I have girls though!

Quote Originally Posted by kidz110 View Post
    I love your answer, mydailyopinions.
    (I know how you feel about the brownies. Who knew! )
    I work with addicts/alcoholics now. You would not BELIEVE the stuff people get into. Very scary. Like "I am glad I know but I wish I did not know?!" Brownies are actually one of the milder ones.

I found this place and in doing so have found out how many missing persons there are.

As things slow in the case, and I think they will before trial, or when this case has you on emotional and/or sensory overload, I suggest you all take a look around the whole place here, not just the Caylee section. There is a whole new section here (a work in progress) here Lighting the Way Home a great resource. You can make a difference here, if interested contact christine2448.

On this case I have been involved with investigating through the Internet various money trails. The end result will be asking for some type of charity oversight, because what exists is not working.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast