Silver linings - positive things this case has done for you!

seeker78

Searcher
Reaction score
I remember first listening to the audio tapes with Yuri and crew, and seeing how much they were doing (by questioning Casey) for little Caylee. Since starting on this case, I've felt pretty helpless -- like nothing I can do can make a difference. Listening to those tapes, I knew I had to do *something*.

Not long after, I saw the term guardian ad litem. I called. I filled out the app. It's in the mail. :D

Because of this case, I'm doing something I would never have known about otherwise.

Nope, did nothing for me other than remind me how horrible people can be, what evil walks this earth, and why I have to protect my children, which I have been anal about since 911.

It's made me more aware of all the other missing children in our country.

As I have mentioned on the boards, I have been going through some tough life stuff. Since I had an alcohol problem 3 1/2 years ago, I am always worried that at tough times I would start thinking that that would be a good idea. By the grace of God, my 12 step group and loving sponsors and friends I have not even had the idea of taking a drink in mind. I know it sounds crazy but watching this case and WS in particular I have "occupied" my crazy mind to get through. So as usual my higher power gave me what I needed to get through. I have felt a kinship at WS that I find in my 12 step group. You all are a very caring group with just love in your hearts for this little girl who very few people seem to be standing up for. Especially those people (her mom, grandparents, uncle) that SHOULD be standing up for her.

I have also been PM'ed with other people who have loved ones struggling with addiction and I hope I helped them.

So thank you Tricia, Mods, WS'ers for being there. You really don't have any idea on how many levels this helps others...

It reminded me how precious my daughter is and how incredibly lucky I am to have her. She has gotten more hugs and kisses...not sure if she thinks that is a good thing though. :)

For myself, being one of those good kids who never partied, never did drugs, and most certainly didn't disrespect my parents, I am learning what signs to look for in my own kids that they may be involved in something crazy..
Such as brownies..good lord, I never in my life thought I would need to pay such close attention to something such as a brownie.
I firmly believe that in order to raise a productive adult, you must be nosey, you must invade on your childs privacy to a point, and you must not allow them make mistakes and bail them out of them all the time. In a wicked, distorted way, I am learning alot from the Anthony family on how I know I don't want my kids to turn out..I know that tough love will not be easy, but understand now, just how crucial it will be..

To be more proactive instead of reactive,
more or less to act now, ask questions later!

As I have mentioned on the boards, I have been going through some tough life stuff. Since I had an alcohol problem 3 1/2 years ago, I am always worried that at tough times I would start thinking that that would be a good idea. By the grace of God, my 12 step group and loving sponsors and friends I have not even had the idea of taking a drink in mind. I know it sounds crazy but watching this case and WS in particular I have "occupied" my crazy mind to get through. So as usual my higher power gave me what I needed to get through. I have felt a kinship at WS that I find in my 12 step group. You all are a very caring group with just love in your hearts for this little girl who very few people seem to be standing up for. Especially those people (her mom, grandparents, uncle) that SHOULD be standing up for her.

I have also been PM'ed with other people who have loved ones struggling with addiction and I hope I helped them.

So thank you Tricia, Mods, WS'ers for being there. You really don't have any idea on how many levels this helps others...

So proud of your accomplishments..:clap:
God bless you!

I tried to imagine if my 5 yr old daughter went missing and what could be happening to her while shes gone, and it made me realize that I cant judge how any Grandparent (or inoocent parent) would react in that situation, because just thinking about it put a huge panick on my heart and mind, cant imagine if it really ever did happen. I have also taken more time with my kiddos and done things I wouldnt normally have done with them, I have a hard time with 3 of them, but I make the best of it now.

For myself, being one of those good kids who never partied, never did drugs, and most certainly didn't disrespect my parents, I am learning what signs to look for in my own kids that they may be involved in something crazy..
Such as brownies..good lord, I never in my life thought I would need to pay such close attention to something such as a brownie.
I firmly believe that in order to raise a productive adult, you must be nosey, you must invade on your childs privacy to a point, and you must not allow them make mistakes and bail them out of them all the time. In a wicked, distorted way, I am learning alot from the Anthony family on how I know I don't want my kids to turn out..I know that tough love will not be easy, but understand now, just how crucial it will be..
I love your answer, mydailyopinions.
(I know how you feel about the brownies. Who knew! :eek:)

This case has helped me do a lot of soul searching since my husband and I are ready to have a baby of our own. (if we can be so lucky) I've asked myself, what if the baby is like Casey? It stresses the importance of parent involvement, so many do's & don'ts! Then I see Caylee's pictures and just want to sit and cry all day because of how that precious baby was taken away, all of us would have snatched her up in a heartbeat and given her a life full of love if we could have!
Many people here also know someone a bit like Casey, imo it's helped us to open our eyes better and look for warning signs and understand that it's not good to keep ignoring problems and hoping that someday things will get better on their own.

VB

I love your answer, mydailyopinions.
(I know how you feel about the brownies. Who knew! :eek:)

I work with addicts/alcoholics now. You would not BELIEVE the stuff people get into. Very scary. Like "I am glad I know but I wish I did not know?!" Brownies are actually one of the milder ones. :eek::eek::eek:

I found this place and in doing so have found out how many missing persons there are.

As things slow in the case, and I think they will before trial, or when this case has you on emotional and/or sensory overload, I suggest you all take a look around the whole place here, not just the Caylee section. There is a whole new section here (a work in progress) here Lighting the Way Home a great resource. You can make a difference here, if interested contact christine2448.

On this case I have been involved with investigating through the Internet various money trails. The end result will be asking for some type of charity oversight, because what exists is not working.

I appreciate the baby/toddler my daughter is, trying not to wish these times to go by too fast. Which they do anyway. I hold her more, kiss her more, hug her more, smell her more, and pray continuously that nothing of this nature ever happens to any child again (I know, but I can pray).

I've also become determined to instill in my child a sense of responsibility for her actions, respect, ethics, and to make her aware of others. I feel so strongly that this last generation (teens and 20 somethings by the large) are all about ME. When did this sense of entitlement become the status quo? I surely wasn't raised that way. I was taught to look towards self before stepping out to place blame else where. If I was at a scene where something happened, even if I didn't do something, I was still at fault for being there kind of thing...
I thank my parents for that. I hope I can do 1/2 the job they did with my sisters and I.

Nope, did nothing for me other than remind me how horrible people can be, what evil walks this earth, and why I have to protect my children, which I have been anal about since 911.

You and me both. I am not ashamed to admit, I look at people differently. I never trust, until that trust has been earned. Trust is earned-not given freely.

I have also realized how blessed I am that I have a loving and supportive family and 2 amazing boys, who know that I love them with all my soul, BUT also know they will face the music when needed; instead of Mom paying off the musicians. There are not perfect, but I would not change one itty-bitty thing.

I will continue to work my butt off at trying my very best to raise fine, up standing, law abiding, conscience filled, open-eyed, educated gentlemen.

This case is tragic. As a parent, I always aim to try and appreciate each moment with my child. But, sometimes, with the daily grind and dealing with this cruel world, I fail miserably at true appreciation and instead I am consumed with preoccupation of worries and stress.

This case has made me more conscious than ever not to take my child for granted. To value each and every moment. To create each and every moment.

I was following this case heavily since it first broke, but I haven't been on websleuths for a few weeks now. Previously, I'd stay up late and sleuth after my child went to bed, or when she was playing with friends. But one Sunday I found myself all day in my pj's sleuthing, while my daughter watched tv and played and at some point I realized "this is ridiculous, I'm sleuthing this case while my precious child is available to hang out with me." I haven't sleuthed since. Instead, my daughter and I have spent our weekends going to the zoo, shopping, riding bikes, baking, painting the house, and various other activities. Together. And for the first time in a long time, I can truly say I've created and valued each and every moment to the fullest. Not half-as*ed. And that, my friends, is my silver lining.

I hug my two and half year old tighter everytime I see Caylee's picture.....I want my babies to know how much I appreciate every breath they take :)

It has made me realize that my life has not been as enormously painful as it has been for all these people. There have been so many innocent victims in this path of distruction. I am blessed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back